Would the military support a Trump Coup?

The 2nd Amendment has already been adjudicated against you vis a vis weapons of war.

So no, you are flat wrong.

No it hasn't. If I go by Heller V and McDonald V, the ones that most try and use for this purpose, I only seen them referring to home defense using "Normal" guns I.E. handguns. You may be able to expand those to normal shotguns and conventional hunting rifles as well. I don't think that would be beyond reason.

But the AR is not protected by the 2nd amendment anymore than any other weapons specifically designed for the battle field. And every feature of the AR is for the battle field. Just because it can do something else doesn't make it any less than a Battle Rifle. Notice, I didn't say Assault Rifle as that's just a really bad term.

For instance, if I am doing a job and I need to hammer in a pin and all I have out is a crescent wrench and I need it driven in right now, do I take the 5 minutes to retrieve the mallet or do I just use the Crescent Wrench to tap the pin in. Does that mean the Crescent Wrench is a Mallet? Is it now a Crescent Mallet? By your definition, that's exactly what it must be.

US V Miller specified that weapons can be banned if they have no military purpose. That is called checkmate.

Have I once said I wanted to ban a single weapon? But what Miller did do was state that a government CAN regulate any firearm and it used Hell V to come to that agreement.

I really wished you would stop trying use the "Fear" tactic to twist things trying to make others believe I am saying something I have never said. The more you do this the more you help the rest of us to know that we are doing the right thing in regulating certain weapons.

Wrong, it said the government can regulate any weapons that have no military purpose.

That argument was thrownout a very long time ago. With the weapons of war used today, there is nothing off the table. The opinion was that of a naive justice. Today, the fact that the shortened barrelled shotgun and shortened Rifle is still illegal still stands only because it has zero use for civilian use. This does not mean it does not have some use in a Military application. In today's world, Everything has military application. You keep going back to that to try and make excuses why you should not be regulated from your fondest dreams.

Fact remains, the short barrelled Shotgun is BANNED in the Civilian world. Since our Military doesn't use it, it's one of the few real bans we have. Meanwhile, almost all the rest are Regulated. You keep trying keep the fear going by raising the Fear scare. Pardon me if I don't hide under my bed while clutching my guns in a deep sweat for fear of "Them" coming to seize all my guns. It's been a couple of hundred years and you gunnutters have been running around screaming that the sky is falling. Well, the sky is still there and no one has come for your guns. And, most importantly, they haven't come for mine. And until they come for mine, I doubt seriously that they are coming for your either unless you prove to be a real danger to those around you which wouldn't surprise me one bit.

The 2nd Amendment has already been adjudicated against you vis a vis weapons of war.

No it hasn't. If I go by Heller V and McDonald V, the ones that most try and use for this purpose, I only seen them referring to home defense using "Normal" guns I.E. handguns. You may be able to expand those to normal shotguns and conventional hunting rifles as well. I don't think that would be beyond reason.

But the AR is not protected by the 2nd amendment anymore than any other weapons specifically designed for the battle field. And every feature of the AR is for the battle field. Just because it can do something else doesn't make it any less than a Battle Rifle. Notice, I didn't say Assault Rifle as that's just a really bad term.

For instance, if I am doing a job and I need to hammer in a pin and all I have out is a crescent wrench and I need it driven in right now, do I take the 5 minutes to retrieve the mallet or do I just use the Crescent Wrench to tap the pin in. Does that mean the Crescent Wrench is a Mallet? Is it now a Crescent Mallet? By your definition, that's exactly what it must be.

US V Miller specified that weapons can be banned if they have no military purpose. That is called checkmate.

Have I once said I wanted to ban a single weapon? But what Miller did do was state that a government CAN regulate any firearm and it used Hell V to come to that agreement.

I really wished you would stop trying use the "Fear" tactic to twist things trying to make others believe I am saying something I have never said. The more you do this the more you help the rest of us to know that we are doing the right thing in regulating certain weapons.

Wrong, it said the government can regulate any weapons that have no military purpose.

That argument was thrownout a very long time ago. With the weapons of war used today, there is nothing off the table. The opinion was that of a naive justice. Today, the fact that the shortened barrelled shotgun and shortened Rifle is still illegal still stands only because it has zero use for civilian use. This does not mean it does not have some use in a Military application. In today's world, Everything has military application. You keep going back to that to try and make excuses why you should not be regulated from your fondest dreams.

Fact remains, the short barrelled Shotgun is BANNED in the Civilian world.

Really?

18 inches is illegal.

18 1/4 inches is legal.

As I advised earlier, get educated.

Would the military support Trump, who respects them, funds them and is their commander in chief? Or would they back a party that hates them. It's pretty obvious how this thing would go down.

If Trump orders the military to install him as dictator will it obey? Can he depend on the troops to obey his orders? Can he depend on the generals to obey his orders?

You know how often foreign dictators have been able to get their troops to fall in line, could you say "no"?

