Would you consider ANY of the candidates on the left rational down to earth politicians?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
None of these candidates appear normal to me. Almost all of their ideas are beyond absurd.

I guess the good news in all of this is if they continue on this path they have no chance of winning the Whitehouse and might even lose control of the House.

By our own personal standards, or in comparison to Trump?
Do you see Trump mentioned in the op?
Hey, just checking. Elections are about contrast.

Sure, I think they're rational enough, for politicians. And I don't I'd consider any of them "down to earth", given the fact that politicians are driven largely by their enormous egos. These are people who exist in an inner world that most of us will never understand.

I think the problem is that most of them probably aren't ready, and that they're running more on their "identity" than on qualifications. As a group, I'd say the 2016 GOP field had a higher percentage of "qualified candidates", even if I didn't agree with them on the issues.

But, now that the bar has been lowered so drastically, who knows.

By our own personal standards, or in comparison to Trump?
We get that you guys despise him personally, but what POLICIES of your president are "unreasonable" to you tards.
I don't despise or hate anyone. That's for people like you.

I am, however, thankful that I don't have to go through life like that.

None of these candidates appear normal to me. Almost all of their ideas are beyond absurd.

I guess the good news in all of this is if they continue on this path they have no chance of winning the Whitehouse and might even lose control of the House.
Compared to our current Dotard in chief The Don?

Jack Nicholson in "The Shining" is rational compared to Trump. You don't want rational. You want Trump so GFY.
51q9s3ovI4L._AC_SY400_.jpg

She has not gotten much media attention but Tulsi Gabbard seems to be rational and have common sense. I would have to hear more from her to be sure of this but so far she does not come as a far left fanatic.

Elections are about contrast.

The contrast is between the candidates running in the primaries right now. Trump is not part of that equation YET. They all seem a bit unhinged to me. From tearing down existing border walls to banning the combustion engine..... There seems to be no limit to their willingness to out crazy each other.

They are so damn far out in left field how can the possibly hope to appeal to everyday voters once the real race starts.

I will grant you that Trump says some pretty ridiculous shit but he has an economy and record of achievement that will trump his mouth once the actual race begins.

Would you consider ANY of the candidates on the left rational down to earth politicians?

Is that supposed to be a case for giving Trump 4 more years?

:auiqs.jpg:

The contrast is between the candidates running in the primaries right now. Trump is not part of that equation YET. They all seem a bit unhinged to me. From tearing down existing border walls to banning the combustion engine..... There seems to be no limit to their willingness to out crazy each other.

They are so damn far out in left field how can the possibly hope to appeal to everyday voters once the real race starts.

I will grant you that Trump says some pretty ridiculous shit but he has an economy and record of achievement that will trump his mouth once the actual race begins.
Trump announced his reelection campaign two years ago and has no one to play with.

The party has moved so far to the left that there's really no way to know what some of these people actually think.

They're gonna "play to the base", which is all that matters at this point.

I can only hope that, if a Democrat can beat Trump, they'll drop the nutso crap.

It's just a part of the democratic party coming unglued and destroying itself. It'll be all over in a couple of years because they are not likely to come to their senses at this point. They are too far down the bowl and are circling the drain already.

Forum List

Back