Women should not be Potus according to this former lawmaker

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
A former Pennsylvania lawmaker turned conservative evangelical pastor is invoking the Bible to argue that a woman is unfit to be president.

Sam Rohrer, president of the American Pastors Network, is making the argument that Hillary Clinton is unfit to be the 45th president of the U.S. based on a biblical verse that, he believes suggests a woman should not be commander-in-chief.

"President Barack Obama has said that he's had a front-row seat to see Hillary Clinton's honesty, truth and integrity and how those qualities qualify her to be President," said Rohrer in a recent edition of the group's daily radio show "Stand in the Gap Today."

"That statement alone calls into question his own judgment, but beyond that, Christians must ask themselves what the Bible says about a nation's leaders," Rohrer said. He quoted Isaiah 3:12, which, he said, in the King James Bible notes that:

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths."

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/08/hillary_clinton_bible_presiden.html

Sam Rohrer, Author at LifeZette
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roher writes for Ingraham's site who is pro the traditional family although she has adopted 3 kids and never married. I guess her time ran out when she was too busy making millions off of her mouth. Wonder what Ingraham's opinion is of him?

Women have been causing headaches since that bitch ate the apple.
Merry Valentines day
th

Oh, look! Another Evangelical with an opinion different than Penelope's. Boo hoo.

A former Pennsylvania lawmaker turned conservative evangelical pastor is invoking the Bible to argue that a woman is unfit to be president.

Sam Rohrer, president of the American Pastors Network, is making the argument that Hillary Clinton is unfit to be the 45th president of the U.S. based on a biblical verse that, he believes suggests a woman should not be commander-in-chief.

"President Barack Obama has said that he's had a front-row seat to see Hillary Clinton's honesty, truth and integrity and how those qualities qualify her to be President," said Rohrer in a recent edition of the group's daily radio show "Stand in the Gap Today."

"That statement alone calls into question his own judgment, but beyond that, Christians must ask themselves what the Bible says about a nation's leaders," Rohrer said. He quoted Isaiah 3:12, which, he said, in the King James Bible notes that:

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roher writes for Ingraham's site who is pro the traditional family although she has adopted 3 kids and never married. I guess her time ran out when she was too busy making millions off of her mouth. Wonder what Ingraham's opinion is of him?

My god, how deep did you have to dig to find this gem?

Stand in the Gap Today?

Never heard of it.

I suspect none of us have.

What's the viewership? Couple dozen?

Just look at the OP and that right there is enough for me, never to vote for a woman president......

Grin. I think I may have one better (at least for Harry Potter followers). The character, Albus Dumbledore once remarked, “I make mistakes like the next man. In fact, being--forgive me--rather cleverer than most men, my mistakes tend to be correspondingly huger.”

Perhaps the better argument might be that since women are more clever then men, their mistakes will be correspondingly huger, and therefore perhaps we should hesitate to elect a woman President...

...until we also have a majority of women in Congress who are capable of correcting such errors. :D

Oh, look! Another Evangelical with an opinion different than Penelope's. Boo hoo.

They are crazy , since that is not even what that verse is about. Just another Evan trying to make the bible to mean what he wants it to mean.

My god, how deep did you have to dig to find this gem?

Stand in the Gap Today?

Never heard of it.

I suspect none of us have.

What's the viewership? Couple dozen?

No he was a GOP rep for many years.

They are crazy , since that is not even what that verse is about. Just another Evan trying to make the bible to mean what he wants it to mean.

Funny how these same wags suddenly jump to the other side of the patriarchy fence when the source is the Quran, innit?

Having it both ways --- Priceless.

Another shithead misogynist fundie spewing hatred and crap. What else is new? These clowns will do anything they can to drive a wedge between the sexes and ruin heterosexual relationships. These penis-worshipers need to stop thinking with their beloved genitalia, and stop making the Christian faith look ridiculous.

Another shithead misogynist fundie spewing hatred and crap. What else is new? These clowns will do anything they can to drive a wedge between the sexes and ruin heterosexual relationships. These penis-worshipers need to stop thinking with their beloved genitalia, and stop making the Christian faith look ridiculous.
How is their opinion effecting you personally? Other than causing you to foam at the mouth, that is.

You don't agree with someone's interpretation of a Bible verse. So what?

Last edited:

I'd have to agree that Hillary would not make a good president but the 'male' 'female' crap has gone on for way too long with those who lack knowledge of the spiritual and Hebrew meanings in the word of God. That type ignorance believing that females are inferior has led to women and children being treated like crap and abused throughout the ages. Now as far as traditional families goes, I am all for the families having both a male and a female parent if at all possible but that isn't always the case as humans are not perfect and sometimes things just don't work out here in the carnal world for a child can have a perfect family setting.

