Would you support lowering the corporate tax to 25% without loopholes?

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Would you support lowering the corporate tax to 25% without loopholes? This would put us more inline with the rest of the world and would make liberals happy as the rich wouldn't get away with 14% rates(Romney!!!!).

I think this could be part of the agreement.

• Banned
Since the average effective corporate tax rate in this country is significantly less than 25%, it wouldn't be "lowering" anything.

This is pretty much what my point was. The rich would pay what most first world countries rich pay without the loopholes.

The conservatives are happy as we don't have the imagine of having the highest corporate in the world.

Without loopholes, yes.

I think that would be fair. I think it should be progressive though. Higher rates on incomes over $250,000 and then $500,000 and then $1 million and so on.

We'll get back into surplus again when we're finally getting the revenue we're supposed to be getting from the top 2%, who've got all the rules in their favor.

What are corporations even paying right now? Low teens, right? Some aren't even paying anything.

We're lying to ourselves if we think we can solve the fiscal crisis by thinking the money's in teacher pensions and Food Stamps.

It needs to be lowered to 15% and over regulations repealed, especially the real stupid ones.
We need to compete with Hong Kong 16.5% and Singapore 17% - 19%

Then we would see companies from all over the world move here as they expanded their Companies.
People would be able to get jobs and we would see real strong growth.

Last edited:
It needs to be lowered to 15% and over regulations repealed, especially the real stupid ones.

Then we would see companies from all over the world move here as they expanded their Companies.

The average American corporation currently pays an effective tax rate of 12.6%.

I would under the following conditions:

-A Maximum overall total compensation package of 5 million a year for any person in the company. Anything over that? 95% tax.
-The disparity between executives to workers compensation could be no more than 10xs.
-Companies which had more than 45% of their workforce overseas would be subject to higher tax on a sliding scale depending on the ratio.
-Companies would be required to provide Americans with jobs first if they meet qualifications. H2B hires would then be given the opportunity to get the position at the EXACT same pay.

No. That lowering rates + getting rid of loopholes scheme is a scam.

Once the rates gets lowered, it would be very difficult to ever raise them again. The loopholes,

that's another matter. It's easy to slip loopholes back in, here and there, little by little.

The average American corporation currently pays an effective tax rate of 12.6%.

This is exactly why we need a new tax code.
One that gets rid of loop holes, deductions and would get rid of Crony Capitalism in Washington.
This is also why those that keep putting up that we had taxes at 90% at one time is not correct. No one paid 90% it was more like in the low 40's after all of the deductions.

-A Maximum overall total compensation package of 5 million a year for any person in the company. Anything over that? 95% tax.
-The disparity between executives to workers compensation could be no more than 10xs.
-Companies which had more than 45% of their workforce overseas would be subject to higher tax on a sliding scale depending on the ratio.
-Companies would be required to provide Americans with jobs first if they meet qualifications. H2B hires would then be given the opportunity to get the position at the EXACT same pay.

95 percent tax. Lol, just take it all.

That's their utopian dream, 100% taxation, then they just dispense to the lowly peasants what they feel is deserved.

That's their utopian dream, 100% taxation, then they just dispense to the lowly peasants what they feel is deserved.

Yep. Productive citizens being turned into the kulaks.

A 12 per cent EFFECTIVE rate is ridiculous- there are a lot of loopholes that should be ended...especially when and if the gd TEA PARTY allows a recovery...

YOU are a brainwashed hater twit. Dems are against raising taxes on the nonrich who've been slowly SCREWED by voodoo over the last 30 years, while the rich and CEOs have become totally bloated...and the country has gone to hell...change the gd channel, fool.

Forum List

Back