My professor used to say iif you want to take over a country take over the army and the police.
Even Trumps supporters would turn on him.

Really?

18 inches is illegal.

18 1/4 inches is legal.

I already know that and have not said otherwise. Does it make you feel like a real big person to try and make the other person look bad by lying like this? You must be a Rumpster. The Signs are all there. And you still can't have one unless you hide it after you hack the barrel off. And you will still have to hide the fact that you probably have all sorts of illegal weapons in your possession that are outside of the Regulations as well. Criminals like you are a dime a dozen and not worth our trouble to seek out.

If Trump orders the military to install him as dictator will it obey? Can he depend on the troops to obey his orders? Can he depend on the generals to obey his orders?

You know how often foreign dictators have been able to get their troops to fall in line, could you say "no"?

My professor used to say iif you want to take over a country take over the army and the police.

^Observe the leftist shill trial balloon and DO NOT take it lightly. This is a shill that was told to post that to check popular support for whatever the trial balloon is.

Bitch, it will be Civil War and we will obliterate your asses.

If you think I'm bullshittin' about the trial balloon thing, one was floated about Trump raping a 13-year old girl in march of 2016.
Would you stop with this nonsense?

You don't want a war. For starters you conservitards would be hopelessly outnumbered. Secondly the vast majority of conservitards are over 60, and thirdly the ones who aren't are just a buncha blow-hards on the internet. Your side would go down so fast your head wouldn't stop spinning for a month.
birthday commie.jpg

Somehow, your claims ring hollow.

There are a lot of people in this thread believing they know how the military mindset works when they've never worn the uniform and have shown nothing but contempt for military members.

It's okay. I don't mind if you look retarded if you don't.

Fact remains, the short barrelled Shotgun is BANNED in the Civilian world. Since our Military doesn't use it, it's one of the few real bans we have. Meanwhile, almost all the rest are Regulated. You keep trying keep the fear going by raising the Fear scare. Pardon me if I don't hide under my bed while clutching my guns in a deep sweat for fear of "Them" coming to seize all my guns. It's been a couple of hundred years and you gunnutters have been running around screaming that the sky is falling. Well, the sky is still there and no one has come for your guns. And, most importantly, they haven't come for mine. And until they come for mine, I doubt seriously that they are coming for your either unless you prove to be a real danger to those around you which wouldn't surprise me one bit.

That argument has never been thrown out. Where do you come up with this nonsense?

YOU are the one who is fearmongering. Get real. Ban guns or the world is going to end ahhhhhh!

That's all you have

Really?

18 inches is illegal.

18 1/4 inches is legal.

I already know that and have not said otherwise. Does it make you feel like a real big person to try and make the other person look bad by lying like this? You must be a Rumpster. The Signs are all there. And you still can't have one unless you hide it after you hack the barrel off. And you will still have to hide the fact that you probably have all sorts of illegal weapons in your possession that are outside of the Regulations as well. Criminals like you are a dime a dozen and not worth our trouble to seek out.

When a clown invites attention I am happy to point him out.

Hide it? :auiqs.jpg: I put slugs through it down at a very public range.

I have no illegal weapons.

^Observe the leftist shill trial balloon and DO NOT take it lightly. This is a shill that was told to post that to check popular support for whatever the trial balloon is.

If you think I'm bullshittin' about the trial balloon thing, one was floated about Trump raping a 13-year old girl in march of 2016.

You don't want a war. For starters you conservitards would be hopelessly outnumbered. Secondly the vast majority of conservitards are over 60, and thirdly the ones who aren't are just a buncha blow-hards on the internet. Your side would go down so fast your head wouldn't stop spinning for a month.

No one of sound mind wants a war. So don't start one that you will quickly lose.

No one of sound mind wants a war. So don't start one that you will quickly lose.
Funny shit there kiddo.

Please, show me where liberals are talking war.

You can't, because they aren't.
The only people talking war are you mentally ill moron on the right.
A war you would lose.

Democrats do things, republicans sit and bitch.

Funny shit there kiddo.

Please, show me where liberals are talking war.

You can't, because they aren't.
The only people talking war are you mentally ill moron on the right.
A war you would lose.

Democrats do things, republicans sit and bitch.
SEN. TIM KAINE (D-VA):

…So, the way we get outside the bubble is we take advantage of this tremendous public outcry against the administration.

What we’ve got to do is fight in Congress, fight in the courts, fight in the streets, fight online, fight at the ballot box, and now there’s the momentum to be able to do this.
Sen Kaine (you may remember him as being Failed Hillary's running mate) calling for fighting in the street.

Liberals Announce Plan to Crush Normal Americans in a New “Civil War” (Spoiler: It’s Not a Great Plan)

From the bastion of liberal rational thought, DU:
The next civil war is coming. It is almost inevitable.

Here's some proto-Commies preparing for armed revolt.

Even a writer at HuffPo called for violent resistance.

