Worshipping The Evil Rich

P.S. Why is it ok to use the term "evil rich", when many have done nothing evil, yet it's not ok to say "evil Muslim" because many have done nothing evil? Sounds like you support the USA of Hate, Madeline. Can't have it both ways.

Wealthaphobia?

How many "super wealthy" are there? A couple hundred? And it's ok to hate them? How about Oprah?

It disgusts me how much people worship celebrities and athletes. But that doesn't make them all bad people, now does it?

I judge people on the content of their character; not the size of their bank account. Sheez.

Its not a case of good vs evil where the working man is good and the wealthy are evil and deserve to be punished. An overwhelming number of the wealthy love this country, contribute to charity and help their local communities.
The issue is the distribution of the tax burden in this country. It is not a punishment but a determination of what constitutes a fair share. In the past thirty years the determination of a fair tax burden on the super wealthy has been decreased. The result has been an additional shift of wealth to the top 2% of the country.
Meanwhile, the middle class has seen a decrease in its standard of living and an increasing tax burden.
Nobody is advocating taking all the money from rich people. We are talking about returning 3% to the upper tax bracket. While it may be inconvenient, compared to the economic burden on the middle class, it is far from excessive

P.S. Why is it ok to use the term "evil rich", when many have done nothing evil, yet it's not ok to say "evil Muslim" because many have done nothing evil? Sounds like you support the USA of Hate, Madeline. Can't have it both ways.

Wealthaphobia?

Good Question.

How many "super wealthy" are there? A couple hundred?

I don't know.

Depends on how you define "super" wealth.

Where do YOU draw the line between affluent and wealthy?

I'd say offhand, there's probabably 30,000 people whose family wealth could be described as SUPER wealth.

That's about the wealthiest 1/10th of 1% of all Americans, incidently

And it's ok to hate them?

Crusader Frank is the man you must ask about who it's okay to hate.

After all, it's his theory that people hate the rich, not mine.

Clearly he's the man to talk to about hate.

How many "super wealthy" are there? A couple hundred? And it's ok to hate them? How about Oprah?

It disgusts me how much people worship celebrities and athletes. But that doesn't make them all bad people, now does it?

I judge people on the content of their character; not the size of their bank account. Sheez.

Its not a case of good vs evil where the working man is good and the wealthy are evil and deserve to be punished. An overwhelming number of the wealthy love this country, contribute to charity and help their local communities.
The issue is the distribution of the tax burden in this country. It is not a punishment but a determination of what constitutes a fair share. In the past thirty years the determination of a fair tax burden on the super wealthy has been decreased. The result has been an additional shift of wealth to the top 2% of the country.
Meanwhile, the middle class has seen a decrease in its standard of living and an increasing tax burden.
Nobody is advocating taking all the money from rich people. We are talking about returning 3% to the upper tax bracket. While it may be inconvenient, compared to the economic burden on the middle class, it is far from excessive
So you don't think that the top 10% paying 80% of all the taxes, and the bottom 40% getting back more than they paid in isn't fair?

Huh. I'm sorry, I just understand life on your planet.

Last edited:
This is what becomes of a man who steals and destroys with a suit on......

Ex-Countrywide CEO Settles With SEC For $67.5M : NPR

This is what becomes of a man who steals and destroys wearing blue jeans....

Death To Gang Members: The Feds' New Tactic : NPR

We have a class war going on in this country. Wake The Fuck Up, people. The rich are NOT your friends.

Yup I steal from my customers daily......I dont give my employees a job. I dont give them a wage to feed their families nor their bills. That vacation they take twice a year is not paid. That bonus they get at Christmas and the end of the second quarter was stolen so it never came out of my pocket. I daily look for ways to cheat my customers and employees every single day.

Its idiots like you that take a few "rich" people and lump them all together as evil.

So how about this, I will take my job, yes its my job I give to my employees and hire a bunch of illegals and you have the great govt fed and take care of you.

I worked closely with a rich man once.

