Worshiping A New God

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors."

–Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

Says the man (you) who asks for so little out of life.
And cares not what happens upon his passing.

“The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.” Ecclesiastes 7:4

And this person is from the WorldWide Church of God is all that you need to know.

JoeB131, it is good to see you. I am thankful for the opportunity to talk to you again. While you say that the big bang was a process that occured over billions of years - even if that be true and we slow down the analogy of the watch being smashed and waiting for it to fall into perfect condition and then begin to work - it still wouldn't happen. But if I am missing your point (and I could be) then let me know.

As for your willingness to say let's say a higher power is responsible - I find that to be a very fair consideration on your part so let's do that.

Let's consider even that God created the universe and everything in it and look at your question - why would it follow that it was the God of the Jews who created it?

Because Jesus Christ came to earth born into the family of the Jews from the lineage of King David, yet before time He chose the Jews to be His people and this began with the calling of Abraham. Which is why Jesus refers to Himself in Revelation as the root of David and the offspring of David.

Jesus also tells John in Revelation 1:18 : I am he that liveth, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, Amen, and have the keys of hell and death. (Rev. 1:18)

Returning to question of God being the God of the Jews..... But was Abraham called to be God's child before circumcision or afterwards? Before - so how was Abraham justified? By Faith. By Faith Abraham left his own land not knowing...........yet he followed God because he was called of God - and so what was God doing?

He was giving us a picture of what He would desire to do when He came to earth in the flesh (the Word became flesh and dwelt among us - the Word is Jesus Christ) in order to redeem mankind - remember Joe, that the Jewish High priests, religious rulers, society didn't receive Jesus as their Messiah - some Jews did but not all which is why the Scriptures declare that His own received him not - which is a fulfillment of prophecy but by their rejection we became the election - we are the elect of God who have received Jesus Christ as our Messiah - we have been grafted in to Abraham's family while the natural branches have been broken off - yet the natural branches (Jews who have rejected Christ) can be grafted back in once the time of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

This is our opportunity now, Joe, to come in to the family of God. As you stated - this is the God of the Jews yet now because the Messiah's people rejecting Him, the door has been swung wide open to the Gentiles to receive Him and to Know Him as LORD and to receive the inheritance and blessings of Abraham.

All things have been offered to us through the Messiah Jesus Christ, Joe. It is through becoming a son and a daughter of God (through receiving Jesus Christ) that we become heirs to the throne and all that God has for us, Joe. I want you to know that the Bible is very clear that we shall judge the world, and some of us shall judge the 12 tribes of Israel. Imagine that? While you can be grafted into the family of Abraham because the natural branches were broken off (Jesus said in John 4 to the woman at the well - salvation is of the Jews) and keep in mind - no one is to boast against the natural branches for what God has broken off He is able to graft back in again - as a Believe you will also be expected to produce fruit because every branch that does not produce godly fruit will be cast into the fire. (see John 15)

So while it began with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob what He has done now is to raise up children of Abraham through His Son, Jesus Christ. And you may ask what benefit is this then - to Jews who receive Jesus as their Messiah and the answer is there are benefits in every way because it is to the Jew first and then the Gentile and we should never forget that it was the Jews who were first given the oracles of God.

Still for any Jews who reject Jesus Christ as Messiah - as the Pharisees and Saducees of His time did - they cannot enter the kingdom of heaven but will be forever pleading throughout eternity for a chance to come in - albeit too late.

That is why now is the time for you to receive Jesus Christ, Joe. Yes, you are right, that many will not believe and will be damned. Hell is enlarging its mouth every day, Joe.

Jesus even said, when he returns will He find faith on the earth?

You know, it will be like the days of Noah when only 8 people were saved from the flood and redeemed. And by some accounts scholars believe there were over 1 billion persons on the earth at the time of the flood, Joe. And today? Today look at the wide road church - they cannot enter into heaven like that, Joe. Look at the over 1,000 false cults, religions that offer an alternative path to enter heaven without Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior (and yet they have no right because God is not their father and they are not His servants) and realize that it is an affront to God to tell Him how you will serve Him and what you will believe about Him and Who He is.

You see, He told us how we must enter in. We must be born again. Jesus Christ told Nicodemus this in John Chapter 3 and it is the truth. He came to save us not to condemn us but for those who reject Him? They will remain condemned in their sins. That is to the Jew first and then to the Gentile. No man can enter the Kingdom of heaven unless he be born again. What is born of the flesh is flesh - what is born of the Spirit is spirit.

There are not many paths into heaven, Joe. All paths do not lead to heaven. All man made paths lead to only one place. Hell. There is only one narrow path which Jesus spoke of, which leads to heaven. He said, I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father except through the Son.

Jesus Christ is the One who created the universe, Joe. The Word of God declares, In the Beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life as the light of men. And the light shineth in the darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.
John 1:1-5

I believe the LORD is opening your eyes to see the truth, Joe, because I believe you were called to be His before the foundations of the earth. I could not tell you that if I didn't believe it to be true. I do believe it to be true. God has mercy on whom He will have mercy and His mercy and love towards you is very great.

Now....as I was saying about Liberals/Leftists looking for a new god to worship....

and she ignores all the arguments and just continues on with her crazy rants... that's awesome.

7. But Obama still believes he is god. Probably always did.
And he will not rest until all bend the neck and the knee to a federal religion of Liberalism/Leftism/secularism.

And she goes full metal jacket crazy.

yu40swswswyuyusw.gif
polispice :D

There is no fantasy involved.

