Would-be killers target gun-free zones

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
This is an excellent article and points out the obvious; gun free zones are wacko magnets.
*************************************************************************************************
But gun-control advocates face a couple of problems.

First, the law that President Obama and other Democrats keep pushing wouldn’t have stopped Thursday’s shooting at Umpqua Community College in Oregon, where expanded background checks have been in place since August. It wouldn’t have stopped any of the other mass public shootings during Obama’s presidency.

Second, virtually all mass public shootings take place in gun-free zones, and Thursday’s attack was no exception. If the media more regularly reported when a shooting occurs in a gun-free zone, more people would realize that gun-control laws don’t deter criminals who are looking for select targets where people can’t fight back. More Americans would come to feel that gun ownership makes them safer.....

Mark Kelly, founder of the gun-control group Americans for Responsible Solutions, was asked on CNN last Sunday about the Oregon college being a gun-free zone that “might attract bad guys.”

Kelly claimed that less than 15 percent of mass shootings have occurred in a gun-free zone. But Kelly was relying on a study sponsored by anti-gun advocate Michael Bloomberg that based its numbers on whether newspaper articles mentioned if a shooting occurred in a gun-free zone. That isn’t very useful. The media haven’t cared about this fact. Determining a more precise number requires a lot more research.

What motivates mass public shootings is also quite different than gang fights, but Bloomberg’s study mixes the two together.

Since at least 1950, all but two public mass shootings in America have taken place where general citizens are banned from carrying guns. In Europe, there have been no exceptions. Every mass public shooting has occurred in a gun-free zone. And Europe is no stranger to mass shootings. It has been host to three of the six worst K-12 school shootings and by far the worst mass public shooting perpetrated by a single individual.

Still, Kelly said, “There’s no indication from other — from another study that any shooter intentionally went to a gun-free zone.”

Kelly might be surprised to learn that killers have frequently talked about their desire to attack where guns are banned. The suspect in the Charleston, S.C., shootings in June originally aimed to attack the College of Charleston. He chose a church instead because the college had armed guards.

Read more at Would-be killers target gun-free zones

I ignore those "No Gun" signs. I even carried when visiting the offices of a local law firm. Fuck that shit, who's going to know. And who's going to thank me if the need be? :dunno:

I ignore those "No Gun" signs. I even carried when visiting the offices of a local law firm. Fuck that shit, who's going to know. And who's going to thank me if the need be? :dunno:

Well, I guess the people that know who you are will know? No?

No one outside of immediate family. And even they occasionally ask me if I'm packing.

I had a meeting with my banker a while back, and the "No Guns" sticker was absent their front door.

So I showed him my permit and said "you should be careful who you let into this bank".

He said they used to ban guns, but the new CEO had the signs removed.

We will soon have over 100,000 Syrian refugees inundating our homeland.

I seriously suggest that each and every one of you carry a firearm. Licensed or not.

No one outside of immediate family. And even they occasionally ask me if I'm packing.

I had a meeting with my banker a while back, and the "No Guns" sticker was absent their front door.

So I showed him my permit and said "you should be careful who you let into this bank".

He said they used to ban guns, but the new CEO had the signs removed.

We will soon have over 100,000 Syrian refugees inundating our homeland.

I seriously suggest that each and every one of you carry a firearm. Licensed or not.

I totally agree on the 'refugee' thing. We are about to have open partisan war here in the US and it will be largely due to Obamy letting in these 200k Syrians.

They couldn't even vet the Syrian groups that they trained and armed, with ISIS fooling them and getting much training and equipment to the point where many think our government deliberately created ISIS in order to justify more war expenditures. How are they going to vet 200,000 individual Syrians?

This is an excellent article and points out the obvious; gun free zones are wacko magnets.
*************************************************************************************************

First, the law that President Obama and other Democrats keep pushing wouldn’t have stopped Thursday’s shooting at Umpqua Community College in Oregon, where expanded background checks have been in place since August. It wouldn’t have stopped any of the other mass public shootings during Obama’s presidency.

Second, virtually all mass public shootings take place in gun-free zones, and Thursday’s attack was no exception. If the media more regularly reported when a shooting occurs in a gun-free zone, more people would realize that gun-control laws don’t deter criminals who are looking for select targets where people can’t fight back. More Americans would come to feel that gun ownership makes them safer.....

