women in the military?

women in combat roles?

• yes

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
No Woman had passed the marine Corps Infantry Officer course and only 7 made it through Infantry Training Battalion at SOI (Considerably less than those who attempted SOI). Women in infantry? Scientifically proven to be a complete wash and waste of taxpayers money.

Well then I guess we might not want to be in the infantry then ... Of course women are smart enough to know that it isn't just the infantry in combat.
Marines are especially appreciative when we show up to cover their asses from above ... Technically, I never heard a damn one of them complain.

It is about time you catch up with the times grandpa ... Because we have done left your ass behind in a foxhole.

Last edited:
Well I am not going to offer much that anyone else hasn't already said. Women in military, yes. Women in combat roles? Same thing. If they can meet the same qualifying standards as men then sure. If they want to fight, let them fight. As far as registering....now that's an interesting question. My initial feeling is it should be voluntary, but that's kind of sexist in a way isn't it? If we are going to give them the same rights, shouldn't we also give them the same responsibilities? In a way it's kind of a moot point because there hasn't been a draft since Vietnam and I don't see one coming soon (although I may be wrong). I guess if we are going to be fair about it, then yeah...have them register, but honestly my mind is split on the question.

No Woman had passed the marine Corps Infantry Officer course and only 7 made it through Infantry Training Battalion at SOI (Considerably less than those who attempted SOI). Women in infantry? Scientifically proven to be a complete wash and waste of taxpayers money.

Well then I guess we might not want to be in the infantry then ... Of course women are smart enough to know that it isn't just the infantry in combat.
Marines are especially appreciative when we show up to cover their asses from above ... Technically, I never heard a damn one of them complain.

It is about time you catch up with the times grandpa ... Because we have done left your ass behind in a foxhole.

Having done two deployments to Iraq as a Marine Corps Infantryman (We use the term "fighting hole" by the way), I can tell you with 100% accuracy that we ridiculed the idea of females in the infantry. On the other hand, we never really considered piloting an aircraft a combat role. Combat support, perhaps, but not combat. You want female fighter pilots, go ahead. Flying an aircraft does not compare to fighting on the ground. On a similar note, we were never able to get a single CAS request approved because the top brass was more concerned about civilian casualties than saving the lives of the infantrymen on the ground.

Catch up with the times? The cash strapped military ought not to spend a dime on training females for infantry jobs when the majority of them are going to flunk out of school and the rest will get broke when they get to the FMF (Which is much harder than SOI mind you).

Women success rate in IOC 0%. Women success rate in SOI/ITB 34%. And none of them are FMF tested. Now you want to throw money at this program for women? Marines Infantry Officer Course experiment ends with zero women passing course - Washington Times

Last edited:
Well I am not going to offer much that anyone else hasn't already said. Women in military, yes. Women in combat roles? Same thing. If they can meet the same qualifying standards as men then sure. If they want to fight, let them fight. As far as registering....now that's an interesting question. My initial feeling is it should be voluntary, but that's kind of sexist in a way isn't it? If we are going to give them the same rights, shouldn't we also give them the same responsibilities? In a way it's kind of a moot point because there hasn't been a draft since Vietnam and I don't see one coming soon (although I may be wrong). I guess if we are going to be fair about it, then yeah...have them register, but honestly my mind is split on the question.

When none of them can make it through infantry officers course and only a hand full of them were able to make it through SOI (volunteers mind you), why should we waste resources training females with such a rate of failure?

Having done two deployments to Iraq as a Marine Corps Infantryman (We use the term "fighting hole" by the way), I can tell you with 100% accuracy that we ridiculed the idea of females in the infantry. On the other hand, we never really considered piloting an aircraft a combat role. Combat support, perhaps, but not combat. You want female fighter pilots, go ahead. Flying an aircraft does not compare to fighting on the ground. On a similar note, we were never able to get a single CAS request approved because the top brass was more concerned about civilian casualties than saving the lives of the infantrymen on the ground.

Catch up with the times? The cash strapped military ought not to spend a dime on training females for infantry jobs when the majority of them are going to flunk out of school and the rest will get broke when they get to the FMF (Which is much harder than SOI mind you).

Women success rate in IOC 0%. Women success rate in SOI/ITB 34%. And none of them are FMF tested. Now you want to throw money at this program for women? Marines Infantry Officer Course experiment ends with zero women passing course - Washington Times

Listen pumpkin ... I really don't give a damn what your definition of combat is ... Dead is dead anyway you slice it.
It also isn't about whether or not I would support such a program ... I was in the program.
If you had half a brain you would have figured that out by now ... No wonder you were slotted for the infantry.

Listen pumpkin ... I really don't give a damn what your definition of combat is ... Dead is dead anyway you slice it.
It also isn't about whether or not I would support such a program ... I was in the program.
If you had half a brain you would have figured that out by now ... No wonder you were slotted for the infantry.

