Worshipping The Evil Rich

Big Fitz wrote in part:

Are all rich people evil?

What's the sayin'? "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

Rich is not living well, not even if that is "well" by HGTV standards. "Rich" is having so much money that you simply cannot ignore it and must choose how to use your influence. Bernie Madoff was rich (and prolly still is); Ted Turner is rich; Karl Rove is rich.

Obama is not rich; neither is Glenn Beck (yet).

"Rich" is so much money, you cannot escape it even if you try.

I think one impediment to seeing what is happening more clearly is this deep American yearning to BE rich, or at least hang out with them. Look at Lost Soul; so anxious to declare himself a "success". But if you require earned income to maintain your lifestyle, you are not "rich", regardless of how well you live.

editec may be right, and the proper term is "tragedy" rather than "warfare". But we Americans are having our debates and soon, our elections, shaped by rich people we only glimpse at, while we natter on about American Muslims and other bullshit. We are not losing our environment, our jobs, our financial security, our education system to American Muslims, folks.

We are gleefully handing them to the rich in exchange for a pat on the head, for that brief moment's joy of believing we belong with them.

The wealth envy brain washing continues because it works. The left knows it and the dumb masses believe it.

It has zero to do with "envy." But speaking of code words, that's precisely what the right wing pundits want you to keep telling people so that they can escape all accountability for being the party that supports greed.

Yup I steal from my customers daily......I dont give my employees a job. I dont give them a wage to feed their families nor their bills. That vacation they take twice a year is not paid. That bonus they get at Christmas and the end of the second quarter was stolen so it never came out of my pocket. I daily look for ways to cheat my customers and employees every single day.

Its idiots like you that take a few "rich" people and lump them all together as evil.

So how about this, I will take my job, yes its my job I give to my employees and hire a bunch of illegals and you have the great govt fed and take care of you.

Lost Soul, I have bad news for you. You are not rich. You might be upper middle class, but rich?

No.
How would you know, DFC?

He provided the number for his gross sales last year. Either pay attention or GFY.

Both parties have been pandering to the needs of the superwealthy for the last 40 years.

Naturally this has come back to bite us ALL on the ass.

Now wealth is so disproportionately distributed that we're having a deflationary depression.

Now, had both parties pandered to the needs of the working classes to the same extent, we'd ALSO be in economic trouble, but one of a different type.

In that case we'd be dealing with runaway INflation.

This is so elementary, that I find it hard to understand how so many (otherwise obviously intelligent people) are missing it.

Except that inflation can usually be gotten under control with a few stopgap measures. This is going to take a loooooooooooooooooooooong time to fix.

What's the sayin'? "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

Rich is not living well, not even if that is "well" by HGTV standards. "Rich" is having so much money that you simply cannot ignore it and must choose how to use your influence. Bernie Madoff was rich (and prolly still is); Ted Turner is rich; Karl Rove is rich.

Obama is not rich; neither is Glenn Beck (yet).

"Rich" is so much money, you cannot escape it even if you try.

I think one impediment to seeing what is happening more clearly is this deep American yearning to BE rich, or at least hang out with them. Look at Lost Soul; so anxious to declare himself a "success". But if you require earned income to maintain your lifestyle, you are not "rich", regardless of how well you live.

editec may be right, and the proper term is "tragedy" rather than "warfare". But we Americans are having our debates and soon, our elections, shaped by rich people we only glimpse at, while we natter on about American Muslims and other bullshit. We are not losing our environment, our jobs, our financial security, our education system to American Muslims, folks.

We are gleefully handing them to the rich in exchange for a pat on the head, for that brief moment's joy of believing we belong with them.

The wealth envy brain washing continues because it works. The left knows it and the dumb masses believe it.

It has zero to do with "envy." But speaking of code words, that's precisely what the right wing pundits want you to keep telling people so that they can escape all accountability for being the party that supports greed.
When the possessions of another become a stumbling block for you, it's envy and it's a problem. It will inspire you to do evil things or support them being done.

Before Lucifer fell, he first envied God.

Saying that envy or morality, or ethics don't exist doesn't make it so, the same way a child covering his eyes does not make the scary things disappear.

How many "super wealthy" are there? A couple hundred? And it's ok to hate them? How about Oprah?

It disgusts me how much people worship celebrities and athletes. But that doesn't make them all bad people, now does it?

I judge people on the content of their character; not the size of their bank account. Sheez.

Its not a case of good vs evil where the working man is good and the wealthy are evil and deserve to be punished. An overwhelming number of the wealthy love this country, contribute to charity and help their local communities.
The issue is the distribution of the tax burden in this country. It is not a punishment but a determination of what constitutes a fair share. In the past thirty years the determination of a fair tax burden on the super wealthy has been decreased. The result has been an additional shift of wealth to the top 2% of the country.
Meanwhile, the middle class has seen a decrease in its standard of living and an increasing tax burden.
Nobody is advocating taking all the money from rich people. We are talking about returning 3% to the upper tax bracket. While it may be inconvenient, compared to the economic burden on the middle class, it is far from excessive
So you don't think that the top 10% paying 80% of all the taxes, and the bottom 40% getting back more than they paid in isn't fair?

