Would anyone join this religion?

The OP should read the Old Testament. It is filled with sexism, violence and anti-scientific garbage.

Yes Islam is a joke (obviously), but the Bible is filled with immoral, socially backward, pre-modern nonsense.

Then leave this thread and go start an anti-Christian thread.

What if a new religion was going to be started today. It was brand new and one of the laws said you can beat your wife and rape her if you want. It also says non-believers can be sold into slavery. The founder was a murdering conquer who had several child brides. Women had to be covered or they can be publicly stoned. Would you join this religion?
You just described multiple religions. But good question why would anyone want to be part of that?

Most people throw out the icky parts of their religion. They like the nice parts. Perhaps that is a good thing that we all have some common sense.

The problem is we don't all have common sense.
Exactly. Too many people want to impose their religious beliefs on others instead of minding their own business.

Those people are called "Muslims."

What if a new religion was going to be started today. It was brand new and one of the laws said you can beat your wife and rape her if you want. It also says non-believers can be sold into slavery. The founder was a murdering conquer who had several child brides. Women had to be covered or they can be publicly stoned. Would you join this religion?

Would you join a religion that commanded you to turn your other cheek to an enemy who struck you?

The OP should read the Old Testament. It is filled with sexism, violence and anti-scientific garbage.

Yes Islam is a joke (obviously), but the Bible is filled with immoral, socially backward, pre-modern nonsense.

True, the Old Testament is full of that stuff, but Christianity is based mostly on the New Testament.

Too many people want to impose their religious beliefs on others instead of minding their own business.

Is that what this thread is about? No. You don't want to talk about that.
What do you want to talk about? Islam? Yes it is stupid. It also shares most of the same beliefs as the other Abrahamic religions.

True, the Old Testament is full of that stuff, but Christianity is based mostly on the New Testament.
Not in the U.S.

Not in the U.S.

Especially in the U.S.
I wish.

You just described multiple religions. But good question why would anyone want to be part of that?

Most people throw out the icky parts of their religion. They like the nice parts. Perhaps that is a good thing that we all have some common sense.

Exactly. Too many people want to impose their religious beliefs on others instead of minding their own business.

Could you post a thread or post number on here where any Christian has made an attempt to force his/her religious views upon you? I will await your honest response to prove your accusation.

Could you post a thread or post number on here where any Christian has made an attempt to force his/her religious views upon you? I will await your honest response to prove your accusation.
Could you post a thread or post number on here where any Muslim has made and attempt to force his/her religious views upon you? I can find countless posts of Christians condemning gay people, birth control, evolution, minorities, education, science... I can find posts of them advocating genocide, murder... I can find links to Christians trying to pass legislation to impose their religious beliefs on others...

What would you like?

Could you post a thread or post number on here where any Muslim has made and attempt to force his/her religious views upon you? I can find countless posts of Christians condemning gay people, birth control, evolution, minorities, education, science... I can find posts of them advocating genocide, murder... I can find links to Christians trying to pass legislation to impose their religious beliefs on others...

What would you like?

Paris, San Bernadino, 9/11, ISIS. Those are examples of Muslims using force on people to convert them to Islam.

What would you like?

Paris, San Bernadino, 9/11, ISIS. Those are examples of Muslims using force on people to convert them to Islam.

No those are examples of terrorists trying to make you terrified of them. And it seems like they've defeated you.

What would you like?

What did I ask you to post? I asked you to post a thread or post number where you can prove that a Christian attempted to impose his/her view upon you. It was a simple enough request. I did not ask for generalities. I asked for you to show one where a Christian attempted to impose his/her views upon you. I am still waiting. I have made no such statement concerning Muslims, atheists, or anyone attempting to impose their views upon me. You did, however. Now post your proof.

What would you like?

What did I ask you to post? I asked you to post a thread or post number where you can prove that a Christian attempted to impose his/her view upon you. It was a simple enough request. I did not ask for generalities. I asked for you to show one where a Christian attempted to impose his/her views upon you. I am still waiting.
On a message board? Wtf are you talking about? Posts where a Christian threatened someone?

What would you like?

What did I ask you to post? I asked you to post a thread or post number where you can prove that a Christian attempted to impose his/her view upon you. It was a simple enough request. I did not ask for generalities. I asked for you to show one where a Christian attempted to impose his/her views upon you. I am still waiting.
On a message board? Wtf are you talking about? Posts where a Christian threatened someone?

Now you are resorting to stupid. I said nothing about any threat. I simply said to post where a Christian attempted to impose his/her views upon you. You refuse to do so because such a post is non-existent.

Forum List

Back