I couldn't put the same hours in that he does. Every year we expected him to die from the stress. but he just thrived on it.

We have a class war going on in this country. Wake The Fuck Up, people. The rich are NOT your friends.

The lions share of the blame for the mortgage debacle belongs to the federal government, not the fall guy Mozilo. Democrats like Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Christopher Dodd coerced the banking industry to make imprudent loans in an effort to spread the American dream to those who could not really afford homes. These politicians also received sweetheart loan deals from Mozilo, as did dozens of executives from Fannie May. It was a corrupt fellowship between the federal government and the banking industry that led to the crisis. I think its fairer to say that powerful people (not necessarily just the rich) are not your friend, and we need to be watchful of them. We should imprison people like Mozilo who cheat, and oust entrenched politicians who act like they are above the law. Join the Tea Party and let's take the country back.

Who is it that's still trying to peddle this erroneous bullshit? Try reading at least one of the myriad books and articles on this subject written by knowledgeable people who don't attempt to throw complete blame on the Democrats, and you might just learn something. It's terribly sad that after all this time, there are still people like you who believe that crap. Here's a book, straight from one of the players, until he smelled greedy Wall Street rats manipulating the system.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/product-description/0470402199/ref=dp_proddesc_0/180-0617175-3028316?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books]Amazon.com: Confessions of a Subprime Lender: An Insider's Tale of Greed, Fraud, and Ignorance (9780470402191): Richard Bitner: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]
From the Back Cover
Real Estate
One insider's rollercoaster account of the subprime implosion
Richard Bitner founded his own subprime mortgage company just as the industry took off. In five years, he watched his company grow from a tiny operation to a booming business. But something wasn't right...

As housing prices skyrocketed, Bitner watched greed and fraud overtake the industry. Eventually, he became disenchanted after foreclosing on a subprime borrower who was given a legitimate, industry-standard mortgage—a loan Bitner realized never should have been made. Seeing the ugly writing on the wall, he sold his stake in the business before the industry imploded under a mountain of bad debt.

Confessions of a Subprime Lender pulls back the curtain on the players who created the subprime disaster, including brokers, lenders, Wall Street investment firms, and rating agencies who worked the system to their advantage. From his unique perspective as a subprime lender, Bitner reveals:

Why nearly three out of every four mortgages were misleading or fraudulent

How unscrupulous brokers tricked lenders and gullible borrowers

How brokers and lenders turned unqualified applicants into "qualified borrowers"

Why Wall Street and the rating agencies are largely to blame for the collapse

And it wasn't Pelosi, Boxer(?), nor even Chris Dodd who caused the giant mess single-handedly. In fact, the only one among those three who had anything at all to do with it was Dodd. Nice try, but no cigar.

Big Fitz wrote in part:

Are all rich people evil?

What's the sayin'? "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

Rich is not living well, not even if that is "well" by HGTV standards. "Rich" is having so much money that you simply cannot ignore it and must choose how to use your influence. Bernie Madoff was rich (and prolly still is); Ted Turner is rich; Karl Rove is rich.

Obama is not rich; neither is Glenn Beck (yet).

"Rich" is so much money, you cannot escape it even if you try.

I think one impediment to seeing what is happening more clearly is this deep American yearning to BE rich, or at least hang out with them. Look at Lost Soul; so anxious to declare himself a "success". But if you require earned income to maintain your lifestyle, you are not "rich", regardless of how well you live.

editec may be right, and the proper term is "tragedy" rather than "warfare". But we Americans are having our debates and soon, our elections, shaped by rich people we only glimpse at, while we natter on about American Muslims and other bullshit. We are not losing our environment, our jobs, our financial security, our education system to American Muslims, folks.

We are gleefully handing them to the rich in exchange for a pat on the head, for that brief moment's joy of believing we belong with them.

You are so fucked up. Rich is having family and friends. Rich is enjoying life. Rich is being content with what you have. Rich is being loved. Rich is living in America. Rich is having opportunity and making use of it. and last of all Rich is being HAPPY most of the time. You are consumed with hate and jealousy. The libturds taught you that.