Mark Kelly, founder of the gun-control group Americans for Responsible Solutions, was asked on CNN last Sunday about the Oregon college being a gun-free zone that “might attract bad guys.”

Kelly claimed that less than 15 percent of mass shootings have occurred in a gun-free zone. But Kelly was relying on a study sponsored by anti-gun advocate Michael Bloomberg that based its numbers on whether newspaper articles mentioned if a shooting occurred in a gun-free zone. That isn’t very useful. The media haven’t cared about this fact. Determining a more precise number requires a lot more research.

What motivates mass public shootings is also quite different than gang fights, but Bloomberg’s study mixes the two together.

Since at least 1950, all but two public mass shootings in America have taken place where general citizens are banned from carrying guns. In Europe, there have been no exceptions. Every mass public shooting has occurred in a gun-free zone. And Europe is no stranger to mass shootings. It has been host to three of the six worst K-12 school shootings and by far the worst mass public shooting perpetrated by a single individual.

Still, Kelly said, “There’s no indication from other — from another study that any shooter intentionally went to a gun-free zone.”

Kelly might be surprised to learn that killers have frequently talked about their desire to attack where guns are banned. The suspect in the Charleston, S.C., shootings in June originally aimed to attack the College of Charleston. He chose a church instead because the college had armed guards.

What about the Colorado school years ago, Columbine? Back then there were no cops or guards on duty at schools. That lunatic brought a gun to school and knew full well there'd be no repercussions. People who have a bent for killing others aren't concerned with the consequences. A local shooting in a high school about a year ago involved a high achieving young man who was the football quarterback that was dumped by his girlfriend, entered the school's cafeteria and blew about a dozen kids away including the girlfriend and then himself. Nut cases are part of society, unfortunately, and one never can predict when they're likely to go off. Best be prepared rather than dead if the need presents itself to defend one's self.

All gun-free schools should post a giant plastic cock(6 feet tall) at the front door. Each class room should also have one by the door. This would make the shooter a faggot and most of these shooters wouldn't want to be remembered as one.

So that would stop school shootings.

That is one solution.

The risk of myself getting busted for inappropriately harboring a concealed loaded handgun pales in comparison to the carnage that might could result from the hundreds of thousands of soon to be "Americanized" foreigners who wish death to my Nation.

I will not surrender my Nation out of fear, threat, or coercion. Obama has placed all three of those at our feet and he is taunting us. Challenging us, daring us.

Obama has opened the floodgates to hell.

All gun-free schools should post a giant plastic cock(6 feet tall) at the front door. Each class room should also have one by the door. This would make the shooter a faggot and most of these shooters wouldn't want to be remembered as one.

So that would stop school shootings.

That is one solution.

Or put a big vagina around their entryways so they wont want to be remembered as big *****, lol.

The risk of myself getting busted for inappropriately harboring a concealed loaded handgun pales in comparison to the carnage that might could result from the hundreds of thousands of soon to be "Americanized" foreigners who wish death to my Nation.

I will not surrender my Nation out of fear, threat, or coercion. Obama has placed all three of those at our feet and he is taunting us. Challenging us, daring us.

Obama has opened the floodgates to hell.

Obamy has opened a number of doors to Hell, my friend though that one might be the biggest one, I doubt we will know the full scope of his subversion of our national security for another 20 years.

Unarmed victims are the easiest of targets...most Every mass shooting has that in common.

Pretty every mass shooter agrees... Even the dumbest of them.

Unarmed victims are the easiest of targets...most Every mass shooting has that in common.

Unarmed victims have no choice but to await their fate. Both the church gunman and the school gunman took the time to engage their victims in conversation. Some begged for mercy at the behest of their executioner, only to be summarily killed.

The so-called "gun laws" espoused by Liberals only empower the insane and weaken the victim.

The libtard idiocy is clear enough when you realize that the wealthiest libtards use armed guards and the WH keeps armed Secret Service agents, usually sober and not whoring themselves, to defend Obamy in case some nutty libtard decides he wants to be famous for fifteen minutes again.

If The Presidents two daughters have SS guards at their school, why is it BETTER for the rest of Americas children to have ZERO protection?

If they are planning a mass murder, they are mentally ill.

Please explain how they get guns.

the shooters seek out gun free zones

holmes did according to his writings

Forum List

Back