Women who carry a gun.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
What kind of holster do you like? I have been looking at some online and decided to make my own. I don't want it on my hip, nor around my waist in some form, nor clipped to my bra nor under my arm nor on my leg. I decided to make one and I have the perfect place to put it. Due to having no left breast, and having a small 38 special, I plan to make a prosthesis that will fit comfortably where my breast used to be, but it will be holding the weapon. I just haven't decided HOW to do that where it looks like a breast from the outside. And I don't want it scraping my scar tissue. So it's something I will have to plan carefully with trial and error.

In the meantime, the ones I have seen for under the left or right arm look perfect...except for the straps across the shoulders.

Which do you use and what, in your opinion, is most comfortable?

I kind like this one. I could still wear my prosthesis and it would hide the gun underneath like this one does. But..I still don't care for those straps.

Lotus%20for%20Ladies%203a.jpg

This one looks good too. My breasts are large...or rather, the one I have left and the prosthesis....which would hide the butt of the pistol if I wrapped it high enough.

belly-band-by-twaw-5in-revo-2.jpg

And..I could MAKE one of those with the ace bandage I kept after the surgery. It is very wide and heavy duty cuz it had to stay on to hold the staples as I healed. I could add a pocket.

This might work and bonus, your butt would look even more optically pleasing...:woohoo:

(cost .. 50 bucks)

shopping.jpg

Last edited:
Eh, just thought I'd add this...it's all about the butt, the butt, it's all about ....

My butt is rounded enough. But I don't really want it back there anyway. I want it on my left so I can move my right arm across to access it. The old west draw up thing hurts my shoulder. I was just thinking that since I have a flat spot on the left , it could fit there nicely but if I don't have a cover over it in some form, it will be looking weird under a tank or t-shirt.. It WOULD fit in the cup of my bra, but it would be bumpy looking. Unless I made a padded foam cover it could slide in to. The cushion in front would hide the grip bump, and a soft padding against my scar would stop the scraping. Easy reach across.

But this is just if I ever go into the bigger city and things get worse. It's a future prep thing I am thinking about.

If that doesn't work...I will go with the belly wrap. Gonna go to the gun store tomorrow and check some out to see how they attach. I looked on ebay and none say how they connect. Velcro I don't think would be safe. It could fall. (If I used the belly wrap). In my bra...it won't go anywhere. So i will have to experiment.

No ladies so far that carry. But, the thread is new and it's late. Maybe tomorrow some ladies will give me some pointers. (pun not intended, lol)

My butt is rounded enough. But I don't really want it back there anyway. I want it on my left so I can move my right arm across to access it. The old west draw up thing hurts my shoulder. I was just thinking that since I have a flat spot on the left , it could fit there nicely but if I don't have a cover over it in some form, it will be looking weird under a tank or t-shirt.. It WOULD fit in the cup of my bra, but it would be bumpy looking. Unless I made a padded foam cover it could slide in to. The cushion in front would hide the grip bump, and a soft padding against my scar would stop the scraping. Easy reach across.

But this is just if I ever go into the bigger city and things get worse. It's a future prep thing I am thinking about.

If that doesn't work...I will go with the belly wrap. Gonna go to the gun store tomorrow and check some out to see how they attach. I looked on ebay and none say how they connect. Velcro I don't think would be safe. It could fall. (If I used the belly wrap). In my bra...it won't go anywhere. So i will have to experiment.

I suppose you could get the pocket on either side but perhaps a smaller gun would do the trick. Just trying to help and have a little fun.

If you carry, carry smart for the situation that may arise

cos-09-de-49842436.jpg

also keep one in your purse and shoot trough it if you must.

theres one I cant find, it's a double holster that fits over a woman belly. Literally can't tell they are there

Do it yourself crochet prosthesis...that is a holster?
il_fullxfull.306273112.jpg

But, since I don't crochet.....

OLDANDNEWBREASTFORMS-1.jpg

And make one that is really a pocket.

If you carry, carry smart for the situation that may arise

cos-09-de-49842436.jpg

also keep one in your purse and shoot trough it if you must.

theres one I cant find, it's a double holster that fits over a woman belly. Literally can't tell they are there
I looked at that one but the middle section worries me. If my bra does not have a pocket build in especially for prosthesis, the prosthesis slides to the middle and never to the side. I have to keep adjusting cuz my fake breast winds up in the middle of my chest. I think this style would make it slide more, which would make the weapon slide with it. My 38 is small. I might be able to work that out in some way, but the 357 magnum...it wouldn't fit. Well, it would, but the barrel would be poking the hell out of the breast I have left.

I am going to get another gun. I think a 22. Small. Not sure yet. I will check them out when I go to the gun store tomorrow.

I looked at that one too, but...I don't wear jeans any more. I wear capri leggings in the summer, ankle length leggings in the winter. I guess I could tuck it in my knee high uggs during the winter. But the summer would be difficult since I go barefoot.

This is what I wear in the summer.
Michelle+Heaton+wears+Tank+Top+with+Leggings.jpg

Kinda hard to hide a gun except under the breast (mine are bigger than that, so its a nice shelf) and underneath would be the gun. OR...inside the cup on the left side.

See my dilemma?

Winter wear for me. I got the winter part taken care of. In my ugg!

Its the summer wear that I have to work on.

images

Forum List

Back