Would John McCain as President Be Doing A Better Job At This Point?

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
With the way things are going for this nation right now,i think it's fair to ask this question. In my opinion this current President & Democrats have done everything they can to divide the nation. I think many Americans are now growing very weary of all their Race-Baiting & Class Warfare stuff. I just don't think John McCain would have divided the nation this way. I think he would have been a good leader who would have solved problems with reason & bipartisanship. His long history of service in Congress shows that he does have the ability to solve problems this way. The Democrats' Divide & Conquer strategy is laying waste to our nation. It really is a tragedy. Is having power really worth tearing our nation apart this way? Anyway,i really am interested in hearing what others think on this question. Thanks.

the greatest waste of an american presidency in history... we could have had mccain... we got mayor mc cheese

If McCain were president, with a Democratic Congress, they'd probably be working on a comprehensive bi-partisan immigration bill of the sort McCain used to support, before the boogie-man J. D. Hayworth said Boo!!! and scared the sense out of him.

With the way things are going for this nation right now,i think it's fair to ask this question. In my opinion this current President & Democrats have done everything they can to divide the nation. I think many Americans are now growing very weary of all their Race-Baiting & Class Warfare stuff. I just don't think John McCain would have divided the nation this way. I think he would have been a good leader who would have solved problems with reason & bipartisanship. His long history of service in Congress shows that he does have the ability to solve problems this way. The Democrats' Divide & Conquer strategy is laying waste to our nation. It really is a tragedy. Is having power really worth tearing our nation apart this way? Anyway,i really am interested in hearing what others think on this question. Thanks.

All I can say is we couldn't be worse off.

The political animosity between Republicans and Democrats is not a result of Obama becoming President. The animosity (always present when there are parties) became more acidic during the later part if the Reagan years as the Democrats became unsettled by Reagan’s popular reign. When Bush the first continued Reagan’s policies that animosity grew. When Clinton came into power, the Democrats felt empowered and partisanship disappeared. Then the new century dawned with a disputed election that both sides claimed victory and set the stage for what we have today. The depth of the animosity is such that the only way to regain partisanship is to replace the officials in office. But that is too simplistic because the people feel that animosity too. It might be that this generation of Americans must pass before a new generation of Americans regain common sense and work together instead of competing against each other.

In some ways better, in some worse.
McCain's foreign policy would have been much better. His domestic policy was basically Obama-lite. He would have bent over backwards, like Bush did, to work with the Dums in Congress and gotten his ass kicked on both sides--by the GOP for sacrificing principles and by te Dums for not going far enough.
We would not have had the stimulus or Obamacare or cap n tax. Businesses would not have felt themselves in the cross hairs all the time and the economy would be well into recovery by this point.

All I can say is we couldn't be worse off.

McCain's foreign policy would have been much better. His domestic policy was basically Obama-lite. He would have bent over backwards, like Bush did, to work with the Dums in Congress and gotten his ass kicked on both sides--by the GOP for sacrificing principles and by te Dums for not going far enough.
We would not have had the stimulus or Obamacare or cap n tax. Businesses would not have felt themselves in the cross hairs all the time and the economy would be well into recovery by this point.

Basically, enough said.

Well said. Thanks.

I really don't think so. Policy wise, he is just an empty suit.

The first several months of the 0bama presidency was Pelosi and Reid trying to get 0bama to come up to the plate and lead. He couldn't be bothered.

So I think all the things we don't like about current policy would just have been moved forward six months, as Pelosi and Reid would have just run away with the ball back in January 09, rather than waiting as long as they did.

McCain didn't understand the economy that was obvious. That was and is our biggest issue. So, no we'd be far worse off.

Not only would McCain be doing a better job, I'll add that, as much as it makes me choke on bile, Hillary would be doing a better job, too.

McCain didn't understand the economy that was obvious. That was and is our biggest issue. So, no we'd be far worse off.

You clearly don't understand the economy either. The current 2.4% GDP growth during what is supposed to be a recovery and persistently high unemployment levels are caused by Obamanomics' massive increase in the size of the government. Federal spending in the post WWII era stabilized around 18%-20% of GDP. Obama has increased it to 25%, and that's just a start.

There is no way in on the goddess' green earth that McCain would have undertaken such a restructuring of our economy.

McCain's foreign policy would have been much better.

Why? What did McCain plan to do that would be different?

SPECIFICALLY.

It's what he wouldn't have done. McCain would not have massively increased the debt and deficit with:

- $800B plus Stimulate Government Jobs program
- ObamaCare
- Financial "Make Too Big Too Fail A Feature" Reform bill
- Letting the Bush Tax Cuts lapse under the current poor economic conditions

He would have been an extension of Bush. I really don't see how he would have made things any better.

He'd have just let the economy try and steer itself back to health. It needed more than that after 8 long years of an incompetent administration.

McCain would be using a more common-sense approach but the media would make it appear like things are worse then they really are.

So we'd be in better shape but feel worse about it.....as opposed to being in worse shape now but not knowing what's going on cuz the media and the White House are doing their best to cover it up.

Phil Gramm would be running the economy, hes the guy who gave us Gramm Leach Bilely.

He fucked this country big time and then took a job with UBS bank

Jamie Gorelick fucked up the country big time and then milked the taxpayers for bonuses at Fannie Mae. Rahm Emmanuel did the same. Obama's new OMB director received a huge bonus from Citibank after it was bailed out.

And then there is the noxious stew of Dodd, Frankel, Rangel et all in Congress.

Glass houses, dearie.

Forum List

Back