Worst actors ever in TV/Movies!

="TroglocratsRdumb, post: 24378164, member: 65531"]
="Billy_Kinetta, post: 24377702, member: 42958"]
Off the top of my head -

Lou Ferrigno in HERCULES.

Hayden Christensen in the horrible STAR WARS prequels. (I forgive Jake Lloyd because he did exactly what George Lucas told him to do.)

Baldwin did suck in Red October
George Lucas ruined many fine actors with his unrealistic dialog and cartoonish characters

Alec Guinness hated his Obe Wan Keno-be character
..I thought he did fine and the dialogue was fine

Guinness hated working on the film and his chief complaint was Lucas' dialogue. He said in a since published letter that the writing was "rubbish" and was not pleased that "none of it makes my character clear or even bearable

double pay and he's complaining?
....sometimes dialogue is not the critical aspect and forces the actor to act --act better or else ....Gregory Peck was good at acting and showing ''emotion''/etc without dialogue
It's also no secret that dialogue is not Lucas' strong suit.

Off the top of my head -

Hayden Christensen in the horrible STAR WARS prequels. (I forgive Jake Lloyd because he did exactly what George Lucas told him to do.)

George Lucas ruined many fine actors with his unrealistic dialog and cartoonish characters

Guinness hated working on the film and his chief complaint was Lucas' dialogue. He said in a since published letter that the writing was "rubbish" and was not pleased that "none of it makes my character clear or even bearable

....sometimes dialogue is not the critical aspect and forces the actor to act --act better or else ....Gregory Peck was good at acting and showing ''emotion''/etc without dialogue
I am usually not a picky movie goer. If I enjoy it, I don’t care too much about a bad script or acting.
I like the Rocky movies even if critics trash them.

But Star Wars makes me cringe. The dialogue is just horrible. Wonderful special effects and product placements for Star Wars toys......but the acting and scripts are horrible

The “love scenes” between Anakin and Princess Amadala are just cringe worthy.

Off the top of my head -

I am usually not a picky movie goer. If I enjoy it, I don’t care too much about a bad script or acting.

But Star Wars makes me cringe. The dialogue is just horrible. Wonderful special effects and product placements for Star Wars toys......but the acting and scripts are horrible

the critics obviously have better taste than you

Off the top of my head -

..obviously Star Wars is great--it was a blockbuster.....movies take people away from the ''real world'' and SWars did that perfectly
....Bond movies aren't known for their dialogue--but it gets the job done....how long have they been running?

Off the top of my head -

Harrison went on to become a big star

Off the top of my head -

Star Wars had many great actors.
But they were made worse by George Lucas dialogue

Off the top of my head -

the critics obviously have better taste than you
Campy and trashy.....but fun

Off the top of my head -

Other than Luke Skywalker, Mark Hamill is best known as the Trickster on The Flash, and the voice of the Joker.

Off the top of my head -

..if one movie can ruin actors, that means all of them are crap
..1 movie can't ruin an actor/actress generally speaking

Steven Segal, Chuck Norris, Alec Baldwin, Jackie Chan, Danny Glover, Jean Claud van Damme, and Adam Sandler to name a few.

Well, this to me is one of those things where you have to qualify the data set. Worst Actors Ever? Are we really going to count the kid who played Nicholas on Eight is Enough as a terrible actor? I'm not saying he is or isn't but I am saying that you have to have a cut-off in terms of people who are known/unknown.

So keeping that in mind....

I'll give you my list of the worst 5 actors I've ever seen (just talking about acting here) of people you've heard of:

No particular order:
1. Vin Diesel. He can't act. Who cares. He's fun to watch.
2. Patrick Duffy. When you see him in some re-runs, just watch his face...he takes a breath while the other actor is talking when he gets ready to deliver his line. Sometimes you can see him even move his lips to what the other actor is saying so he knows his cue.
3. Lee Majors. Wow. As I heard someone say once, he was so wooden "I was worried he was going to get Dutch Elm Disease."
4. Chris Elliott. If you don't know who this guy is...you are not missing a thing. I would term his performances as "being funny for all the wrong reasons".
5. Steven Segal. I really can't overstate how bad an actor this guy is/was. When he was an action hero, he was fine. When he started to insist on having dialogue, he faltered and rightly so.

I should also point out that in terms of worst performances, I think that is a whole other category. Someone put John Wayne in The Conquerer on the list. Couldn't agree more although I don't think Wayne was a terrible actor in terms of what he was asked to do.

If you didn't like Paul Muni I would suggest you steer away from any movie starring Richard Dix. I like watching both but will admit the acting style of some stars back then was probably better suited for stage plays rather than film.

Travolta battleship earth
The book was good. The movie was not that bad. Perhaps reading the book gave a better understanding. The aliens were an arrogant and obnoxious people with no concern for other species. Enriching themselves while their culture decayed to self satisfaction over anything else.

Over-rated actors on my list include Humphrey Bogart, Errol Flynn, and James Cagney; never got why any of those three were popular, even as 'stars', much less as actors. Chuck Norris and Seagal weren't out to do Shakespearean drama, they did action movies to sell to those who liked action movies, same with Stallone, so they were thin on plot and dialogue, same with the Rocky movies; they were supposed to be 'B' movies. Marlon Brando was the biggest fraud I can think of, though he was accidentally 'good' in a few roles, like in The Godfather, Missouri Breaks, and One Eyed Jacks. I credit the directors for those 'successes'. His 'draw' stance in the latter was absolutely hilarious, the more so for being unintentionally funny; he thought he looked cool doing it. At least they didn't go in for the 'Hollywood holster' rig invented in the Silent Era, a plus imo.

Last edited:
If you didn't like Paul Muni I would suggest you steer away from any movie starring Richard Dix. I like watching both but will admit the acting style of some stars back then was probably better suited for stage plays rather than film.

It was the technical demands and limitations of the early sound stages and recording gear that caused that.

Forum List

Back