Worst #5 Pick in NFL Draft History......

I can't co-sign your anxiety. The Seahawks take guys all the time and switch em all over the place. JR Sweezy was a DE and NOW he is an interior Offensive lineman and not half bad at that and getting better. Red Bryant, now with another team, had his career resurrected here when he was yanked out of the D line and made a DE. Same for Michael Bennett. Richard Sherman was a WR at Stanford and now an all pro corner with the most interceptions in the NFL for the last three years. We have college QBs now RBs.. Stop panicking! Trust in the coaches to see what they see and make the most of it.

PAY attention. I don't want to PAY an interior lineman the PAY rate of a Starting Left Tackle drafted at #5. He will be PAID per that pick and be one of the top PAID OT's in the league before ever playing a snap in the NFL. In a Communist league like the NFL, with a strong salary cap you can't PAY people more than you are 100% certain they are worth.

Three best players in the draft: Leonard Williams - he is going to be a stud; Danny Shelton - Ditto, but not as good; and Kevin White - will be the next great WR!

I WANTED Dante Fowler. I would have settled for Williams. Instead we got an Offensive Guard. For the same amount of money.

What good does another receiver do you if you don't have time to throw. BTW your rushing TDs were anemic

Who said a urging about a WR? They need another DE so they can cut former Cowscum DE Jason Hatcher. They need at least one CB and another Safety. You can't live if you opponent can't score.
Time will tell. Whole lot of sure things never pan out......

I can't co-sign your anxiety. The Seahawks take guys all the time and switch em all over the place. JR Sweezy was a DE and NOW he is an interior Offensive lineman and not half bad at that and getting better. Red Bryant, now with another team, had his career resurrected here when he was yanked out of the D line and made a DE. Same for Michael Bennett. Richard Sherman was a WR at Stanford and now an all pro corner with the most interceptions in the NFL for the last three years. We have college QBs now RBs.. Stop panicking! Trust in the coaches to see what they see and make the most of it.

PAY attention. I don't want to PAY an interior lineman the PAY rate of a Starting Left Tackle drafted at #5. He will be PAID per that pick and be one of the top PAID OT's in the league before ever playing a snap in the NFL. In a Communist league like the NFL, with a strong salary cap you can't PAY people more than you are 100% certain they are worth.

Maybe so but you can't put a low ball price on having the best protection for your QB.. I agree that it was a dumbell move UNLESS the dude pans out. Big IF! Honestly though if you stick with RGIII the O-Line isn't nearly as important as a pocket QB. You may be right. You are screwed. Your team could have traded the #1 for your choice of a long list of proven players and not take any chances at all.

What you NEED is a GM that really gets on the phone and does his damned job. You don't snag a Jimmy Graham unless your GM is always on the phone and just happen to be on the phone when a team like the Saints has a brain fart.

What they need is a GM who understands how worthless the draft is as a whole (especially after #15) and ensures the team never drafts outside that window, if even then. Trade for proven players and for additional top end draft picks.

Maybe so but you can't put a low ball price on having the best protection for your QB.. I agree that it was a dumbell move UNLESS the dude pans out. Big IF! Honestly though if you stick with RGIII the O-Line isn't nearly as important as a pocket QB. You may be right. You are screwed. Your team could have traded the #1 for your choice of a long list of proven players and not take any chances at all.

There's no QB in Washington to protect. We'd be better off giving RGIII a medical buyout and bringing in a real QB to replace him.

In the salary cap era you have to low ball half your players to have a couple competent players on the roster. That's why I can't stand the cap.

Three best players in the draft: Leonard Williams - he is going to be a stud; Danny Shelton - Ditto, but not as good; and Kevin White - will be the next great WR!

I WANTED Dante Fowler. I would have settled for Williams. Instead we got an Offensive Guard. For the same amount of money.
You would have settled for Williams?!?!?!? Barring injury he will be an awesome player.

I'm suddenly wondering if Scot McCloughan knows what position these guys play. They just drafted a guy I've seen listed in every publication as a 4-3 DE prospect to be a 3-4 OLB/Rush End? Come on.

Forum List

Back