Women Giving up Seats on American Airliners for Religious Accomodation?

In my opinion, at the end of the day if the plane were to crash, it wouldn't matter where anyone on the plane was sitting. They would all be history no matter where their butts were planted.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Interesting story today about a woman who was bumped from her seat, because 2 Pakistani monks did not not want to be seated next to a woman. This is the type of "religious accommodation" that is dangerous when it conflicts with American values about equality. Not serious if handled quietly and VOLUNTARILY. Plenty of room on a airliner to make these adjustments. But to bump a Million Mile flyer because a couple of guys are no fun and don't want to adhere to OUR culture --- is a bit disturbing.

For all you Liberal fools who claim there is no Sharia in America - welcome to Sharia.

How would YOU handle this? The airlines need some help here. And I'm not against TRYING to accommodate preferences.

The airline should have told them that we do not discriminate against women. Aren't all you Liberals always going on about discrimination?

Not a mention of 'Moslem' or 'Islam' in the entire article. So they want us to understand that ANY religion could have done this? Buddhists?Christians? NOT! These pussies can't even identify the scumbags. Wouldn't want to slight the peaceful religion of Islam now would we. This is MOSLEMS following the teachings of ISLAM.

How would YOU handle this? The airlines need some help here. And I'm not against TRYING to accommodate preferences.
If they come in to use a modern facility such as airlines they need to keep in mind that their religious mantra was left back where ever they came from. It would be as bad as me saying I won't sit by a "rectum wrecker" as Sassy calls them and demand that someone else cannot have their reserved seat. (flying with airlines suck)
rectum wrecker, sounds like chili with hot peppers...

FIRST of all the choice should have been hers to make if she agreed to change or not. You know, some people like to sit by the window, the aisle, over the wing, in the front, in the back, etc. SECOND, I'll bet you a dime to a doughnut that had she complained that the two Pakis were smelling of garlic and could she please change seats ..... she'd have been out of luck. Sorry that I didn't read the whole thing but did the Pakis complain BEFORE they boarded the plane or AFTER?

Interesting story today about a woman who was bumped from her seat, because 2 Pakistani monks did not not want to be seated next to a woman. This is the type of "religious accommodation" that is dangerous when it conflicts with American values about equality. Not serious if handled quietly and VOLUNTARILY. Plenty of room on a airliner to make these adjustments. But to bump a Million Mile flyer because a couple of guys are no fun and don't want to adhere to OUR culture --- is a bit disturbing.

For all you Liberal fools who claim there is no Sharia in America - welcome to Sharia.
Orthodox Jews do it also, since their beliefs that women are unclean most of the month..

This is not at all about Sharia. THAT'S why it's interesting. Supposedly, these 2 guys were MONKS. Unless you think that's the press being politically correct. And I posted a 2nd link from the NY Times about previous instances that involved Orthodox Jewish men. This is the BIGGER issue of accommodating religious orthodoxy when it conflicts with the laws and general culture.

How is that Sharia?

How about....."Ok I'll give up my seat. If you add 100,000 miles to my account....Or you can go ask someone else to move."
Now you're on to something! Why should she move and not them? My new solution is move the two of them to a 3-seater that are all free or where one man is seated. If there are no one-man-with-2-seats-free then the two Pakis will have to sit separated from one another. And this time that's my FINAL ANSWER!

If they come in to use a modern facility such as airlines they need to keep in mind that their religious mantra was left back where ever they came from. It would be as bad as me saying I won't sit by a "rectum wrecker" as Sassy calls them and demand that someone else cannot have their reserved seat. (flying with airlines suck)
^ war on religious freedom
Religious freedom demeaning females in a publicly traded business is okay with you?
Hell no. "Religious freedom" should never be a permissible excuse for treating people like shit.

The more I think about it, the more I do not understand, and can't believe the airline did that.

Lots of times I've voluntarily changed seats to accommodate people. Even to a crappier seat. I think the problem is DEMANDING the seat change rather than asking for it.

Exactly. They should have given her the choice. You voluntarily gave up your seat. Whole different ball of wax there.

"Excuse me miss, you see those two earwax challenged gentlemen there? apparently they have mommy issues, could I interest you in upgrade options?"

I was on a Turkish airlines flight from Miami to Istanbul. And there was a Muslim who was making a huge deal about his wife sitting next to another man. The problem was that he and his wife just moved to the center section where there was a man already sitting. The odd part was there was no one else In their row with them on the right side where they moved. (Few rows ahead of my seat).

The stewardess handled this guy amazingly. He gave one a hard time but then the alpha of the stewardesses came and it was game over. She wasnt taking anything off this guy.

The flight was not even close to full so there were loads of empty seats. I imagine he wanted these because there was a lot of leg room. The other guy in the row finally offered to move and the Muslim told him "good... move now"....the alpha stewardess wasn't happy at all. I don't think those Muslims got served the rest of the flight. However they made sure everyone of us in the section had anything we could have wanted.

Forum List

Back