Women who carry a gun.

I didn't make it to the gun shop yet. I am in no hurry. I doubt if I would have to carry anyway since I live in a pretty decent town and there are not a lot of probs here. Yet. Still, those links JimBowie gave were great! I got some ideas from them, and will mixmatch to suit my own needs eventually.

I thought the same thing until I was faced with some pretty sketchy situations which made me reconsider. Whether you ever have to use your weapon, it's better to have it than be caught in a compromising situation without it. Once you start carrying you feel more capable of dealing with the unthinkable should it arise. Then, you feel naked without your weapon.

When I used to ride my horse in desolate canyons I would carry a gun in a holster, I wore it around my waist.

If I lived in Texas I would wear a gun around my waist for others to see I was armed.

The element of surprise makes it pointless to open carry. Nobody ever knows that I'm carrying. It's a conscience decision to conceal carry. Open carry allows the offender to catch you off guard and take your weapon away from you and use it on you.

When I used to ride my horse in desolate canyons I would carry a gun in a holster, I wore it around my waist.

If I lived in Texas I would wear a gun around my waist for others to see I was armed.

The element of surprise makes it pointless to open carry. Nobody ever knows that I'm carrying. It's a conscience decision to conceal carry. Open carry allows the offender to catch you off guard and take your weapon away from you and use it on you.

Sorry, sis.....that isn't my quote.

What kind of holster do you like? I have been looking at some online and decided to make my own. I don't want it on my hip, nor around my waist in some form, nor clipped to my bra nor under my arm nor on my leg. I decided to make one and I have the perfect place to put it. Due to having no left breast, and having a small 38 special, I plan to make a prosthesis that will fit comfortably where my breast used to be, but it will be holding the weapon. I just haven't decided HOW to do that where it looks like a breast from the outside. And I don't want it scraping my scar tissue. So it's something I will have to plan carefully with trial and error.

In the meantime, the ones I have seen for under the left or right arm look perfect...except for the straps across the shoulders.

Which do you use and what, in your opinion, is most comfortable?

I kind like this one. I could still wear my prosthesis and it would hide the gun underneath like this one does. But..I still don't care for those straps.

Lotus%20for%20Ladies%203a.jpg

I'm not a woman so I don't have the issues you do, but I use a cross draw holster.

I don't want it in my purse. I want it on my body. Purse is too easy to grab. A fanny pack, too much time to unzip and reach in. If it's next to my breast, I can subtly act all aghast with hand to throat but really reaching for my protection.

The only problem I see with "The Boob Holster" is access.
I guess as long as you wore v neck tops you'd be able to draw it.

I don't want it in my purse. I want it on my body. Purse is too easy to grab. A fanny pack, too much time to unzip and reach in. If it's next to my breast, I can subtly act all aghast with hand to throat but really reaching for my protection.

Looks like that'd work as long as you wore your shirt untucked.
I was thinking muzzle down and going in from the top.

She could do the "I'm a scared chick" with her hands clasped in front of her chest ...aaaaaaand Surprise!!!

She could do the "I'm a scared chick" with her hands clasped in front of her chest ...aaaaaaand Surprise!!!

Ding ding! Thats the plan! I don't like anything around my neck, so I cut the crewnecks off all tshirts which then makes it more of a boat neck style...with a V. I have V tshirts too, and blouses with V.I can easily reach to my left breast area and grab.
I have seen pics of women walking around with the weapon in their back pocket or in the back attached to their jeans. That is a bad place, in my opinion. Anyone can walk up and just snatch it from your back especially if it is on the outside of your jeans/waist/shirt. I want mine next to my skin with a bit of protection of my scar, but in front, for easy access but nobody knowing it's really there.
So..that is the template I plan to play with. Prosthesis breast, slit on the side, handle towards my breastbone, padding on top to make it look lke a boob.

Ding ding! Thats the plan! I don't like anything around my neck, so I cut the crewnecks off all tshirts which then makes it more of a boat neck style...with a V. I have V tshirts too, and blouses with V.I can easily reach to my left breast area and grab.
I have seen pics of women walking around with the weapon in their back pocket or in the back attached to their jeans. That is a bad place, in my opinion. Anyone can walk up and just snatch it from your back especially if it is on the outside of your jeans/waist/shirt. I want mine next to my skin with a bit of protection of my scar, but in front, for easy access but nobody knowing it's really there.
So..that is the template I plan to play with. Prosthesis breast, slit on the side, handle towards my breastbone, padding on top to make it look lke a boob.

I would try and fit an existing holster into the prosthesis.
That way all you have to do is figure out how to anchor it.

An inside pocket would hold it. I sewed many inside pockets into my bra's just for the prosthesis. No reason I can't make another one that will hold a holster.

An inside pocket would hold it. I sewed many inside pockets into my bra's just for the prosthesis. No reason I can't make another one that will hold a holster.

As long as you can anchor it firmly I dont see why it wouldnt work.

I can carry the 38 special in there with no worries. It ain't going anywhere cuz the pocket is attached to my bra, my bra is attached with straps to my chest. I cannot carry the 357 though. That thing is much bigger and heavier.

Again, this is all in the event of..."just in case".

My wife wears a shoulder holster for her Beretta 92, almost a mirror-image of the top pic. (She's left-handed.) You need shoulder straps to carry the weight. Her best friend uses a crossdraw holster, carrying a S&W Chiefs Special.

My uncle carries a Ruger Super Redhawk in a Maqui rig. There isn't much to it...it's just a loop that holds it in place at the back of his waistband. Be aware: you MUST clean the gun daily if you do this.

For protection, a .22 or .25 is useless. A .32 or a .380 is almost as bad...marginal for stopping even a big dog. Think 9mm or .38 Special, at an absolute MINIMUM, and preferably something with more steam than that.

This is what I wear in the summer.
Michelle+Heaton+wears+Tank+Top+with+Leggings.jpg

Kinda hard to hide a gun except under the breast (mine are bigger than that, so its a nice shelf) and underneath would be the gun. OR...inside the cup on the left side.

See my dilemma?

Similar to my wife's: you could use a shoulder rig if you wore something over the tank top.

You in an open-carry state?

Kinda hard to hide a gun except under the breast (mine are bigger than that, so its a nice shelf) and underneath would be the gun. OR...inside the cup on the left side.

See my dilemma?

Similar to my wife's: you could use a shoulder rig if you wore something over the tank top.

Taking that pic as a guideline you couldnt hide a deringer.

See my dilemma?

Nope. Gotta sneak. But ONLY IF. I might get the holster like your wife has. I just checked...it is NOT going to fit in my fake boob bra. It will have to go beneath.

See my dilemma?

Taking that pic as a guideline you couldnt hide a deringer.
I have big boobs. Or rather..boob. The cup for the empty side is big, albeit missing it's passenger. LOL

See my dilemma?

Nope. Gotta sneak. But ONLY IF. I might get the holster like your wife has. I just checked...it is NOT going to fit in my fake boob bra. It will have to go beneath.

I've been thinking about your boob size......:banana:
...........but not in a kinky way.
You'd have to have some serious space to hide a revolver like a .38 without discomfort on the scar tissue area. At least some large C's would be needed for padding on both sides of the holster.

Forum List

Back