Would you buy shoes or clothes made from trash that is recovered from the ocean?

Yep. I would buy something that is recycled.

Even if it is some of those shoes that are constantly put up in commercials.

I mean really.................do I care how many dunks or baskets you made?

No.

I care about how many lives you have improved.

It would be nice if we could make use of trash, not just the trash in the ocean. Too much stuff is disposable these days. Lots of cheap crap is made and it's a shame. Even televisions are disposable these days. Used to be once you bought something, it lasted for many years and if it broke you would have it repaired. People collect antiques and collectibles and just the fact that there are so many really old items around tells you how well they were made. I doubt that in the future people will be collecting the crap made today.

If they make something nice out of the junk they collect, then sure I'll buy it if I need it. I'd like to see some practical items made that people actually need. Repurposing items is the rage now. Saw a picture of a green house that someone made from plastic bottles. Some might say it's a bit tacky, but better than sitting in a landfill for decades.

Yes, because if our government and so-called "GreenPeace" activists don't wanna do that - i will!
But it's very sad that this initiative is just to earn some money(and not only to corporations)

I live in North Las Vegas a few blocks from a massive trash complex where all the refuse from around the valley is gathered, sorted, processed, and transported.

Recycling has become such a big deal that they're doubling the size of their facility.

calendars.jpg

And nice modern trucks that only need a single operator. What is left over is transported off to the north.

images

The old dump is in the depression just to the center of the picture. It's been covered over and you can't tell it from the surrounding desert.

Would I buy stuff made from recycled items? You bet!

Problem with TVs is not built in disposability, its tech in that area is moving very fast right now plus price per screen size keeps coming down

Forum List

Back