Meanwhile, you little bitches piss your pants in terror at the thought of guns. You're hopelessly outgunned.

Be careful what you ask for. It won't end like you want.

First of all you seem not to understand what a 'coup' is ...as in.......Coup d’éta also called Coup, is the sudden, overthrow of an existing government by a small group. In many cases it is violent.

What we are now witnessing is something never seen before in this nation....a group of democrats aided by some in the intelligence community and the msm is attempting to orchestrate the overthrow of President Trump....in essence a 'coup'...so far not violent though many supporters of this attempt to overthrow Trump have committed violence against some Trump Supporters....most notably antifa.

Now if Trump felt he needed dictatorial power...he would need to declare martial law....and since by Law he is the commander-in-chief the military would be legally obligated to follow his orders.

Of course at this point Trump has no desire to declare martial law...but if the democrats manage to stir up an insurrection with the help of the msm...then martial law might be needed to suppress it, if the states could not handle it. Or he might just send in the national guard to take care of it. Martial Law would be a last resort.

Whether or not Congress would go along with it is another question. If not the matter would have to be settled by the Supreme Ct.

In the United States, there is precedent for martial law. Several times in the course of our history, martial law of varying degrees has been declared. The most obvious and often-cited example was when President Lincoln declared martial law during the Civil War. This instance provides us with most of the rules for martial law that we would use today, should the need arise.

https://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_mlaw.html

You need to scroll down quite aways to get to the section concerning martial law...the requirements etc.

Last edited:

First of all you seem not to understand what a 'coup' is ...as in.......Coup d’éta also called Coup, is the sudden, overthrow of an existing government by a small group. In many cases it is violent.

What we are now witnessing is something never seen before in this nation....a group of democrats aided by some in the intelligence community and the msm is attempting to orchestrate the overthrow of President Trump....in essence a 'coup'...so far not violent though many supporters of this attempt to overthrow Trump have committed violence against some Trump Supporters....most notably antifa.

Now if Trump felt he needed dictatorial power...he would need to declare martial law....and since by Law he is the commander-in-chief the military would be legally obligated to follow his orders.

Of course at this point Trump has no desire to declare martial law...but if the democrats manage to stir up an insurrection with the help of the msm...then martial law might be needed to suppress it, if the states could not handle it. Or he might just send in the national guard to take care of it. Martial Law would be a last resort.

Whether or not Congress would go along with it is another question. If not the matter would have to be settled by the Supreme Ct.

In the United States, there is precedent for martial law. Several times in the course of our history, martial law of varying degrees has been declared. The most obvious and often-cited example was when President Lincoln declared martial law during the Civil War. This instance provides us with most of the rules for martial law that we would use today, should the need arise.

https://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_mlaw.html

You need to scroll down quite aways to get to the section concerning martial law...the requirements etc.

From what it says, as long as there is a functioning Congress and a functioning Court System there cannot be a wide spread Martial Law. Now, it can be in a very limited area for a limited time giving the other branches and organizations time to react but it can't be allowed to be wide spread nor go on for any lenght time.

The chances that Rump can call a Martial Law over the entire United States for even 2 seconds is Zero. The Military knows that using the criteria laid out that the conditions for declaring wholesale martial law would not have been met. Therefore, one of the Laws that the Military MUST follow would come into play, "I will not follow an Illegal Order" comes into play. The phrase is, "I respectfully Decline to follow your Illegal Order, Sir".

Who the hell do they think they are?

Who the Hell Do They Think They Are?

What';s the matter, cupcake. Your narrative that all the Military will blindly follow your Orange God, Rump proving to be a bit troubling?

Trump has overwhelming support from the military. There are a few high ranking rougue military officers however who do wish to overthrow the people's will....as in the ruling elites realize that they cannot defeat Trump at the ballot box.

Majority Of Military Members Support Trump: Poll

Last edited:

Maybe bigfoot would, moron.

You Communists and your weird conspiracy theories....

He doesn't have to do all that. If he gets away with this Emergency Order to fund the Wall, he's already accomplished his mission.

True, that DOES cut off the stream of democrat voters.

BUT you still have the dead....

Who the hell do they think they are?

Who the Hell Do They Think They Are?

What';s the matter, cupcake. Your narrative that all the Military will blindly follow your Orange God, Rump proving to be a bit troubling?

Trump has overwhelming support from the military. There are a few high ranking rougue military officers however who do wish to overthrow the people's will....as in the ruling elites realize that they cannot defeat Trump at the ballot box.

And yet, more and more Generals speak out against him. Newsflash, it doesn't matter much what the private thinks. If you wish to bend the will of the Military, you need to influence the Generals. Right now, Rump has a terrible record with Generals and it continues to get worse. The fact that most have not spoken out before only means that they are very Professional. That same Professional manner also means that they will support the Constitution over a Rogue President who is trying to overthrow the United States of America.

Forum List

Back