"Would you please raise my taxes?"

In California, Obama Defends Push To Raise Taxes On High-Income Americans | Fox News

At a town hall, one man set up the president to make his point, saying: "Would you please raise my taxes?" The questioner said he was unemployed by his own choice, having done well at a nearby start-up search-engine company in Silicon Valley, and was willing to pay more.

If this douche bag wants Obama to raise more taxes, then he should donate to the IRS.

I don't believe there is anything in the law to prevent him from making a vountary financial contribution to the US.

What an idiot :cuckoo:

He was probably a "plant." :lol:

....Or a Bush. :eusa_angel:

In California, Obama Defends Push To Raise Taxes On High-Income Americans | Fox News

At a town hall, one man set up the president to make his point, saying: "Would you please raise my taxes?" The questioner said he was unemployed by his own choice, having done well at a nearby start-up search-engine company in Silicon Valley, and was willing to pay more.

If this douche bag wants Obama to raise more taxes, then he should donate to the IRS.

I don't believe there is anything in the law to prevent him from making a vountary financial contribution to the US.

What an idiot :cuckoo:

He was probably a "plant." :lol:

Of course he was a plant.

The Dems usually need somebody to give their ignorance voice.

I've heard people like W. Buffet and other useful idiots make similar statements then discovered they were hypocites. I was waiting for the left to take it mainstream.

Last edited:
reagan and the two bushes created 93% of the national debt by lowering taxes for the rich.

The republicans want to defund the government so they can kill social security, medicare, and the epa.

That way wall street can get their hands on all that delicious retirement money, and the extraction companies can rape and pollute the planet at will.

View attachment 15417

Its all class warfare.

If they really wanted revenue they would go after the middle class. Thats where the real money is.

There just aren't enough rich out there to make a difference.

Won't hear anyone screaming to raise the taxes on the middle class though.

Peronally I think raising taxes on anyone in this economy is a really bad idea.

Its all class warfare.

If they really wanted revenue they would go after the middle class. Thats where the real money is.

Raising taxes on the middle class is not a wise move with an election looming.

Its all class warfare.

You know it.

If revenue were the goal that just where they would be going. There just aren't enought rich folks out there.

Barry can't very well run on his record, which sucks, hence the class warfare bs.

I wonder if the Dems will try to get him to do an LBJ so they can run with someone else??

Shit. Thats what I would do.

How about capital gains tax? What percentage is paid on capital gains? 15%?

Capital Gains tax is a rip-off.

It's a tax on money that already has been taxed and it offers a loophole to millionaires like Warren Buffet. It defeats it's own purpose.

No it isn't. It's a tax on profits, not the principle.

So.. if you want capital gains taxed the same as all other income (not saying I disagree with you on that part)... I take it you would not mind a flat 15% federal income tax rate across the board on every dollar earned by every last citizen, with zero exceptions, zero loopholes, zero deductions, no matter how the income was obtained

How about capital gains tax? What percentage is paid on capital gains? 15%?

Capital Gains tax is a rip-off.

It's a tax on money that already has been taxed and it offers a loophole to millionaires like Warren Buffet. It defeats it's own purpose.

No it isn't. It's a tax on profits, not the principle.

Ok Sparky.

I can tell you've never had an S-Type corp or an LLC.

They're tax-shelters for the rich.

They put all of their profits in their LLC and pay themselves a measley wage which is taxed at the normal income rate, which is usually nothing, then all profits are ether re-invested in the business or only gets taxed at half the rate of everybody else as Capital Gains. It was intended to tax the rich but most of them use it to get around it's intent.

Raising Capital Gains only forces them to cut back or move.

Last edited:
Best thing to do is institute a 9% National Sales tax, get rid of the IRS, and get rid of all income-taxes period. That way we pay into it when we purchase products or whatever. The rich will be taxed automatically according to their expenses. If they buy more shit they pay more.

Last edited:
Its all class warfare.

You know it.

If revenue were the goal that just where they would be going. There just aren't enought rich folks out there.

Barry can't very well run on his record, which sucks, hence the class warfare bs.

I wonder if the Dems will try to get him to do an LBJ so they can run with someone else??

Shit. Thats what I would do.

Obama would be cutting his own throat if he said "Tax the Middle-Class".

Besides, he wouldn't be able to use his fav tactic, Divide and Agitate.

His ultimate goal is to tax everyone, but that would unify everyone....into dumping his sorry ass.

Last edited:
Best thing to do is institute a 9% National Sales tax, get rid of the IRS, and get rid of all income-taxes period. That way we pay into it when we purchase products or whatever. The rich will be automatically according to their expenses. If they buy more shit they pay more.

This is a little scary as the sales tax in my city is over 10%.

Would the national sales tax be added to that ?

If I balanced it against my current income tax liability, I don't know that there is much difference.

But once it is in place, it will only go up.

I do like the idea because that way the poor get to pay their "fair share" too.

Best thing to do is institute a 9% National Sales tax, get rid of the IRS, and get rid of all income-taxes period. That way we pay into it when we purchase products or whatever. The rich will be automatically according to their expenses. If they buy more shit they pay more.

If I balanced it against my current income tax liability, I don't know that there is much difference.

How to get rid of the income tax and replace it with a national sales tax has already been thought out in detail. It's called the Fair Tax. By the way, I believe Gary Johnson is the only candidate putting his support behind it right now. I think Cain has said that he would support it, but that his 9-9-9 plan is an interim solution to get to the Fair Tax.

Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans For Fair Taxation

Last edited:

Yes. You already have a small part of it going to the feds. Our sales tax is 13%....10 to the state and 3 to the feds.

The trick is making Congress stick to a budget and not allow them to raise the tax rate without a referendum vote.

Yes. You already have a small part of it going to the feds. Our sales tax is 13%....10 to the state and 3 to the feds.

The trick is making Congress stick to a budget and not allow them to raise the tax rate without a referendum vote.

Wow.

A sales tax of 13% !!!

Unbelievable.

Does congress even know how to spell budget, must less make one and keep to it ?

Why is it that the GOP is against the payroll tax cut? Are they not the party for less taxation? Oh, its ok as long as you increase the taxes on the middle class and working poor. Raise the taxes on the middle class. Why not. Lets make a line and all give that money to the corporations. They need it.

so only the wealthy who care about this country should pay their fair share?

We'll talk when you start promote the 47% of Americans who pay no income taxes start pitching in their "fair share". Oh yeah, please define what a "fair share" is exactly.

half-of-america-has-25-of-the-wealth.jpg

so only the wealthy who care about this country should pay their fair share?

We'll talk when you start promote the 47% of Americans who pay no income taxes start pitching in their "fair share". Oh yeah, please define what a "fair share" is exactly.

half-of-america-has-25-of-the-wealth.jpg

So what? The top wealthy already pay the lion's share of federal tax while 47% pay none. If you want people to pay a "fair share", you first have to define what it is and then apply it to ALL.

Chew on this. The top 1% hold 33% of the wealth and pay 38% of the federal tax.

View attachment 15433

National Taxpayers Union - Who Pays Income Taxes?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back