A woman is the Bible is a spiritual opening within the human (adam). translate hebrew to english - Google Search A preacher/teacher who heads up a pastors guild should be aware of these simple Hebrew words and if they aren't they are just spreading misinformation that merely creates more confusion 'babylonian' precepts among the masses.

Genesis 2:22 WOMAN
אִשָּׁה
woman
noun
burnt offering
אִשֶׁה
sacrifice
הַקרָבָה, קָרבָּן, זֶבַח, מִנחָה, אִשֶׁה

I'd have to agree that Hillary would not make a good president but the 'male' 'female' crap has gone on for way too long with those who lack knowledge of the spiritual and Hebrew meanings in the word of God. That type ignorance believing that females are inferior has led to women and children being treated like crap and abused throughout the ages. Now as far as traditional families goes, I am all for the families having both a male and a female parent if at all possible but that isn't always the case as humans are not perfect and sometimes things just don't work out here in the carnal world for a child can have a perfect family setting.

A woman is the Bible is a spiritual opening within the human (adam). translate hebrew to english - Google Search A preacher/teacher who heads up a pastors guild should be aware of these simple Hebrew words and if they aren't they are just spreading misinformation that merely creates more confusion 'babylonian' precepts among the masses.

אִשָּׁה
woman
noun
burnt offering
אִשֶׁה
sacrifice
And BTW folks that is your own personal sacrifice not something you make, contrive or force someone else to sacrifice. It is a personal relationship with the spirit in your self.

אִשָּׁה
woman
noun
burnt offering
אִשֶׁה
sacrifice

The translation/mistranslation is a salient point.

Dr Riffat Hassan notes the same thing in the Quran:

>> The ordinary Muslim believes, as seriously as the ordinary Jew or Christian, that Adam was God's primary creation and that Eve was made from Adam's rib. While this myth has obvious rootage in the Yahwist's account of creation in Genesis 2:18-24, it has no basis whatever in the Qur'an, which in the context of human creation speaks always in completely egalitarian terms. In none of the thirty or so passages that describe the creation of humanity (designated by generic terms such as an-nas, al-insan, and bashar) by God in a variety of ways is there any statement that could be interpreted as asserting or suggesting that man was created prior to woman or that woman was created from man. In fact, there are some passages that could from a purely grammatical/linguistic point of view—be interpreted as stating that the first creation (nafs in wahidatin) was feminine, not masculine.

The Qur'an notwithstanding, Muslims believe that Hawwa' (the Hebrew/Arabic counterpart of Eve),who incidentally is never mentioned in the Qur'an, was created from the "crooked" rib of Adam, who is believed to be the first human being created by God. Here it needs to be mentioned that the term Adam is not an Arabic term but a Hebrew one meaning 'of the soil' (from adarnah, "the soil"). The Hebrew term Adam functions generally as a collective noun referring to the human (species) rather than to a male human being.

In the Qur'an also the term Adam refers, in twenty-one cases out of twenty-five,' to humanity. Here it is of interest to note that though the term Adam mostly does not refer to a particular human being, it does refer to human beings in a particular way. <<​

How is their opinion effecting you personally? Other than causing you to foam at the mouth, that is.
This disrespectful, misogynistic crap affects all of us women as a group. It also is a concentrated effort to corrupt relationships between men and women. Remember when so many people were denying that there was no bigotry involved in their failure to vote for that Ms. Clinton? And here we have it! Open bigotry for all to hear.
Not all men worship their genitalia. The ones who do, like this moron, actually believe that their magic appendage bestows some sort of special wisdom on them, when, in reality, it so many times has bestowed absolute stupidity on its owner.

This disrespectful, misogynistic crap affects all of us women as a group. It also is a concentrated effort to corrupt relationships between men and women. Remember when so many people were denying that there was no bigotry involved in their failure to vote for that Ms. Clinton? And here we have it! Open bigotry for all to hear.
Not all men worship their genitalia. The ones who do, like this moron, actually believe that their magic appendage bestows some sort of special wisdom on them, when, in reality, it so many times has bestowed absolute stupidity on its owner.
Bah. I am a woman. I think he is wrong but his opinion does not change anything about me. Just as not all men worship their penuses, not all women feel they are part of a homogeneous group.

Frankly Lystra, you, by your own words, show yourself to be a bigot. Not every one agrees with you. Be a grown up. Deal with it. Or, to speak in your parlance, prove that in spite of your lack of appendage, you have some sense: calm the bleep down. LOL

Forum List

Back