Would you try living on the moon, Mars or elsewhere?

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
CA governor Gavin Newsome wants to speed up his bill to fight climate change. We've been to the moon back and are thinking about sending a manned mission to Mars. Once a planet or moon is found that we may be able to colonize, would you be one of the first colonists to live there if you thought the Earth was going downhill too fast? There may be Europa, one of Jupiter's moons, that is like Earth. Usually, the first colonizers are the most successful.

If I were still in my 20's, I would. Now, not so much. Sure I would visit if I could, but I doubt I could contribute much constructive these days day in and day out like such a new undertaking would require.

CA governor Gavin Newsome wants to speed up his bill to fight climate change. We've been to the moon back and are thinking about sending a manned mission to Mars. Once a planet or moon is found that we may be able to colonize, would you be one of the first colonists to live there if you thought the Earth was going downhill too fast? There may be Europa, one of Jupiter's moons, that is like Earth. Usually, the first colonizers are the most successful.
For a one-way trip I'd want to be with my family and thousands of others. Get back to me in 150 years or so.

Democrats have to go somewhere after they destroy the planet earth.

If I were still in my 20's, I would. Now, not so much. Sure I would visit if I could, but I doubt I could contribute much constructive these days day in and day out like such a new undertaking would require.
I always dreamed of doing something like this as a kid, but then reality hit.

1. The known universe is just dead.

2. Earth is on life support. The moon is just the right size and distance to maintain the Earths spin, without which, none of us would be here. The earth has a magnetic core that shields the Earth from devastating Gamma rays that the rest of the universe suffers from, even Mars. The sun is just the right distance to keep us at a perfect temperature. And even since the earliest of recorded fossils shows life on earth, as no time at all was needed for life to come about, showing us that there is something about the planet that allows life to exist.

3. NASA is controlled by the US government. This alone should destroy all our hopes and dreams. In fact, the only way for NASA to be successful in going to Mars would be to convince them that freedom loving free market Martians exist there who are conservative Christians who need taxed and controlled like they do Earthlings.

I say we should go back to the moon we should go to Mars. We should mine the asteroids. It’s fine to use robots. But what we really need is to help make life here in Earth safer and more joyful.

Some may say I’m a dreamer.

But I don’t like John Lennon’s philosophy.

Oh, abso-f;lkjl-lutely. (can I say that here?)

Or die trying.

I always dreamed of doing something like this as a kid, but then reality hit.

1. The known universe is just dead.

2. Earth is on life support. The moon is just the right size and distance to maintain the Earths spin, without which, none of us would be here. The earth has a magnetic core that shields the Earth from devastating Gamma rays that the rest of the universe suffers from, even Mars. The sun is just the right distance to keep us at a perfect temperature. And even since the earliest of recorded fossils shows life on earth, as no time at all was needed for life to come about, showing us that there is something about the planet that allows life to exist.

3. NASA is controlled by the US government. This alone should destroy all our hopes and dreams. In fact, the only way for NASA to be successful in going to Mars would be to convince them that freedom loving free market Martians exist there who are conservative Christians who need taxed and controlled like they do Earthlings.

We choose to go to the Moon and Mars, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too. - Or something like that.

Would you try living on the moon, Mars or elsewhere?​

When I was a young science fiction fan I thought I will live today on Titan, the 6th moon of Saturn. And now? I live suddenly on a planet full of violent autocrats with a sick power and masses of idiots who don't respect the still unwritten rigths of animals and kill the only known planet of the universe where for sure life exists. Whoever named our species once "homo sapiens sapiens" had for sure a lot of strange humor.

Last edited:
Democrats have to go somewhere after they destroy the planet earth.

Hang Trump. And take care about all people of the USA independent from their opinions. And don't think if you make others down then this will make the USA great.

Last edited:
That's actually something that is beyond the scope of earth-dwellers ever doing. There will be no intragalactic planetary colonies. The only planet capable of sustaining the life we have on earth is ours.

That's actually something that is beyond the scope of earth-dwellers ever doing. There will be no intragalactic planetary colonies. The only planet capable of sustaining the life we have on earth is ours.

Cats don't think so. It's their planet. But what cats don't know: The real masters of the planet Earth are the dogs. First they made human beings intelligent and now when they have a problem which they are not able to solve they take a deep look into the eyes of a human being and this human beings start to solve their problems - if they are human beings and not only monkeys.

Last edited:
Cats don't think so. It's their planet.
They're free to think that, and they probably do, but God gave man dominion over every other living thing on this earth, including cats. Right now I'm struggling with a decision of whether or not to kill a colony of bees so I can mow my yard in peace. I've let them live for at least a dozen years and they never messed with me except for the past couple years. However, I'm not going to be intimidated by some bees from mowing my grass. That just can't be allowed. :nono:
I do not want to get stung again. I do know how to prevent that from happening.

Last edited:
I'm not a slave or your slave. Not sure what your point is.

You will see what you and your children will be when you don't hang Trump. I "know" what I could be with a higher probability in this case: Radioactive sceleton powder.

Forum List

Back