Would you eat this?

I have. It's delicious. It's perfectly safe, Germans have been doing it for generations.

Not with American factory pork they haven't
Well no. My understanding is those animals are specially raised, extra clean, extra healthy, inspected to an extreme degree, and so on.
Pretty much.
There is a HUGE difference between farm-raised, naturally fed, fat and happy pigs to gated, poorly fed with unnatural feed designed to fatten them up to slaughter weight as soon as possible.
HUGE difference.
I buy all of our meat from a local butcher that sources all of their products within 100 miles of the store.

I have. It's delicious. It's perfectly safe, Germans have been doing it for generations.

Well no. My understanding is those animals are specially raised, extra clean, extra healthy, inspected to an extreme degree, and so on.
Pretty much.
There is a HUGE difference between farm-raised, naturally fed, fat and happy pigs to gated, poorly fed with unnatural feed designed to fatten them up to slaughter weight as soon as possible.
HUGE difference.
I buy all of our meat from a local butcher that sources all of their products within 100 miles of the store.
My father raises organic beef, his neighbor (like 4 miles away) raises organic pork, and he has a friend that raises free range organic chickens. They trade and we all eat well.

Pretty much.
HUGE difference.
My father raises organic beef, his neighbor (like 4 miles away) raises organic pork, and he has a friend that raises free range organic chickens. They trade and we all eat well.

The biggest difference, to me, is the chicken.
Corporate frankenchicken has virtually no flavor, odd almost gelatinous meat texture with little muscle fiber.
Corporate pork is grayish pink, dries out quickly and also lacks flavor.
You are what you eat. And if you are an animal that eats corn/soybean meal and other unnatural sugar-based meal grinds - you won't taste like an animal that eats a variety of grasses, fruits and higher quality feed.

There's a health warning right now for wild boar meat in the US because they're infested. Most white people don't eat that crap anyway, they're just pest animals.

Forum List

Back