Would John McCain as President Be Doing A Better Job At This Point?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LibocalypseNow, Aug 1, 2010.

1. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    With the way things are going for this nation right now,i think it's fair to ask this question. In my opinion this current President & Democrats have done everything they can to divide the nation. I think many Americans are now growing very weary of all their Race-Baiting & Class Warfare stuff. I just don't think John McCain would have divided the nation this way. I think he would have been a good leader who would have solved problems with reason & bipartisanship. His long history of service in Congress shows that he does have the ability to solve problems this way. The Democrats' Divide & Conquer strategy is laying waste to our nation. It really is a tragedy. Is having power really worth tearing our nation apart this way? Anyway,i really am interested in hearing what others think on this question. Thanks.

2. washamericom

washamericom Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,701
    the greatest waste of an american presidency in history... we could have had mccain... we got mayor mc cheese

3. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    Absolutely. With McPain WW3 would all ready be full steam ahead. Obama is too damn slow and the bankers are fucking pissed.

4. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,318
    If McCain were president, with a Democratic Congress, they'd probably be working on a comprehensive bi-partisan immigration bill of the sort McCain used to support, before the boogie-man J. D. Hayworth said Boo!!! and scared the sense out of him.

5. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,993
    All I can say is we couldn't be worse off.

6. zzzz

zzzz Just a regular American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +429
    The political animosity between Republicans and Democrats is not a result of Obama becoming President. The animosity (always present when there are parties) became more acidic during the later part if the Reagan years as the Democrats became unsettled by Reagan’s popular reign. When Bush the first continued Reagan’s policies that animosity grew. When Clinton came into power, the Democrats felt empowered and partisanship disappeared. Then the new century dawned with a disputed election that both sides claimed victory and set the stage for what we have today. The depth of the animosity is such that the only way to regain partisanship is to replace the officials in office. But that is too simplistic because the people feel that animosity too. It might be that this generation of Americans must pass before a new generation of Americans regain common sense and work together instead of competing against each other.

7. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    In some ways better, in some worse.
    McCain's foreign policy would have been much better. His domestic policy was basically Obama-lite. He would have bent over backwards, like Bush did, to work with the Dums in Congress and gotten his ass kicked on both sides--by the GOP for sacrificing principles and by te Dums for not going far enough.
    We would not have had the stimulus or Obamacare or cap n tax. Businesses would not have felt themselves in the cross hairs all the time and the economy would be well into recovery by this point.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,201
    Basically, enough said.

9. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    Well said. Thanks.

10. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    I really don't think so. Policy wise, he is just an empty suit.

The first several months of the 0bama presidency was Pelosi and Reid trying to get 0bama to come up to the plate and lead. He couldn't be bothered.

So I think all the things we don't like about current policy would just have been moved forward six months, as Pelosi and Reid would have just run away with the ball back in January 09, rather than waiting as long as they did.