Would Any Moderates like to Discuss How the Democrats Can Return to Being a National Party Again?

Had Bernie ran against Trump, I do believe the outcome would have been different, yet the DNC succumbed to Hillary and her underhanded ways of trying to tilt the system her way, which bastardized the process..
I agree, though Bernie needs to revise his Identity Politics mantra.

But over all it doesnt look like too many people are interested in such a reasonable thread, so maybe I will just do PMs.

I say again, the Democrats only lost because Hillary Clinton got stuck with the 'free trade' label.

Trump did use racist speech, but ....

So saying that illegal immigrants from Mexico are rapists is racism? How is that when Mexicans are not a race?

This kind of nonsensical verbiage is a huge part of why so many workers now simply dismiss the Democrats as representing their interests any more.

You guys slam Trump for what he said about illegals, though entirely true, bu have nothing to say about leftists that advocate the eradication of whites entirely. WTF!

Carter more charismatic than Ford, Reagan more charismatic than Carter and Mondale, Bush more charismatic than Dukakis, Clinton more charismatic than Bush and Dole, GW Bush more charismatic than Gore and Kerry,
Obama far more charismatic than McCain and Romney,

and Trump more charismatic than Hillary Clinton.

A 100% indicator for forty years.
No, that is a tautology with you defining who is "more charismatic" by who wins the election, roflmao.

Which ones do you disagree with?

G W Bush was not more charismatic than Kerry and/or Gore.

I think it can be done, but I would like to find a group of rational moderates to engage in said discussion, absent the usual trolls and bomb throwers.

Anyone interested? (conservatives as well)

I'll check back in a couple of hours to see if there are any takers.

Calling republicans racists.....oh wait that didnt work......they got nothing else.

Carter more charismatic than Ford, Reagan more charismatic than Carter and Mondale, Bush more charismatic than Dukakis, Clinton more charismatic than Bush and Dole, GW Bush more charismatic than Gore and Kerry,

No, that is a tautology with you defining who is "more charismatic" by who wins the election, roflmao.

Of course he was.

This is a sample of the kind of racist shit that Democrats have no comment on or actually openly defend.

advocates of racial genocide
Abolish the White Race

The goal of abolishing the white race is on its face so desirable that some may find it hard to believe that it could incur any opposition other than from committed white supremacists.

condescending anti-white racism
Ten Things White People Need To Quit Saying | The Huffington Post

If any of this offends you as a white person, I ask simply that you sit with that discomfort for a while. Really feel it. Now imagine that your distress weren’t the temporary consequence of reading an article, but rather the permanent consequence of living in your own skin.

Advocating the end of white men to save the world
White men must be stopped: The very future of mankind depends on it

The future of life on the planet depends on bringing the 500-year rampage of the white man to a halt. For five centuries his ever more destructive weaponry has become far too common. His widespread and better systems of exploiting other humans and nature dominate the globe...

In many years of anti-racist work, I have discovered that whites who deny any connection to the racism of the past will also generally deny any connection to the racism of the present. “Please don’t tell me,” cry deniers of systemic white racism. One step removed is the view that we should “accept” the history but must take the good with the bad. This is sometimes known as the “warts and all” theory of history. A variation is the convenient idea that slavery was the “original sin.” Sin, of course, in the Western Christian point of view is inevitable and immutable.

This takes an especially pernicious twist when white racism deniers argue that there has always been slavery as though that itself somehow makes it justified. It’s not true that every society over all time has enslaved people. But even if it were true, the kind of slavery on which the U.S. was built is unlike any other that preceded it. It co-evolved with capitalism and it conflated slavery with “race”

advocating white genocide to protect blacks
Activist: Exterminate White People

A Raleigh activist and bookstore owner told a panel at Howard University Law School on Oct. 14 that the solution to many of the problems faced by black people is the extermination of “white people off the face of the planet.” Dr. Kamau Kambon, who taught Africana Studies 241 in the Spring 2005 semester at North Carolina State University, also said this needs to be done “because white people want to kill us.”...

Prior to his call for genocide against white people, Kambon, who owns Blacknificent Books in Raleigh, told the panel that “we are at war.” He said that white people had set up an “international plantation” for blacks, which made “every white person on earth a plantation master.” He said that, “You’re either supporting white people in their process of death, or you’re for African liberation.”

He stressed one point in particular. “White people want to kill us. I want you to understand that. They want to kill you,” he said. “They want to kill you because that is part of their plan.”

Kambon closed his remarks by urging participants and C-SPAN viewers to “get very serious and not be diverted from coming up with a solution to the problem, and the problem on the planet is white people.”

Before teaching at NCSU, Kambon was a professor of education at St. Augustine’s College in Raleigh, a historically black institution. He was given a Citizen’s Award in 1999 by the Triangle’s left-wing newspaper, The Independent Weekly. Ironically, Kambon is also an opponent of the death penalty.

Abolish the white race
RACE TRAITOR | Abolish the White Race

The white race consists of those who partake of the privileges of the white skin in this society. Its most wretched members share a status higher, in certain respects, than that of the most exalted persons excluded from it, in return for which they give their support to the system that degrades them.

The key to solving the social problems of our age is to abolish the white race. Until that task is accomplished, even partial reform will prove elusive, because white influence permeates every issue in U.S. society, whether domestic or foreign.

