Women Giving up Seats on American Airliners for Religious Accomodation?

why didn't the Paki just buy the seats next to him?

For all these people with weird phobia's that's what they do... forcing a woman off the flight is just wrong. I didn't really fly United before but I certainly won't now.

I would move the person or persons who lodged the complaint. Therefore the woman keeps her seat. The men can take a different flight if it comes to that!

How would YOU handle this? The airlines need some help here. And I'm not against TRYING to accommodate preferences.
I am rigidly opposed to any concession made in deference to Islamic law or protocol while on American soil or in American air space. And if those Pakistanis don't like it they can patronize an Islamic airline -- or walk.

Interesting story today about a woman who was bumped from her seat, because 2 Pakistani monks did not not want to be seated next to a woman. This is the type of "religious accommodation" that is dangerous when it conflicts with American values about equality. Not serious if handled quietly and VOLUNTARILY. Plenty of room on a airliner to make these adjustments. But to bump a Million Mile flyer because a couple of guys are no fun and don't want to adhere to OUR culture --- is a bit disturbing.

For all you Liberal fools who claim there is no Sharia in America - welcome to Sharia.
How is that Sharia?

Some people apparently lose interest in
why didn't the Paki just buy the seats next to him?

For all these people with weird phobia's that's what they do... forcing a woman off the flight is just wrong. I didn't really fly United before but I certainly won't now.

you need to read the OP. She was not "forced off the flight". She was asked to trade seats.

How would YOU handle this? The airlines need some help here. And I'm not against TRYING to accommodate preferences.
I am rigidly opposed to any concession made in deference to Islamic law or protocol while on American soil or in American air space. And if those Pakistanis don't like it they can patronize an Islamic airline -- or walk.

Again -- news identifies them as "monks".. If you can find a reference making them Muslims -- THEN you can take out your bias and sling it around.

Those who refuse to sit next to a woman can arrange for a different flight in which there were only males in the row, or they can damn well create their own airlines.

Religious accommodation only applies to those who hold Anti-American values. But Bakers must bake gay wedding cakes in violation of their beliefs, unless of course, they are Muslim Bakers.

Again -- news identifies them as "monks".. If you can find a reference making them Muslims -- THEN you can take out your bias and sling it around.

Pakistan is 96.4% Islam. I'm bettin' Moslems.

So you're doubling down EVEN THOUGH -- all news articles described these guys as MONKs. You DO know what a Monk is --- Right?

What religion are they?

I'm assuming a Christian Sect in Pakistan. Because they are identified as monks. Islam doesn't HAVE monks.
When I get time I'll look into it.

Either that -- or the incident was reported in some "politically correct" way and lied about their affiliation..

Pakistan is 96.4% Islam. I'm bettin' Moslems.

So you're doubling down EVEN THOUGH -- all news articles described these guys as MONKs. You DO know what a Monk is --- Right?

The fact that their religion was not mentioned in the article is a big tell.

Why Most Buddhist Nuns and Monks Are Celibate

In Theravada Buddhism monks are not permitted to so much as shake hands with a woman; nor may a nun touch a man. The revered Thai monk Ajaan Fuang (1915-1986) said, "The reason the Buddha didn't allow monks to touch women is not that there's anything wrong with women. It's because there's something wrong with the monks: They still have mental defilements, which is why they have to be kept under control." Mahayana celibate orders generally are not quite so strict about not touching.

Good God of Abraham people, stop seeing Muslims in every thread...

For all you Liberal fools who claim there is no Sharia in America - welcome to Sharia.
How is that Sharia?

'Reliance of the Traveller', (sharia bible)

m2.3
It is unlawful for a man to look at a women who is not his wife"

It would put these Moslem "monks" in a very uncomfortable position - provided they're Moslem which I'm bettin' they are.

Why was the woman moved? The men could have just as easily been moved. This is wrong and part of the problem of lack of or refusal to assimilate

Forum List

Back