SO WHY DO YOU ACT SO FUCKING PISSED OFF? [You're a fucking fool, that's why. She wasn't talking about "rich" comforts.]

So you don't think that the top 10% paying 80% of all the taxes, and the bottom 40% getting back more than they paid in isn't fair?

The bottom 50% of Americans control just 2.5% of the wealth
The top 10% of Americans control 70% of the wealth

You can't get blood from a stone. The portion of the population with 70% is better able to pay an additional tax burden than those struggling to get by on 2.5%

You can't get blood from a stone. The portion of the population with 70% is better able to pay an additional tax burden than those struggling to get by on 2.5%
So you're saying it's fair to change the prices of a product (in this case, government) because of who someone is?

Where's the equality under the law?

Not to mention the poor in America are rich compared to most of the rest of the world. They would be middle to upper class in 70% of the other nations out there.

You already get a progressive amount of money just by using a percentage of income. If you made it a flat rate of say 13% (like Russia) without exemptions, you'd quickly see a massive increase in tax revenues because the rich won't fight so hard to keep from being robbed and hiring accountants for 30k a year to save millions. they won't lock up their money overseas to prevent having to pay taxes on it when it comes back to the country.

Your greed and avarice prevents this nation from improving. By demanding more from those you deem capable of "affording it" can also on principle, remove it from your reach.

The dangers of leftist greed, right there. All hate and envy, very little smarts because they are fucking clueless on economics.

Shh.... keep em in the dark, how else can we keep them focused on libruls and other such evil doers.....shhh....

'Income Inequality: Too Big to Ignore'

"During the three decades after World War II, for example, incomes in the United States rose rapidly and at about the same rate — almost 3 percent a year — for people at all income levels. America had an economically vibrant middle class. Roads and bridges were well maintained, and impressive new infrastructure was being built. People were optimistic.

By contrast, during the last three decades the economy has grown much more slowly, and our infrastructure has fallen into grave disrepair. Most troubling, all significant income growth has been concentrated at the top of the scale. The share of total income going to the top 1 percent of earners, which stood at 8.9 percent in 1976, rose to 23.5 percent by 2007, but during the same period, the average inflation-adjusted hourly wage declined by more than 7 percent."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/17/business/17view.html?src=me&ref=general

'Scrutinizing the Elite, Whether They Like It or Not'

“When we study the poor, it’s relatively easy,” said Sudhir Venkatesh, a professor of sociology at Columbia and the author of “Gang Leader for a Day” (Penguin Press, 2008). “The poor don’t have the power to say no. Elites don’t grant us interviews. They don’t let us hang out at their country clubs.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/16/your-money/16wealth.html?src=me&ref=business

" “You have to come in accepting that there will always be poor people in society and there will always be wealthy people in society, and neither of the two reached that status by their own efforts.”

That’s not the usual description of this issue. But otherwise, you risk viewing the rich as rapacious thieves or seeing the poor as lazy freeloaders.

That said, there were other academics who hewed to an older model of power dynamics. Jeffrey Winters, associate professor of political science at Northwestern University, talked of the wealthy in America in terms of oligarchy. And he advanced an argument against what he called the “income defense industry.” "

Last edited:
Maddie, I have to disagree with you on this, but the war we are going to have is not rich v. poor. Not even black v white.

It is going to be a chaotic mess based around states rights and the concept of nationalism versus internationalism.

Of course, this assumes that you won't be too hungry or sick to fight thanks to global economic collapse.

If the constitution is not a voluntary contract between the states, then you are a vassal to the national government. Most Americans don't want that and will both kill and die for that long before they kill over skin color or money.

BTW, I must say this as it relates. Do you wish to be rich some day? If you do believe that money is evil, I would suspect that you would be throwing away your possessions and money as fast as you can to become pure. The Bible says that the love of money is the root of all evil. What most people miss is that this does not mean that money itself is evil. It means if you love money and the love of this drives all you do, you will be consumed by evil, for it has become your God. On the other hand if you understand that money is a tool you can use to do what you want, for good or evil, it is not a stumbling block for you.

