Would You Call This Basic Arrogance?

Campbell

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
This statement by Franklin Graham automatically condemns about 5 billion humans to hell fire not to mention hundreds of billions who have already lived and died:

"A personal relationship with Almighty God through His Son Jesus Christ is the only thing that can fill the void in the human heart," Graham said. "This is not a matter of opinion--Jesus said, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to Father except through Me.' One way, one Savior, no exceptions."

Revelation 21:
8 But the fearful,
and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone:

Ok, so in theory if I accept Jeebus but say Christianity can go play with itself, I'm good? :)

The teachings of Jesus and the practices of Christianity are not the same.

Jesus taught the onyl religion extant during his lifetime, Judaism. Gospels weren't written until decades and centuries after his death. Only one he knew about anyway.

Lots of religions in his lifetime,and there is no way he didn't know about many of them. I don't know if he really existed, but the things attributed to him certainly don't match the bile coming from so called Christians.

Ok, so in theory if I accept Jeebus but say Christianity can go play with itself, I'm good? :)

The teachings of Jesus and the practices of Christianity are not the same.

Jesus taught the onyl religion extant during his lifetime, Judaism. Gospels weren't written until decades and centuries after his death. Only one he knew about anyway.

Lots of religions in his lifetime,and there is no way he didn't know about many of them. I don't know if he really existed, but the things attributed to him certainly don't match the bile coming from so called Christians.

Yes (groans) there were many religions and he woulda perhaps had awareness of them, but he wouldn't have been an authority on any of them. Being Jewish in a Jewish land he woulda known that though.

Forum List

Back