World Trade Center's North Tower on Sept. 11, 2001.

Conclusions of the Analysis
Floor sagging and inward bowing of an exterior wall were necessary but not sufficient conditions to initiate collapse. In both WTC 1 and WTC 2, significant weakening of the core due to aircraft impact damage and thermal effects was also necessary.

The National Institute of Standards and Technology considered the observed performance, evidence, and analysis results for each tower, and reached two conclusions. First, in the absence of structural and insulation damage, a conventional fire substantially similar to or less intense than the fires encountered on September 11, 2001 likely would not have led to the collapse of a WTC tower.

Second, the towers likely would not have collapsed under the combined effects of aircraft impact and the subsequent multi-floor fires encountered on September 11, 2001 if the insulation had not been widely dislodged or had been only minimally dislodged by aircraft impact.

The existing thermal insulation, had it not been stripped off in the impact, would have been sufficient to keep the steel temperatures low enough to minimize deformation. Also, the investigation team neither found nor invoked any extraordinary events, beyond the terrorist attack that damaged the structure and removed the insulation, that led to the collapse of the towers.

The difference in the time it took for each WTC tower to collapse was due primarily to the differences in structural damage, the time it took the fires to travel from the impact area across the floors and core to critical locations, and the time it took to weaken the core and exterior columns.

The structural damage to the WTC 2 core was asymmetric, including a corner core column that was severed. The damage to WTC 1 was more symmetrical; it was located in the center portion of the core and extended from the north side to the south side. The fires in WTC 2 reached the east side of the building more quickly (within 10 to 20 minutes) than the 50 to 60 minutes it took for the fires in WTC 1 to reach the south side.

Ill scale this down for you Mr. eots so you can have a suitable avy
dbag.jpg

The only realistic truthful questionable aspect of this entire event is this. Exactly why and how did building 7, which was never hit by anything at all, collapse the way it did? It's just not possible when it comes down to the laws of Physics.

Other than that, The twin towers collapsed because two planes flew into them. There is the real possibility that building 7 was an afterward, intentional, economic casualty of war. All one has to do is listen to the statements from the owner of the building, Larry Silverstein, where he ordered the demolition. About all I gotta say about that.

Now, As far as the twin towers are concerned? The Planes are the cause of why they crumbled to the ground. A plane also flew into the Pentagon as well. No you kooks, it wasn't a missle. Building 7 however, I believe is a few bottomfeeders capitalizing on the chaos of a serious catastrophe. Building 7 anyone with half a brain should seriously look at. ~BH

My opinion is not required

THE FAILURE OF THE TOWERS
At 8:46:30 the first airplane struck the north wall of World Trade Center (WTC) 1 between floors 93 and 98. About 15% of the jet fuel burned in the fireball outside the building. Another 15% burned inside the building immediately.

The rest fueled the fires that started. The overpressure from the fireball blew out many of the windows, which subsequently provided oxygen for fires. The impact damaged or severed 38 of 59 exterior columns on the north wall, and, based on the aircraft impact analysis, 9 of the 47 core columns.

The passage of the impact debris through the tower stripped the insulation from columns and floor trusses on the impact floors. Over the next 102 min., the fires moved from the north (impact) side to the south side. Eighty minutes after impact, the south wall began to bow inward. At 97 min., it reached its maximum observed displacement of 1.4 m. Just before collapse, the building section above the impact zone tilted to the south, and at 10:28:25, 102 min. after impact, WTC 1 began to collapse.

The second airplane struck the south wall of WTC 2 at 9:02:59 between floors 78 and 84. The effects of the fireball were similar to those in WTC 1. The impact damaged 32 of 59 exterior wall columns, and based on the aircraft impact analysis, 11 of 47 core columns. As in WTC 1, the passage of the impact debris stripped insulation from columns and fl oor trusses.

Unlike WTC 1, the fire moved quickly to the east side of the building, but then remained there. Within ten minutes of impact, the east wall began to bow inward. Just before collapse, the building section above the impact zone tilted to the east and south, and at 9:58:59, 56 minutes after impact, WTC 2 began to collapse.

so you support the NIST theory

The only realistic truthful questionable aspect of this entire event is this. Exactly why and how did building 7, which was never hit by anything at all, collapse the way it did? It's just not possible when it comes down to the laws of Physics.

Other than that, The twin towers collapsed because two planes flew into them. There is the real possibility that building 7 was an afterward, intentional, economic casualty of war. All one has to do is listen to the statements from the owner of the building, Larry Silverstein, where he ordered the demolition. About all I gotta say about that.

Now, As far as the twin towers are concerned? The Planes are the cause of why they crumbled to the ground. A plane also flew into the Pentagon as well. No you kooks, it wasn't a missle. Building 7 however, I believe is a few bottomfeeders capitalizing on the chaos of a serious catastrophe. Building 7 anyone with half a brain should seriously look at. ~BH
So you dont think 20 floors being cut out of the side of the building was a significant event?

