women in the military?

women in combat roles?

• yes

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
I believe women do have a place in the military just not in combat roles. Imagine if the were to bring the draft back, and the updated draft included women. Would you have a problem with women that were drafted being placed into a combat mos? Remember they did not volunteer and maybe they maybe your daughters.

What they really want is women to advance to field commanders and beyond. So as long as they don't serve in the infantry, that will be an impossibility. No grunt wants to be led by a woman who has never been a grunt herself and no president will promote a woman to lead men in combat when she has never served in a combat role. In short, no combat experience equals no female field commanders and it's driving the Femin-Nazis wild with anger.

I suppose you don't know the difference between "ignoring the ad-hominem" and ignoring the post altogether?

The ad-hominem was the post peanut ... Keep digging, you almost have enough room to sleep it off.

I would suggest you go back and re-read the post. I simply took your ad-hominem and brought it back to the topic at hand. Are you going to continue to argue this? In short, I didn't ignore the post, just the ad-hominem. My oh my, I cannot believe the need to actualy explain this.

Once again no woman in the standard Marine Corps does the same physical fitness test as a male. They do a modified PFT. The attempt to let them join the Infantry has been an abject failure, they simply can not do the physical part required of men.

I believe women do have a place in the military just not in combat roles. Imagine if the were to bring the draft back, and the updated draft included women. Would you have a problem with women that were drafted being placed into a combat mos? Remember they did not volunteer and maybe they maybe your daughters.

What they really want is women to advance to field commanders and beyond. So as long as they don't serve in the infantry, that will be an impossibility. No grunt wants to be led by a woman who has never been a grunt herself and no president will promote a woman to lead men in combat when she has never served in a combat role. In short, no combat experience equals no female field commanders and it's driving the Femin-Nazis wild with anger.
You think women don't have combat experience right now?

Seems like those with a problem with women in the military either know little about the military or little about women.

Women are NOT qualified to fill combat arms specialties in the Army and the Marine Corps. Of course supposed rear area troops have seen combat but they are not combat specialty troops. That is why all troops get weapons training and wear ballistic gear.

Women are NOT qualified to fill combat arms specialties in the Army and the Marine Corps. Of course supposed rear area troops have seen combat but they are not combat specialty troops. That is why all troops get weapons training and wear ballistic gear.
WO4 chopper pilots?

Once again no woman in the standard Marine Corps does the same physical fitness test as a male. They do a modified PFT. The attempt to let them join the Infantry has been an abject failure, they simply can not do the physical part required of men.

Well ... Except for those who have ... And at the same requirements as their male counterparts.

Marine Corps News First female Marines graduate infantry training Marines.com
Female Marines Make History at Infantry Training Military.com

"To qualify, the females had to pass the same physical screening as male Marines."

Edit:
You may notice the first ones graduated in Nov. 2013.

Last edited:
No Woman had passed the marine Corps Infantry Officer course and only 7 made it through Infantry Training Battalion at SOI (Considerably less than those who attempted SOI). Women in infantry? Scientifically proven to be a complete wash and waste of taxpayers money.

Well then I guess we might not want to be in the infantry then ... Of course women are smart enough to know that it isn't just the infantry in combat.
Marines are especially appreciative when we show up to cover their asses from above ... Technically, I never heard a damn one of them complain.

It is about time you catch up with the times grandpa ... Because we have done left your ass behind in a foxhole.

Having done two deployments to Iraq as a Marine Corps Infantryman (We use the term "fighting hole" by the way), I can tell you with 100% accuracy that we ridiculed the idea of females in the infantry. On the other hand, we never really considered piloting an aircraft a combat role. Combat support, perhaps, but not combat. You want female fighter pilots, go ahead. Flying an aircraft does not compare to fighting on the ground. On a similar note, we were never able to get a single CAS request approved because the top brass was more concerned about civilian casualties than saving the lives of the infantrymen on the ground.

Catch up with the times? The cash strapped military ought not to spend a dime on training females for infantry jobs when the majority of them are going to flunk out of school and the rest will get broke when they get to the FMF (Which is much harder than SOI mind you).

Women success rate in IOC 0%. Women success rate in SOI/ITB 34%. And none of them are FMF tested. Now you want to throw money at this program for women? Marines Infantry Officer Course experiment ends with zero women passing course - Washington Times

Listen pumpkin ... I really don't give a damn what your definition of combat is ... Dead is dead anyway you slice it.
It also isn't about whether or not I would support such a program ... I was in the program.
If you had half a brain you would have figured that out by now ... No wonder you were slotted for the infantry.

When I went thru OCS in 77-78, we used to chuckle about how they went on and on about we were not in combat roles. Didn't stop us from being in Target roles tho.

Panama was a good example. There was a Female Captain not on the front when that front changed. She took charge of her troops and served well. Today, those battle lines are fluid.

3 out of 15? With that rate we would need to recruit 1500 women for every 300 troops we needed. Men do not fail at that rate.

Three is more than none ... And that was a year and a half ago, not mentioning anyone who has been since.
All I have ever said or supported is that those who can should be able to.
And that is the Marine Infantry ... Female Army Aviators have been in the combat cockpit since the 90's.

There is no more sacred ground for you men ... You aren't any better just because you are a man.
Suck it up and move on troop.

Last edited:
8 Other Nations That Send Women to Combat

Australia, New Zealand, Poland, Denmark, Canada, Israel, Norway, France, Germany all allow females in front-line combat positions.

"There are roughly a dozen nations that have opened "close combat roles" to women. Those roles are defined by a 2010 British Ministry of Defense (MOD) study as those that include "engaging an enemy on the ground ... while being exposed to hostile fire and a high probability of physical contact with the hostile forces personnel.""

If the US wishes to continue trying to take over the world, it's going to need female assistance. Been sucking ass with just men.

Seems like those with a problem with women in the military either know little about the military or little about women.

Riding down the street and taking fire as a coincidence is much different than locating, closing with, and destroying the enemy by fire and maneuver. There is a reason why the infantry gets a different combat distinguishing device than non infantry types in the Army.

Riding down the street and taking fire as a coincidence is much different than locating, closing with, and destroying the enemy by fire and maneuver. There is a reason why the infantry gets a different combat distinguishing device than non infantry types in the Army.
Really. Explain the difference between infrantry clearing a building and Mp's doing it

Really. Explain the difference between infrantry clearing a building and Mp's doing it

Show me a female MP clearing a building in a combat zone and tell me why they're there and I will tell you the difference. Lets not deal in hypotheticals. Like all jobs in the military you are subjected to combat in one form or another. Only direct combat roles are subject to it day in and day out at the intensity that no other unit enjoys. Only direct combat roles have the task of locating, closing with, and destroying the enemy. never has an MP owned that role. There may be MP attachments from time to time but they aren't there to be grunts. They have their own special mission like all attachments and supporting units. MP's are not expected to sustain combat and remove the enemy by fire and maneuver. In two combat deployments I have never had a female anything attached to my infantry unit. The only time I ever saw a female MP was during the first elections where they needed women to pat down Iraqi women at the polling stations. And trust me, we secured that polling station.

The SOP for non infantry types who come under fire is to return fire and continue moving until you are out of harms way. Should they become pinned down they are to defend their position and call for the grunts to come rescue them. If you think a group of MP's are going to receive fire and chase the enemy from the area on foot you are sadly mistaken. That's not why they're there and they aren't equipped for it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back