Huh. I'm sorry, I just understand life on your planet.

I've asked this question before, and none of you would answer: How many of the top 2% actually wind up PAYING the top rate? I'd venture to guess none, nada, zip. The lower percentile don't have the advantage of huge writeoffs and subsidies that lower their net tax obligation.

This is what becomes of a man who steals and destroys with a suit on......

Ex-Countrywide CEO Settles With SEC For $67.5M : NPR

This is what becomes of a man who steals and destroys wearing blue jeans....

Death To Gang Members: The Feds' New Tactic : NPR

We have a class war going on in this country. Wake The Fuck Up, people. The rich are NOT your friends.

Yup I steal from my customers daily......I dont give my employees a job. I dont give them a wage to feed their families nor their bills. That vacation they take twice a year is not paid. That bonus they get at Christmas and the end of the second quarter was stolen so it never came out of my pocket. I daily look for ways to cheat my customers and employees every single day.

Its idiots like you that take a few "rich" people and lump them all together as evil.

So how about this, I will take my job, yes its my job I give to my employees and hire a bunch of illegals and you have the great govt fed and take care of you.

I worked closely with a rich man once.

I couldn't put the same hours in that he does. Every year we expected him to die from the stress. but he just thrived on it.

Henry Ford was a workaholic too. But he used to say that his greatest investment (and wealth) came from his employees whom he treated with respect and therefore living wages.

Last edited:
Unfucking real. Why is it none of you EVER mentions Alan Greenspan, that trusty economic guru, who admitted that he "didn't get it until around 2005-2006"?

Thanks for reminding me! And Ben Bernanke too.

How many of the top 2% actually wind up PAYING the top rate?

Rush clarified this issue rather well. When you are rich and have the ability to keep money from the government on principle because you KNOW how badly you're being fucked over to support lazy ingrates, you do it when you can. You hire that accounting firm to keep your cash safe from assholes who have no idea what it is to do a real job, meet a payroll, mind investments, or even how to stay in a budget.

A 50k investment to save millions is always money well spent. And you know what? They deserve to protect what the thieves in government are trying to steal for 'the sake of the children'. Yeah well, maybe if they'd stop condescending to minorities and thinking they can't make it 'without them' and get real jobs themselves, their lot in life would improve. You know who's really evil here? Bureaucrats and do-gooders who think they have the right and responsibility to steal from others to accomplish goals they feel need to be accomplished. Put your own damn money in if you feel drawn to help the poor. Quit shoving the government's gun in the face of others do do what they don't want.

That is evil, and so are those who think that way.

Its not a case of good vs evil where the working man is good and the wealthy are evil and deserve to be punished. An overwhelming number of the wealthy love this country, contribute to charity and help their local communities.
The issue is the distribution of the tax burden in this country. It is not a punishment but a determination of what constitutes a fair share. In the past thirty years the determination of a fair tax burden on the super wealthy has been decreased. The result has been an additional shift of wealth to the top 2% of the country.
Meanwhile, the middle class has seen a decrease in its standard of living and an increasing tax burden.
Nobody is advocating taking all the money from rich people. We are talking about returning 3% to the upper tax bracket. While it may be inconvenient, compared to the economic burden on the middle class, it is far from excessive
So you don't think that the top 10% paying 80% of all the taxes, and the bottom 40% getting back more than they paid in isn't fair?

Huh. I'm sorry, I just understand life on your planet.

The bottom 50% of Americans control just 2.5% of the wealth
The top 10% of Americans control 70% of the wealth

You can't get blood from a stone. The portion of the population with 70% is better able to pay an additional tax burden than those struggling to get by on 2.5%

And yet some at the top actually ALSO use the goverment's social umbrella programs, in spite of their constant criticism that "the free market should be allowed to reign, without government intervention"!!

Some 3,000 Millionaires Claim Jobless Benefits, IRS Data Show - Bloomberg
According to U.S. Internal Revenue Service data, 2,840 households reporting at least $1 million in income on their tax returns that year also collected a total of $18.6 million in jobless aid. They included 806 taxpayers with incomes over $2 million and 17 with incomes in excess of $10 million. In all, multimillionaires reported receiving $5.2 million in jobless benefits.

Fuck it all. We should just make 'being rich' illegal and not stop punishing the rich until all American's are punished equaly. These 'financial extremists' must be stopped. All companies over a certain size should be controlled by the gubmint. It's time to start the "War on Financial Terror" and invade lower Manhattan!!!! "Death to Success!!! Death to Success!!! Death to Success!!!"
C'mon everyone!!! Burn a dollar bill in protest!!!!!! [/sarcasm]

Cute. The only ones anyone wants to see 'punished' are those who pocket money made off the backs of working stiffs. What part of that don't you get?