My opinion is not required

THE FAILURE OF THE TOWERS
At 8:46:30 the first airplane struck the north wall of World Trade Center (WTC) 1 between floors 93 and 98. About 15% of the jet fuel burned in the fireball outside the building. Another 15% burned inside the building immediately.

The rest fueled the fires that started. The overpressure from the fireball blew out many of the windows, which subsequently provided oxygen for fires. The impact damaged or severed 38 of 59 exterior columns on the north wall, and, based on the aircraft impact analysis, 9 of the 47 core columns.

The passage of the impact debris through the tower stripped the insulation from columns and floor trusses on the impact floors. Over the next 102 min., the fires moved from the north (impact) side to the south side. Eighty minutes after impact, the south wall began to bow inward. At 97 min., it reached its maximum observed displacement of 1.4 m. Just before collapse, the building section above the impact zone tilted to the south, and at 10:28:25, 102 min. after impact, WTC 1 began to collapse.

The second airplane struck the south wall of WTC 2 at 9:02:59 between floors 78 and 84. The effects of the fireball were similar to those in WTC 1. The impact damaged 32 of 59 exterior wall columns, and based on the aircraft impact analysis, 11 of 47 core columns. As in WTC 1, the passage of the impact debris stripped insulation from columns and fl oor trusses.

Unlike WTC 1, the fire moved quickly to the east side of the building, but then remained there. Within ten minutes of impact, the east wall began to bow inward. Just before collapse, the building section above the impact zone tilted to the east and south, and at 9:58:59, 56 minutes after impact, WTC 2 began to collapse.

so you support the NIST theory

All sane people do.

So you dont think 20 floors being cut out of the side of the building was a significant event?

not according to NIST...you have heard of NIST...right ?...they determined that damage played no significant role in the collapse

not according to NIST...you have heard of NIST...right ?...they determined that damage played no significant role in the collapse

Well I have determined you are a liar and a douchbag and cant read, so It doesn't really matter what you say.

Now, As far as the twin towers are concerned? The Planes are the cause of why they crumbled to the ground. A plane also flew into the Pentagon as well. It wasn't a missle. Building 7 however, I believe is a few bottomfeeders capitalizing on the chaos of a serious catastrophe. Building 7 anyone with half a brain should seriously look at. ~BH

Fit, Fisrt of all, don't assume what the fuck I think is a " significant event ". The way it fell is without a doubt in question, but once those beams give away It could be like a dominoe effect. You and I don't know for sure bro. However, Building 7 is a much better starting point for you guys or anyone who is concerned about any fraud in connection with this incident. ~BH

Now, As far as the twin towers are concerned? The Planes are the cause of why they crumbled to the ground. A plane also flew into the Pentagon as well. It wasn't a missle. Building 7 however, I believe is a few bottomfeeders capitalizing on the chaos of a serious catastrophe. Building 7 anyone with half a brain should seriously look at. ~BH

Fit, Fisrt of all, don't assume what the fuck I think is a " significant event ". The way it fell is without a doubt in question, but once those beams give away It could be like a dominoe effect. You and I don't know for sure bro. However, Building 7 is a much better starting point for you guys or anyone who is concerned about any fraud in connection with this incident. ~BH

Exactly why and how did building 7, which was never hit by anything at all, collapse the way it did? It's just not possible when it comes down to the laws of Physics.
Where did the 20 floor high hole come from if it wasnt hit by anything?

Exactly why and how did building 7, which was never hit by anything at all, collapse the way it did? It's just not possible when it comes down to the laws of Physics.

Its like debating with a wall.... these "truthers" never get the respect those "birthers" get, so they are jealous and grasping at straws.

Well I have determined you are a liar and a douchbag and cant read, so It doesn't really matter what you say.

running away from the facts by throwing up your shit screen again I see

NIST determined that damage played no significant role in the collapse and that regardless of damage similar fire would have resulted in collapse...fact...I thought you supported the NIST theory ?

Fit, Let's discuss building 7 for now bro. ~BH

Its like debating with a wall.... these "truthers" never get the respect those "birthers" get, so they are jealous and grasping at straws.

NIST says damage played no significant role in the collapse.... idiot

Fit, Let's discuss building 7 for now bro. ~BH

First, I aint your bro.
2, building 7 is the building that had 20 floors removed from falling debris.

running away from the facts by throwing up your shit screen again I see

NIST determined that damage played no significant role in the collapse and that regardless of damage similar fire would have resulted in collapse...fact...I thought you supported the NIST theory ?

screen cap that finding and post the image.

Forum List

Back