Are all rich people evil? I can think of a few (George Soros jumps to the front of the line) and a lot of anonymous 'little rich people' who have more means and gained them both unethically and use them immorally, but not all of them.

So, really... is this thread title the issue? The money, or how they use it?

Why do you single out George Soros? And here I thought you were for once going to say something I could agree with 100%. What about the "smartest guys in the room" at Enron? What about WorldCom's Bernard Ebbers who is still serving a 25-year sentence for orchestrating the biggest corporate fraud in the nation's history. (Frankly, Ebbers must be shitting his pants seeing what a light sentence Mozilo got.) When has George Soros done anything remotely as criminal as those guys?
Maddie, George Soros made his vast riches by currency speculation. He shorted the currencies of 6 nations the worked with political activists in those nations to destabilize their currency causing crashes in all of them. America is #7 and is about to happen. Currency crashes like the Pound did in England due to him, cause harm to millions of people. I say that's very fucking evil.

You're right about those other criminals. But you get back to the basic point I am saying. MONEY itself is not the issue. The love of money entices them to evil for they do unethical things to others to acquire it for the sake of it.

Are you saying Warren Buffet and Bill Gates are evil?

There is no such thing as too much money. There is such a thing as evil ways to get it. The economy is not a zero sum game, and one dollar made is not one dollar stolen from someone else every single time.

Growth happens through work and production of everyone involved. The money that Steve Jobs has was not stolen from elsewhere. It was created by his company and filling a need. Personal computers created whole fields of jobs from manufacturing on to sales and repair. It forced demand for resources that gave miners and other material acquisition companies work. Even gold miners profited.

I will say this. White collar criminals need MUCH more severe penalties including capital punishment for gross felonies like Madoff, Denny Heckert, Kenneth Lay and the like. THey destroyed the lives of thousands if not more.

So because Soros was a wise investor that makes him a criminal? My question was at what point did he do anything illegal, and you skated around that. Soros is the right-wing's poster boy for their blame game, let's face it. They completely ignore the other investors that were responsible for nearly devastating the entire global economy and, ironically, STILL attempt to blame Democrats, any Democrat, in order to divert blame among themselves or the people THEY support.

Former REPUBLICAN Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker wrote in 2003 in the foreword of Soros' book The Alchemy of Finance:

George Soros has made his mark as an enormously successful speculator, wise enough to largely withdraw when still way ahead of the game. The bulk of his enormous winnings is now devoted to encouraging transitional and emerging nations to become 'open societies,' open not only in the sense of freedom of commerce but—more important—tolerant of new ideas and different modes of thinking and behavior.

In our current economic crisis, I'm surprised you don't know that a falling dollar will help boost the economy.

The dollar
A weakening dollar benefits companies with foreign competitors, such as US Steel (X), as their competitors' goods become more expensive. A weakening dollar can also lead to rising interest rates, as investors require higher rates to compensate for the added currency risk. Higher interest rates, in turn, have significant consequences for the housing market and business investment in general. A strong dollar means lower oil prices, as the US purchase much of its oil abroad. As the dollar weakens oil producers charge more to protect their margins.

Of all the publications on the pros/cons of a strong dollar, this is the best one I've ever read which explains (in lay terms) why the dollar fluctuates and what would conceivably happen now if the dollar began to rise considerably. Although this history (including the demise of the British sterling as the basis for its monetary system) is from a rather religious web page, it's nonetheless factually accurate.

What's Behind the Falling Dollar? > The Good News: January/February 2008

Finally, I never attempted to place blame on wealthy people like Bill Gates or Warren Buffett who do an enormous amount of philanthropic good with millions of their own money. So I don't even know why you brought them into this. Your argument seems to be that George Soros should be singled out as being the type of investor who doesn't care how many people he hurts along the way. As a major investor of millions every day, he's certainly not the only one who thinks as he places a bet about who will get "hurt" in the process. Do any of them? When the major investors were playing with mortgages worry about whose mortgage was bundled into the securities they bought or sold? For all they knew, some of them could have belonged to their own mothers.