My rich evil banker bosses just bought a couple hundred of us Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch today. Thanks to all of you that payed your credit cards late last month!!! :D

The bottom 50% of Americans control just 2.5% of the wealth
The top 10% of Americans control 70% of the wealth

You can't get blood from a stone. The portion of the population with 70% is better able to pay an additional tax burden than those struggling to get by on 2.5%
So you're saying it's fair to change the prices of a product (in this case, government) because of who someone is?

Where's the equality under the law?

Not to mention the poor in America are rich compared to most of the rest of the world. They would be middle to upper class in 70% of the other nations out there.

You already get a progressive amount of money just by using a percentage of income. If you made it a flat rate of say 13% (like Russia) without exemptions, you'd quickly see a massive increase in tax revenues because the rich won't fight so hard to keep from being robbed and hiring accountants for 30k a year to save millions. they won't lock up their money overseas to prevent having to pay taxes on it when it comes back to the country.

Your greed and avarice prevents this nation from improving. By demanding more from those you deem capable of "affording it" can also on principle, remove it from your reach.

The dangers of leftist greed, right there. All hate and envy, very little smarts because they are fucking clueless on economics.

LOL

So the right wing considers the 50% of Americans who only have 2.5% of the wealth to be greedy?

Maybe you would be happier in Russia where people are not so "greedy"
Oh what a fail at trying to falsely define the discussion.

What's pathetic is that the Russians figured out equitable taxation before we did thanks to the fuckall libs who are obscessed with what other people make and scheme their entire lives to steal it instead of trying to enrich themselves through work.

The lower 50% have no right to the money of the top 10%. when will you realize that? Probably not until you're one of the 10% which you hope to steal from someone else?

When the possessions of another become a stumbling block for you, it's envy and it's a problem. It will inspire you to do evil things or support them being done.

Saying that envy or morality, or ethics don't exist doesn't make it so, the same way a child covering his eyes does not make the scary things disappear.

Bullshit. I couldn't care less how many yachts Angelo Mozila owned.

Fuck it all. We should just make 'being rich' illegal and not stop punishing the rich until all American's are punished equaly. These 'financial extremists' must be stopped. All companies over a certain size should be controlled by the gubmint. It's time to start the "War on Financial Terror" and invade lower Manhattan!!!! "Death to Success!!! Death to Success!!! Death to Success!!!"
C'mon everyone!!! Burn a dollar bill in protest!!!!!! [/sarcasm]

Cute. The only ones anyone wants to see 'punished' are those who pocket money made off the backs of working stiffs. What part of that don't you get?
and those 'working stiffs' have work because the jobs spontaneously created themselves?

Please, tell me. where the fuck DO jobs come from?

We have a class war going on in this country. Wake The Fuck Up, people. The rich are NOT your friends.

How many jobs have you gotten from a poor man?

And why do you hate rich people?

Yep, that's Lonestar logic for ya! More code words kept alive by the rabid righties.

Bullshit. I couldn't care less how many yachts Angelo Mozila owned.
Work in a town that exists thanks to their yacht factory.

See how much you care then.

How many jobs have you gotten from a poor man?

And why do you hate rich people?

Yep, that's Lonestar logic for ya! More code words kept alive by the rabid righties.
Where do jobs come from? P-BO's stash?

How many of the top 2% actually wind up PAYING the top rate?

Rush clarified this issue rather well. When you are rich and have the ability to keep money from the government on principle because you KNOW how badly you're being fucked over to support lazy ingrates, you do it when you can. You hire that accounting firm to keep your cash safe from assholes who have no idea what it is to do a real job, meet a payroll, mind investments, or even how to stay in a budget.

A 50k investment to save millions is always money well spent. And you know what? They deserve to protect what the thieves in government are trying to steal for 'the sake of the children'. Yeah well, maybe if they'd stop condescending to minorities and thinking they can't make it 'without them' and get real jobs themselves, their lot in life would improve. You know who's really evil here? Bureaucrats and do-gooders who think they have the right and responsibility to steal from others to accomplish goals they feel need to be accomplished. Put your own damn money in if you feel drawn to help the poor. Quit shoving the government's gun in the face of others do do what they don't want.

That is evil, and so are those who think that way.

Oh wow. Rush is now an expert on economics along with everything else under the sun. Good to know. He must have been taking lessons from Glenn Beck's personal Econ 101 classes.

One thing I like about America is that there is more respect and less resentment towards thw rich than in most other places.

A saying I once heard was that in England, when the boss drove away in his expensive new car, the workers wanted to place a bomb under the car. In America, the workers wanted to be the boss in the car.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back