Would John McCain as President Be Doing A Better Job At This Point?

McCain would not have passed "yet another" massive entitlement. Obamacare is the death of this country.

We have a debt and spending problem. Period. We do not, repeat, do NOT have an income problem. Obama is drunk on spending when what we really need is austerity. He is an economic illiterate.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
With the way things are going for this nation right now,i think it's fair to ask this question. In my opinion this current President & Democrats have done everything they can to divide the nation. I think many Americans are now growing very weary of all their Race-Baiting & Class Warfare stuff. I just don't think John McCain would have divided the nation this way. I think he would have been a good leader who would have solved problems with reason & bipartisanship. His long history of service in Congress shows that he does have the ability to solve problems this way. The Democrats' Divide & Conquer strategy is laying waste to our nation. It really is a tragedy. Is having power really worth tearing our nation apart this way? Anyway,i really am interested in hearing what others think on this question. Thanks.
Only slightly. I consider him to be Democrat Light.

I think McCain would be in the same boat as Reagan was during his second term. Reagan had to deal with a Democrat-controlled House but enjoyed a Republican-controlled Senate for most of his term until the Democrats regained full control of Congress in 1986. That being said, Pelosi would probably still be the Speaker and Reid would still be the Senate Majority Leader. I think that McCain would probably have killed the Healthcare Bill because Congress would not have had enough votes to override the veto. But I think we would still have a spend-happy Congress and the media would probably portray McCain as standing in the way of progress with his constant fighting against Congress.

Rule of thumb I subscribe to is that you look to Congress when it comes to domestic issues and the White House when it comes to foreign policy. So I think the economy would probably still be floundering due to a Democrat-controlled Congress unwilling to pass tax cuts necessary to stimulate growth. I think we would still have combat troops in Iraq but perhaps more aggressive military operations on the ground. Either way, there would still be a strong anti-war voice that would force McCain to find ways to end our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan. Could be that a Democrat-controlled Congress would force the issue simply by cutting off defense funding just as the Democrats did to Nixon in 1974.

I think that the mid-term elections will be all about gridlocking Congress and not necessarily swinging over to the "conservative" agenda.

McCain would have been better, he's certainly not an ideologue, just look at his stance on immigration with the primary for Senate.

I don't like him, but yes, he would have been better. So would have been, Hillary.

hamburgler and mayor mcCheese would be doing a better job, with mcCain, more peace and prosperity, there's the beef

McCain would have had a massive heart attack as soon as he realized how deep the economic hole was, that his Bush buddy dug. President Palin would still be having aides trying to teach her economics 101, as the nation fell into the abyss of a full depression cycle.

I must confess, for the record; I wrote in Ron Paul, yea I know, but I felt I had no choice.

McCain going back on his torture stance was the final straw among several straws. Not that I oppose torture, like abortion, it think it should be; safe legal rare and by exec. order only, but he was opposed all along on principal, at least that's what hes said for several years, ( and he has some experience in that era, hello) , so when he threw in his hat on that, that told me he had no principal(s) which he would not overthrow for the sake of political expediency .....I just couldn't do it.

Obama was to cool for school, a total all front hustler and construct of the media.

I don't think things would be any much better frankly. I do think he would have been more bus. friendly but then he would have, I believe went for the spending too, to split the baby so as to retain his maverick image and yet play ball, with a DEMOCRATIC congress.....we would not have Obamacare though and that's a biggey though.

Yea i think McCain would have implemented some of these same disastrous spending policies we're seeing now but they probably wouldn't have been as extreme & catastrophic. He also would have probably made at least some token efforts at curbing spending as well. The biggest factor for me in deciding is that i don't think McCain would have divided the nation like this President and Democrats have. The Democrats have worked so hard on turning American against American with their endless Race-Baiting and Class Warfare. It really is a Divide & Conquer strategy for them. This strategy has been awful for our nation. I really think McCain would have worked in a more bi-partisan fashion and without all the divisive stuff. He does have a history of doing that. The Race-Baiting and Class Warfare stuff is just so tired and lame. McCain wouldn't have engaged in that. For that reason i'm gonna have to say Yes. McCain would be doing a better job at this point.

With the way things are going for this nation right now,i think it's fair to ask this question. In my opinion this current President & Democrats have done everything they can to divide the nation. I think many Americans are now growing very weary of all their Race-Baiting & Class Warfare stuff. I just don't think John McCain would have divided the nation this way. I think he would have been a good leader who would have solved problems with reason & bipartisanship. His long history of service in Congress shows that he does have the ability to solve problems this way. The Democrats' Divide & Conquer strategy is laying waste to our nation. It really is a tragedy. Is having power really worth tearing our nation apart this way? Anyway,i really am interested in hearing what others think on this question. Thanks.

Let's look at this realistically: If McCain had won the Democrats would be using rhetoric and the MSM to divide this country. Sure..we wouldn't be in debt as much because he wouldn't have signed a health care bill or even a stimulus package. But even if the economy had improved the media would have made the economy look in worse shape then it really is. Right now they're trying to make the economy look better then it is. The end result is we would have been a bit better off but felt worse about it.

Let's look at this realistically: If McCain had won the Democrats would be using rhetoric and the MSM to divide this country. Sure..we wouldn't be in debt as much because he wouldn't have signed a health care bill or even a stimulus package. But even if the economy had improved the media would have made the economy look in worse shape then it really is. Right now they're trying to make the economy look better then it is. The end result is we would have been a bit better off but felt worse about it.

Can't argue with you on your assessment. Our MSM is thoroughly corrupt and in the Democrats' pocket. This has been true for several decades. You nailed that for sure. They would be undermining the Republican President right now while cheerleading for the Democratic Congress. We've already seen them do this many times in the past. Right now they're obviously continuing to prop up this Democratic President. Nothing surprising there. I'm sure if there were a Republican President in there right now,the spin would be very very different. I'm not as discouraged as i used to be about the corrupt MSM though. I think most Americans know the MSM is in bed with the Democrats and that's why the Democrats can't always win elections. The people know the Media game is rigged. So things aren't as bad as they used to be. You did nail things though. Thanks.

Last edited:
McCain would have had a massive heart attack as soon as he realized how deep the economic hole was, that his Bush buddy dug. President Palin would still be having aides trying to teach her economics 101, as the nation fell into the abyss of a full depression cycle.

you should apply to be obama's poet laureate... good stuff dreamcatcher

No.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back