This is the face of what liberals in the Democratic Party today show the world on race relations and cannot understand why some whites might not vote for them? roflmao

For the Democratic Party to survive in the NOT Hispanic future,t hey have to ditch this anti-white racist nonsense.

Focus on economic issues like increasing wages for the workers, stop the identity politics and be a party for all.

Men must feel like they have a home in the democratic party.
Excellent post, Matthew.

I am glad to see you finally found your meds. :)

Of course he was.
Again, all you have is that unwarranted assertion that you can only defend with a tautological statement.

And you still dont get it.

I think it can be done, but I would like to find a group of rational moderates to engage in said discussion, absent the usual trolls and bomb throwers.

Anyone interested? (conservatives as well)

I'll check back in a couple of hours to see if there are any takers.

Yes, I know exactly how - 100% fail proof, but as a Tea Party Republican why on earth would I help those people regain power ?

Calling republicans racists.....oh wait that didnt work......they got nothing else.
From the perspective of a Republican partisan, this is a gold mine.

The Democrats just shoot themselves in the foot over and over again. They have been losing elections for the past 16 years now with the single exception of the 2008 and 2012 elections that the GOP really lost by nominating boring and wimpy moderate candidates.

But the Obama wins have masked this larger trend and now the Democrats hold only one third of state governorships, one third of state congresses, a minority in both the House and the Senate and now they have lost the Presidency as well.

But they still think that they are winners because of ballot boxing stuffing in California and Chicago.

But from the perspective of the People of the United States, we need at least TWO competitive parties.

The Democrats need some help so lets help them, folks.

They've now won more votes than the gop in six of the last seven national elections, and trump won promising not to cut medicare and soc sec, which he is going to cut.
Yeah but those votes all came from the same liberal cesspools of New York and California. An extreme example to make my point. 10 million new democrats are registered and all live in San Francisco. They all vote for Hillary next time Everything else is the same, why should those people control the rest of the country? The EC protects less populated states and they deserve a say.

Yes, I know exactly how - 100% fail proof, but as a Tea Party Republican why on earth would I help those people regain power ?

Do you seriously think that the Democrats are going to listen to anyone except their own navel gazing gurus?

No, this is just a futile exercise and I was wondering how many liberals here would even discuss the topic.

They've now won more votes than the gop in six of the last seven national elections, and trump won promising not to cut medicare and soc sec, which he is going to cut.
Yeah but those votes all came from the same liberal cesspools of New York and California. An extreme example to make my point. 10 million new democrats are registered and all live in San Francisco. They all vote for Hillary next time Everything else is the same, why should those people control the rest of the country? The EC protects less populated states and they deserve a say.
Trump won Fla, Texas and Penn - three of the most populous states.

Trump won Fla, Texas and Penn - three of the most populous states.
I suspect that "liberal cesspool" ws the operative phrase there, dude. :)

There are no moderates in the Democrat party, they are all extreme left

Agreed, but I would argue the same pattern is being seen among the Republicans. There are very few Scoop Jacksons left in the Democratic Party and Olympia Snowes in the Republican Party.

There are no moderates in the Democrat party, they are all extreme left

Agreed, but I would argue the same pattern is being seen among the Republicans. There are very few Scoop Jacksons left in the Democratic Party and Olympia Snowes in the Republican Party.

How do you think Republicans have moved to the right? I think the party has totally moved to the left

Get rid of the hate, elitism and narcissism, go back to being a party of decent people, and they'll be just fine.
And there are so many issues that Democrats could use to propel them into electoral majorities again by defending working class interests and stop the divisive hatred of white people.

1. Credit cards are coming out that have a max interest rate of around 25% in a time that the prime is at historical lows. Where the hell are the champions of the people to stop such usury?

2. Insurance companies are abusing the IME reports to deny anyone claims that are even marginally close to being invalid. The so-called "Independent Medical Examiners" are not independent by any stretch of the imagination and they are tools to allow insurance companies to fuck over their customers who have paid into these useless insurance policies for decades.

3. Force companies to respect H1-B visa regulations, and that companies attempt to hire and train Americans prior to bringing over these foreign serfs to displace American workers.

4. Tell the Social Security Administration to stop using flimsy excuses to deny Americans due benefits. Dont balance SocSecs books on the broken backs of elderly Americans.

5. Promise to get the FDA to expedite development and testing of new cures for diseases like cancer and to allow the development of anti-aging medications.

6. Off young college graduates means by which they can have their college debts forgiven, perhaps through military service or other public service.

7. Stop predatory corporate business practices that harass and loot the American public. It is like American businessmen have all become aluminium siding salesmen or something.

8. Promise that elected Senators or Representatives will work to alleviate the above problems and suffering of the American people and to hell with the corporate lobbyists.

This would be a damned good start at winning back American workers.

As if the OP has any interest...

One thing you've got to remember is that the last major success of the Democrats was 2006; after 6 years of GOP medicine; the electorate was in the mood for something else. The old saying that the back up quarterback is the most popular guy in town applies here. It's easy to look great when you continually cast yourself as the outsider powerless to do anything.

We'll see how well the public regards republicans in 2020 and 2022.

Its pretty hard to find a republican that backed Bush's great Iraqi misadventure at this point. I'm pretty sure the current POTUS-elect will have the same disavowance when we still have terrorists, still have illegals, etc... when he is looking for an exit.

Forum List

Back