So you're saying it's fair to change the prices of a product (in this case, government) because of who someone is?

Where's the equality under the law?

Not to mention the poor in America are rich compared to most of the rest of the world. They would be middle to upper class in 70% of the other nations out there.

You already get a progressive amount of money just by using a percentage of income. If you made it a flat rate of say 13% (like Russia) without exemptions, you'd quickly see a massive increase in tax revenues because the rich won't fight so hard to keep from being robbed and hiring accountants for 30k a year to save millions. they won't lock up their money overseas to prevent having to pay taxes on it when it comes back to the country.

Your greed and avarice prevents this nation from improving. By demanding more from those you deem capable of "affording it" can also on principle, remove it from your reach.

The dangers of leftist greed, right there. All hate and envy, very little smarts because they are fucking clueless on economics.

LOL

So the right wing considers the 50% of Americans who only have 2.5% of the wealth to be greedy?

Maybe you would be happier in Russia where people are not so "greedy"

Fuck it all. We should just make 'being rich' illegal and not stop punishing the rich until all American's are punished equaly. These 'financial extremists' must be stopped. All companies over a certain size should be controlled by the gubmint. It's time to start the "War on Financial Terror" and invade lower Manhattan!!!! "Death to Success!!! Death to Success!!! Death to Success!!!"
C'mon everyone!!! Burn a dollar bill in protest!!!!!! [/sarcasm]

The lions share of the blame for the mortgage debacle belongs to the federal government, not the fall guy Mozilo. Democrats like Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Christopher Dodd coerced the banking industry to make imprudent loans in an effort to spread the American dream to those who could not really afford homes. These politicians also received sweetheart loan deals from Mozilo, as did dozens of executives from Fannie May. It was a corrupt fellowship between the federal government and the banking industry that led to the crisis. I think its fairer to say that powerful people (not necessarily just the rich) are not your friend, and we need to be watchful of them. We should imprison people like Mozilo who cheat, and oust entrenched politicians who act like they are above the law. Join the Tea Party and let's take the country back.
Don't forget Barney Frank, Franklin Raines, Jamie Gorelick, and little miss "We're going to socializ... err I mean regulate... your industry." whom I'm blanking on her name.

Unfucking real. Why is it none of you EVER mentions Alan Greenspan, that trusty economic guru, who admitted that he "didn't get it until around 2005-2006"? (Get it, meaning he knew the housing couldn't continue to rise, but was completely unaware of an approaching bubble.) Nope, no fault there. You betcha. Ditto no fault is ever attributed to the then SEC Chairman Christopher Cox who either didn't even understand the derivatives game that was being played right under his nose, or paid any attention to the warnings by analysts, but he is never criticized AT ALL for his part.

Petty is using font size as a basis for criticizing an argument.

Not when it takes up half a fucking page to spout her childish thoughts. Making them larger does not make them any less childish
Criticizing her method makes you no more mature. I may have shared your opinion. I may have even disagreed with how she said it, regardless of how I felt about the subject of what Willow wrote. But I had the wisdom to keep my yap shut about it.

You never criticize one of your own, no matter how ridiculous they are.

What the problem is, is that money does not grow on trees, or to be more precise, wealth is not created out of nothing.

Wealth is created through the harnessing of resources and the creation of physical items.

Unfortunately, control of resources goes to the people who have money, but the creation of wealth is done by the workers. Since the wealthy hold all the cards, they always make sure that they get a hugely disproportionate share of the money - otherwise they refuse to invest and the resources to create wealth are not harnessed.

The fact is the the wealthy are wealthy because they grossly underpay the people that do the work and create the wealth. They are theives.

We have the resources and the workers needed for a very heathy economy, but the financial secotr, which produces no wealth, but controlls all the money, fucked up royally - and everyone else is paying the price.

The Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules

Even in political campaigns.

Forum List

Back