Leftists voted, twice, for a racist and rapist.

Did you?

I didn't vote for Clinton either time. I wish I had now, as putting another Bush in the White House proved to be a fucking disaster.

BUt at least Bush didn't lie about a blowjob. He just got hundreds of thousands of people KILLED!!!! But jesus loves him some dead bodies, it's right there in the Constitution! (I'm trying to speak PC's bizarre language here.)

Of course, you have no evidence Clinton is a rapist or a racist. Please don't trot out the list of people they found dragging a $100 bill through a trailer park.

Let's consider even that God created the universe and everything in it and look at your question - why would it follow that it was the God of the Jews who created it?

Because Jesus Christ came to earth born into the family of the Jews from the lineage of King David, yet before time He chose the Jews to be His people and this began with the calling of Abraham. Which is why Jesus refers to Himself in Revelation as the root of David and the offspring of David.

Except that there's no evidence Jesus or David ever existed. Or Abraham.

I could take the same view with Shintoism, which has "Proof" that the Japanese Emperor is a descendant of the Sun Goddess Amaterasu. Any Holy figure can be "proven" by the stories in their faith, but where's the evidence? You make a fantastic claim about your Sky Pixie, so it must be true!

I won't even go into the contradictory lineages and birth details between Matthew and Luke's Gospels. (Both Gospels disagreeon where Joseph was from, or how he traced his lineage back to David).

Damaged Eagle continues to stumble. ::lol:

You hired no one.

Talk about science all you want.

How the universe started is not the OP.

I said "if" you believe either way, so it's immaterial what is your belief system. You need to read more carefully and stop assuming. For instance, only you said "Does it take a church or synagogue to worship God? I don't think so. Aren't there more names for places of religious significance there fella?" Worship is most often centered in a place of worship, a church or synagogue. They stand as relevant examples.

You keep assuming, stumbling, and bumbling, refusing to address the OP.

images

The OP is addressed every time you attack someone about their religious beliefs.
:lol: The man who personally attacks, Damaged Eagle, keeps on stumbling.

images

Stumbling, stumbling, stumbling, stumbling, etc,...

So the best you have is a monotonous repetition of the same line over and over and over and over and over ad nauseam?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Last edited:
Actually - it has been proven to be impossible, Joe. You see you can smash your Rolex watch into ten thousand pieces - throw it up in the air over and over again and it will never fall together perfectly and start ticking. It isn't going to happen no matter how many times you try it. So forget the Big Bang Hypothesis.

The two aren't really comparable. The thing is that the big bang is not throwing watch parts randomly. It was a process that occurred over billions of years.

Also, let's say that a higher power is responsible. Why does it follow that it was the Sadistic Sky Fairy of the Judeans who did it? 2/3rd of the people on earth don't beleive in Jesus. I'm reasonably sure that if we poll the rest of the universe, they are all going to be like

alien_single.en.jpg

images

Until you can answer the question of what kick started the Big Bang a miracle occurred is the most likely explanation because right now all you have is another Creation theology based on what happened scientifically afterwards.

*****CHUCKLE*****

While on the other hand I know quite a bit about science. Now since you appear to like making assumptions about people...

When did I say I was Christian?

You are taking the Funditards side, what you personally believe is irrelevant....

images

Really????? You sound like some sort of fundamentalist with your unquestioning faith in science being an end all to your beliefs even though you've admitted you know little about the subject...

So what makes you any better than a religious fundamentalist who follows his/her doctrine/dogma with unswerving devotion?

BTW your use of belittling pronouns only makes your argument the lesser in any debate on the issue.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Ahhhh, Ratt. You have to love Milton Berle.

Here's a timeless tune:

images

*****CHUCKLE*****

North Carolina Constitution, article 32, 1776: “That no person who shall deny the being of God, or the truth of the Protestant religion, or the divine authority of either the Old or New Testaments, or who shall hold religious principles incompatible with the freedom and safety of the State, shall b e capable of holding any office, or place of trust or profit, in the civil department, within this State.”

Of course all religious tests were forbidden--even at the state level--by the ratification of the federal Constitution. :rolleyes:

Article Six of the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

images

So the best you have is a monotonous repetition of the same line over and over and over and over and over ad nauseam?

*****CHUCKLE*****

That is an excellent projection. :) By your logic, you admit Satan exists and the Big Bang.

Your blogger is nitpicking. The quote is from the Treaty of Tripoli that John Adams signed and that is exactly how it is quoted by FFRF.org in the image.

So yes, John Adams agreed with that statement because he signed the Treaty.

John Adam's signature supports the Treaty's assurnce to Tripoli that the US was not a Christian nation in order so that Tripoli would negotiate with America.

Your blogger is nitpicking. The quote is from the Treaty of Tripoli that John Adams signed and that is exactly how it is quoted by FFRF.org in the image.

So yes, John Adams agreed with that statement because he signed the Treaty.
One should not read the Bible and pick and choose verses they like. One should try to understand the verses as groups, chapters, books, and as a part of the whole Bible. And one should definitively not be someone who understands the Bible and feed the others a verse here and there to fit their own agenda. This is the way of the LORD. Learn it. Live it. Take the lessons to the rest of your life.

images

*****CHUCKLE*****

That is an excellent projection. :) By your logic, you admit Satan exists and the Big Bang.

images

Where does it say that in my post that you're quoting?

Are you feeling well today? You forgot to add stumbling and you obviously are seeing things in the posts that you're quoting that are not there. Perhaps you should see a doctor... a psychologist preferably since you appear to be having delusions.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Forum List

Back