World Cup 2006 - No Haters Please

ITALIA! ITALIA! ITALIA!

What a fantastic game. And yes...I saw the "cheaters" post.

Let's look at the stats:

Ger It

2 Shots on Goal 10
13 Shots 15
21 Fouls 19
4 Corner Kicks 12
1 Free Kicks 1
2 Offsides 11
0 Own Goals 0
2 Yellow Cards 1
0 Red Cards 0
43% Ball Possession 57%

Looks like someone dominated the stats over the other.

I'm not going to argue the point of "falling down" to get water out to all the players or to stop the opponent's flow of play. Everyone does it.

What a game..just what a game.

Forza Italia!!

no1tovote4 said:
So now it is the Cheating Bastards against either France or Portugal... Man, I hope you Frechies can do something beautiful!

I agree wholeheartedly:)

manu1959 said:
i really enjoyed watching ZZ beat the crybabies today

going to be a great final......

Same for me !

FRANCE IN FINAL !!!!!!!!! Who could have say, 3 weeks ago, that France was able to go in final of this WC ??? after a bad first round (except against Togo), France grew up, and now is very strong, physicly, mentally, with solidarity...a real team !

ZZ scores at the 33th minute, and France's defense impeach the Portuguese to scores.

The fault on Henry, giving the penalty, is not discutable, the portuguese player takes the leg of Henry to put him down and stop him.

But after, it was a real fun-movie : all the Portugal's players where falling alone to have a penalty or at least to receive the benefit of a fault.
When you look at the match, it's hilarious : some players falling without beeing touched. And then, they stand up and cry to have a penalty...

But it was a hard match, for the sensibility : Portgual played well, and fortunatly for us, France has a great defense with Sagnol, the awesome Gallas, Makélélé...
For me, in this match Portugal play better than Brazil in quarter-final.

i'm sad for Portugal, but I'm really very very very very very (etc...) very happy for FRANCE !!!

8 years after the victory of 1998, again a WC final !
And against Italy. i would prefer against Germany, but Italy is great too : it wil be a fantastic match !!!
France didn't loose against the Squadra Azzura since 1978, and defeats it in 1998 (quarter final, 4 penalty for France, 3 for Italy), and in 2000 (final of the Euro).

Italy wants it revenge, the revenge of the Euro 2000.
France wants a second World Champion title.

Sunday, in Berlin, it will be great, chaps !

ALLEZ LA FRANCE !!!

Italia Italia Italia!!

11 Goals scored by 10 different players. Going through the entire tournament without having another team score on them.

Nesta is out but he hasn't played in the last two games and they have done just fine. This is a non-issue.

Zidane has been magnificent the last two games but Italy's defense won't fall apart like Portugal did.

This is going to be an amazing match.

roomy said:
It pains me to say it,but, COME ON FRANCE!!!!

Somewhere there is an Italian football player clutching his ankle and screaming out in mock-pain as they practice for the upcoming finals... The need for realistic acting escapes the refs as they watch film of their portrayals of pain and cry for the Italian team, so put-upon, so oft injured!... Good thing they watched the tape to help prepare them for the horrible injuries that will be inflicted upon them by the French. Getting their whistles and red cards ready they prepare for the match...

no1tovote4 said:
Somewhere there is an Italian football player clutching his ankle and screaming out in mock-pain as they practice for the upcoming finals... The need for realistic acting escapes the refs as they watch film of their portrayals of pain and cry for the Italian team, so put-upon, so oft injured!... Good thing they watched the tape to help prepare them for the horrible injuries that will be inflicted upon them by the French. Getting their whistles and red cards ready they prepare for the match...

Can you believe the amount of diving the Italians did without being penalised for it?It wouldn't suprise me in the least if they somehow managed to cheat their way to win, or indeed just fix the game, like they do in the Serie A.

It was nice to see the cheating bastards humiliated again.I wonder if the oscar winning Ronaldo will last a full season in Manchester?

The thing I really dislike about soccer is the complete
dominance of scoring defence.

I sure hope the final isn't another one of those 0-0 ties
in regulation.

Be nice too if we could have at least one goal not the
result of a corner, free, or penalty kick.

I think they should widen the goal, or take some other steps
to increase the average number of goals scored by at least
two per game.

USViking said:

in regulation.

two per game.
Maybe they could pick the ball up and throw it to each other, if they manage to run over the bye line without being pushed over by a faggot in a crash helmet they could bounce the ball on the ground and get some points for it? Or they could just play football:duh3:

USViking said:

in regulation.

two per game.

France and Italia have iron defense...You can be pretty sure they will defend and attack with fast recuperation balls, in counter atack.

I hope too for the goals, the penalties after the match are a real torture !
But you know, some goals scored on free kick are simply marvellous ;)

ALLEZ LA FRANCE !!!

End of time 1-1. Henry scores from a beatiful assist from Z and Ribery.

Gilardino from an assist by Totti and Pirlo.

Italy (Del Piero, assist from Totti) scores with 10 minutes left in the second overtime.

Italy 2, France 1.

It's halftime... 1-1...

I don't think that was a penalty that got France that penatly kick. It looked like incidental contact to me...

That header shouldn't have gone so easily for Italy either. That was one easy goal for Italy.

Italy having problems with offside again... This time it really hurt them. How can they get to the finals with such poor timing?

Dang... Italy is up 3 to 1 on the penalty kicks...

I won't post this until it is over...

3 to 2...

This reminds me of a time when we did 6 Penalty phase after we had sudden death and went back again to the penalty phase.... It was awesome...

4 to 2...

4 to 3...

If Italy makes the next one they win... There would be no way for France to tie it up...

Here it comes...

Done...

Italy are the World Cup Chapions! Crap...

I will say it again!

ITALIA!! ITALIA!! ITALIA!!

Not the best WC Final I have seen but I am soooo happy Italy won.

Italy hadn't won a PK shootout in any World Cup (0-3) but I knew they would pull it out.

It's a shame that this will also be remembered as Zidane's farewell. His ejection due to that disgusting headbutt will be what many people remember about him.

I dare say that if he had been around for the PKs, it may have been a different result.

But....oh well...stupid thing to do...possibly cost them the game.

FORZA ITALIA!!!!

FORZA AZZURRI!

oh brother the Crybabies won? I didn't watch this one but did they get opposing team members ejected by crying like little sissys or did they do it legit?

:baby:

Forum List

Back