Votes: 11 55.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

noxno2

Rookie
Apr 13, 2015
my questions are these.
should women be allowed in the military in general? why/why not?
should women be allowed in combat oriented roles in the military? why/why not?
if yes to question 2, should women be required to register for selective service? why/why not?

i'm curious as to the viewpoints from those members of our community to whom this would affect, which is everyone. is this debate about "equality of opportunity" or "equality of outcome"?

my questions are these.
if yes to question 2, should women be required to register for selective service? why/why not?

i'm curious as to the viewpoints from those members of our community to whom this would affect, which is everyone. is this debate about "equality of opportunity" or "equality of outcome"?
If they could make it through boot camp, without being coddled, I don't see a problem with it. On the other hand, it could cause problems not related to their ability to do their job. I'm sure you could think of several.

I agree with what seems to be the general consensus of the SF community: let them in so long as they can pass the exact same PT and combat training requirements as the men. Lowering any of the standards for them is just putting our present combat personnel in danger to please the feminists, who - and let's be totally honest with ourselves here - would really only care when the new, overall less capable female operators got shot and just hate the male members even more for "letting" it happen.

Some women are cut out for certain roles in the military but the standards should never be lowered and no special preference allowed.

I think she could hold her own.

Blue Angels Welcome First Female Pilot

When military aviation buffs pack into the Marine Corps Beaufort Air Show in South Carolina this weekend, they'll be wowed by the Navy's Blue Angels. But a new kind of history will also take flight in the team: a woman in the cockpit, CBS News' Michelle Miller reports.

It's the ride of a lifetime, and F-18 pilots like Capt. Jeff Kruss have spent a lifetime training for it.

"I got my pilot's license when I was 17, and I wanted to get in the military and fly the fastest, meanest thing they could give me, and this is it; the Hornet is it," Kruss said.

katie+higgins.png

When military aviation buffs pack into the Marine Corps Beaufort Air Show in South Carolina this weekend, they'll be wowed by the Navy's Blue Angels. But a new kind of history will also take flight in the team: a woman in the cockpit, CBS News' Michelle Miller reports.

It's the ride of a lifetime, and F-18 pilots like Capt. Jeff Kruss have spent a lifetime training for it.

"I got my pilot's license when I was 17, and I wanted to get in the military and fly the fastest, meanest thing they could give me, and this is it; the Hornet is it," Kruss said.

katie+higgins.png

I remember seeing them as a teen. Unfortunayely, they are not nearly as fun to watch as they used to be. I went to see them years later, and they have really toned it down. Guess they were having too many crashes. Back in the day, they would take your breath away. Not so much anymore.

katie+higgins.png

I remember seeing them as a teen. Unfortunayely, they are not nearly as fun to watch as they used to be. I went to see them years later, and they have really toned it down. Guess they were having too many crashes. Back in the day, they would take your breath away. Not so much anymore.

I haven't seen them for years but yes they took my breath away when I did.

I personally think is not practical to have women in the front line. In fact I think it's rather stupid.

Having said that, if the woman feels she is as strong as the man ( :rolleyes: ) and she is prepared to fight without lowering the fitness level of the group....well then, who are we to stop women dying for their country.
Let them.
Like I give a fig.:dunno:

Yes women should be allowed in Combat Roles if they can meet the qualifications and standards any other person in that role has to meet.
In fact ... We already serve in combat roles in the some cases ... And in those instances I know of, we are required to meet the same standards.
As for Selective Service I wouldn't care one way or the other ... I volunteered.

Side Note:
I haven't seen the Angels in a show for a long time.
I do vacation at the beach in Fort Morgan, Alabama regularly though.
The Angels (at least some of them anyways) are based out of Pensacola and while I am down there they practice daily over the Gulf in front of the house.

It is freakin awesome ... And they will come low over the beach.
Low enough to read a message you write in the sand, smile and wave ... And you could read their nametag if you tried.

my questions are these.

Knew pleanty of women when I was in the Navy I had no reservations about as to their capability, dedication, or badassness. Knew pleanty of men I did.

Whether your reproductive organs are on the inside or the outside doesn't effect your ability to push a button, or squeeze a trigger As test after test has shown, trained up same as men, women are every bit as capable in combat roles as their male counterparts. If you're thinking of women on tv as opposed to real life ones in the military you don't have an accurate picture of what's being discussed.

Why should women be conned into enlisting in the Military and then sent into combat roles they didn't know they were eligible for? Somehow the confused liberal elite has decided that they are doing American women a favor by risking their lives in combat roles while American men are typing and filing paper in support units. The world is upside down and bas-ackward to the lib elite.

katie+higgins.png

Ironically, the Marine Corps was the last service to let women fly. When I was getting my wings, they weren't allowing female Marine pilots yet.

katie+higgins.png

It's the platform...the F-18 doesn't do as crisp a loop or turn as the A-4 did...I remember being on the flight line the first year they were doing a show in F-18s....it was quite disappointing.

my questions are these.

If combat effectiveness is the standard then NO, women should be barred from combat roles.

They don't pass the same standard, even in the Marine Corps the basic PT test is different for women.

We pass the same standards if we intend to be in a combat role.

PT standards are adjusted for general service and in regards to non-combat positions in every branch.
If a woman desires to be considered for a combat role ... We have to pass the qualifications necessary for anyone to achieve that position.
Those qualification include the physical readiness qualifications, the applicable skills testing and the applicable clearance from the flight surgeon.

It is hilarious that a man would think that a no woman can meet or exceed the minimum passing requirements of the male physical training rigor.
Shit ... The last time I qualified I was lapping sad-sack dudes in the 3 mile run.

Last edited:
They don't pass the same standard, even in the Marine Corps the basic PT test is different for women.

We pass the same standards if we intend to be in a combat role.

PT standards are adjusted for general service and in regards to non-combat positions in every branch.
If a woman desires to be considered for a combat role ... We have to pass the qualifications necessary for anyone to achieve that position.
Those qualification include the physical readiness qualifications, the applicable skills testing and the applicable clearance from the flight surgeon.

It is hilarious that a man would think that a no woman can meet or exceed the minimum passing requirements of the male physical training rigor.
Shit ... The last time I qualified I was lapping sad-sack dudes in the 3 mile run.

No Woman had passed the marine Corps Infantry Officer course and only 7 made it through Infantry Training Battalion at SOI (Considerably less than those who attempted SOI). Women in infantry? Scientifically proven to be a complete wash and waste of taxpayers money.

Forum List

Back