Indeed, one shoots at fish in a barrel from the safety of an aircraft after the grunts risk their lives to acquire their targets for them and the other is stuck in the streets fighting it out with the enemy. Same result, different effort, different risk, different difficulty. In short, not every kill is the same. To make an extreme point, because this obviously isn't clear to you, a UAV pilot who scores a kill from the comfort of his desk didn't do a fraction of what a grunt did to achieve it. The same goes for the Wing. Now I'm not going to complain about the support I got while in Iraq but just remember, we were the main effort and everyone else was support.

The female infantry experiment was a wash and should not be supported by taxpayer dollars. A Victor Unit in the FMF (Which I KNOW you have never served in) is way more difficult than SOI. 12 mile ruck runs, 20 mile hikes in full battle gear, a full month in the Mojave Desert doing maneuvers at CAX, and days on end without sleep in Afghanistan and Iraq isn't exactly SOI. If SOI has a 65% drop out rate for women and OIC had a 100% drop out rate for women, if allowed to serve in infantry units, the FMF will eat them alive!

I don't care what program you were in and I volunteered for the infantry thank you very much. But I doubt you were ever in the Marines. Marines call a "fox hole" a "fighting hole." Which one did you call it? Marines know that no one gets slotted for the infantry; they must volunteer for it. (See your statement above)

Indeed, one shoots at fish in a barrel from the safety of an aircraft after the grunts risk their lives to acquire their targets for them and the other is stuck in the streets fighting it out with the enemy. Same result, different effort, different risk, different difficulty. In short, not every kill is the same. To make an extreme point, because this obviously isn't clear to you, a UAV pilot who scores a kill from the comfort of his desk didn't do a fraction of what a grunt did to achieve it. The same goes for the Wing. Now I'm not going to complain about the support I got while in Iraq but just remember, we were the main effort and everyone else was support.

The female infantry experiment was a wash and should not be supported by taxpayer dollars. A Victor Unit in the FMF (Which I KNOW you have never served in) is way more difficult than SOI. 12 mile ruck runs, 20 mile hikes in full battle gear, a full month in the Mojave Desert doing maneuvers at CAX, and days on end without sleep in Afghanistan and Iraq isn't exactly SOI. If SOI has a 65% drop out rate for women and OIC had a 100% drop out rate for women, if allowed to serve in infantry units, the FMF will eat them alive!

I don't care what program you were in and I volunteered for the infantry thank you very much. But I doubt you were ever in the Marines. Marines call a "fox hole" a "fighting hole." Which one did you call it? Marines know that no one gets slotted for the infantry; they must volunteer for it. (See your statement above)

I wasn't in the Marines ... And who said anything about a wing peanut?
And ... 25 meters is 25 meters ... Left, right, up, down or in between ... Same for you as it is for me, except I brought bigger guns, better ordinance and more ammo.
What I had strapped to my back weighed a hell of a lot more than your ruck sack.

And ... 25 meters is 25 meters ... Left, right, up, down or in between ... Same for you as it is for me, except I brought bigger guns, better ordinance and more ammo.
What I had strapped to my back weighed a hell of a lot more than your ruck sack.

And a vehicle, a base with running water, internet café, restaurants, regular calls home, a chow hall, a bed to sleep in, and I'll bet you shat in a place where you didn't have to burn it? Don't give me that garbage.

When I went thru OCS in 77-78, we used to chuckle about how they went on and on about we were not in combat roles. Didn't stop us from being in Target roles tho.

And a vehicle, a base with running water, internet café, restaurants, regular calls home, a chow hall, a bed to sleep in, and I'll bet you shat in a place where you didn't have to burn it? Don't give me that garbage.

Now why in the hell would I argue with the idea you see some intrinsic value in dumping diesel in a barrel and burning your shit ...
I don't need to give you any garbage ... Sounds like you had your hands full with it already.

Oh...MOS envy.

No why in the hell would I argue with the idea you see some intrinsic value in dumping diesel in a barrel and burning your shit ...
I don't need to give you any garbage ... Sounds like you had your hands full with it already.

Exactly!!! Grunts take hardship and lack of amenities as a badge of pride. You ridicule it as a badge of shame. Females in the infantry huh? Sorry you didn't make the cut. It was never meant to be.

Oh...MOS envy.

I don't see envy. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Exactly!!! Grunts take hardship and lack of amenities as a badge of pride. You ridicule it as a badge of shame. Females in the infantry huh? Sorry you didn't make the cut. It was never meant to be.

You seem to be the only one suffering from an inferiority complex.
I made the cut ... Did my job ... Took my knocks ... And had a blast.
Keep pissing and whining about the shit you went through ... Guess they do have pussies in the infantry after all.

Last edited:
I believe women do have a place in the military just not in combat roles. Imagine if the were to bring the draft back, and the updated draft included women. Would you have a problem with women that were drafted being placed into a combat mos? Remember they did not volunteer and maybe they maybe your daughters.

You seem to be the only one suffering from an inferiority complex.
I made the cut ... Did my job ... Took my knocks ... And had a blast.
Keep pissing and whining about the shit you went through ... Guess they do have pussies in the infantry after all.

Fortunately, that just went down in a ball of flames in the Marines.

Forum List

Back