Women and Independents unfavorable of Palin

Not really a surprise...not many favor incompetent quitters.

Among women, who, theoretically, should form the base of Palin's support, nearly four in ten (39 percent) have a strongly unfavorable impression of her while just 20 percent were strongly favorable. Overall 39 percent of women had a favorable impression of Palin while 57 percent had an unfavorable one.
The song remained the same among political independents. Nearly twice as many independents had a strongly unfavorable opinion of Palin as had a favorable one -- 32 percent to 18 percent. Among all independents, 45 percent has a favorable image of Palin as compared to 47 percent who felt unfavorably toward the former governor.
I hope she plans on running for President...it could make for the funniest political campaign ever.

The Fix - The most important number in (Palin) politics today

Let's face it. The traditional view of women in this country is one of a liberal. Nothing wrong with that, it's everyones right to choose what party they support. They are more likely to be Democrats than Republican. I believe this is why the MSM, DNC and left wing loonies attacked her, her family and her politics so visciously. First, they were caught totally off guard by McCain's choice and when you don't have time to build a case against her politics you do the second rule in the DNC playbook. Launch a personal smear campaign against her and her family the likes of which have NEVER been seen in American politics. Secondly. They just can't stand the idea of a Republican woman being the first one elected to the WH.

I think there are some good points in here about what the media elected to focus on and why. And I think it went both ways.

Obama and Palin were relative newcomers to the national scene without a big long resume to pick apart. So with both of them the media seemed to spend a lot of time "vetting" their religious and personal affiliations and relationships.

But I don't think either of them suffered from an unprecedented level of personal scrutiny. It was just about the only thing the media had to go on - with both of them.

Who did I attack personally?
Oh, you meant no implication about Cali-G being stupid at all with your comment?

Glad we cleared that up.

Not at all. Glad I could help you with your comprehension issues. Is it perhaps that you have a negative preconceived notion about EVERYTHING I write, Si Modo? ....
Go on playing a victim, Yank. I honestly didn't think you had it in you. Obviously I have been wrong on more than one occasion. For example,
Sorry Si. VaYank. She seems like such an open minded person. Not.
:cool: Thanks for clarifying. Actually, although Yank definitely leans left, Yank can think quite well for himself. I believe him when he says that he did vote for candidates in both parties yesterday. Please keep an open mind on the Virginia Yankee. He's one of the good guys on the board - a leftie who can honestly discuss. Just my opinion, though.

Do you know what is missing here, let me explain if I may. First when Republicans disagree according to the media and many others they are somehow tearing themselves apart. When they do agree they are somehow marching in lockstep like good little soldiers. Let me put it this way a good vibrant party be it Democrat or Republican can disagree on a person that is best suited to lead them and still agree on the principles it stands for. As for Sarah Palin, my position is clear, while I am sure she is well meaning and has a wonderful home spun appeal to a segment of the party, she has little in the way of any large domestic and international experience. In order for me to see her as a viable candidate she would need to have that seasoning. Let me give you an example, if for example Sarah Palin were to run for congress and take a seat for several years that might help offset some of that. I do feel however, that a lot of the coverage of her is over the top and in my opinion the best way to combat that is to be well read, seasond and fight it head on and do not shy away from it.

Kinda helps to explain the whole "stupis is as stupid does"....

And therein lies your problem. You equate 'I kinda like Sarah pissing off the left' with stupidity. I, on the other hand, have said I thought Palin was a bad pick for VP but I can appreciate the shitstorm she causes to the left. I probably would not vote for Palin if she ran for POTUS, any more than I would vote for Obama... or McCain.... or any other high profile politician. That's because I am smart enough to recognize lying bastards when I see them.

Whereas you resort to using the "c" word to make a point. Which of us is stupid? Clue, it isn't me.

Where did I use the "c" word in my response to you?

Where did I say you had used it to me? Basic comprehension not your strong point? Fact is, I automatically dismiss anything that you say because of one comment where you used it. It's just me, but I tend to find that anyone who has to resort to that word, or the 'n' word, have nothing of any value to add to anything. End of.

Do you know what is missing here, let me explain if I may. First when Republicans disagree according to the media and many others they are somehow tearing themselves apart. When they do agree they are somehow marching in lockstep like good little soldiers....

Good point - except when the person your party nominated for vice president makes it a point to go out and campaign for someone OTHER than a member of that party, and particularly AGAINST a member of that party, it does seem to indicate much more than typical "in-fighting."

Just MHO.

Last edited:

Among women, who, theoretically, should form the base of Palin's support, nearly four in ten (39 percent) have a strongly unfavorable impression of her while just 20 percent were strongly favorable. Overall 39 percent of women had a favorable impression of Palin while 57 percent had an unfavorable one.
The song remained the same among political independents. Nearly twice as many independents had a strongly unfavorable opinion of Palin as had a favorable one -- 32 percent to 18 percent. Among all independents, 45 percent has a favorable image of Palin as compared to 47 percent who felt unfavorably toward the former governor.
I hope she plans on running for President...it could make for the funniest political campaign ever.

I hate you blow you liberals little balloon here, but I think that since you are sooooooooooo interested in someone you claim is not ever going to be a threat to you libs, maybe you should read something real. Like real polling data.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Monday, November 16, 2009 Email to a Friend ShareThisAdvertisement
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 28% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-eight percent (38%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -10 (see trends).

Fifty-nine percent (59%) of Republican voters say that Sarah Palin shares their values. Just 18% see her as a divisive force within the GOP.

Palin has a 59% approval rating among Republicans, Your messiah is now at a negative 10, that's a minus 10, in other words a -10. That means that he would have to gain 69 points just to tie Palin. Ain't gonna happen. LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

BTW, Palin's numbers are only going to grow, no matter how much you all try to spin what she says, everybody is watching her on Oprah, tomorrow night on Hannity, then on O'Reilly, then the following week on Greta, then Barbara Walters, then on Rush's radio show.

We will all be able to hear what SHE says, not what Tina Fey says. LOLOL

Last edited:
Oh, you meant no implication about Cali-G being stupid at all with your comment?

Glad we cleared that up.

Not at all. Glad I could help you with your comprehension issues. Is it perhaps that you have a negative preconceived notion about EVERYTHING I write, Si Modo? ....
Go on playing a victim, Yank. I honestly didn't think you had it in you. Obviously I have been wrong on more than one occasion. For example,
Sorry Si. VaYank. She seems like such an open minded person. Not.
:cool: Thanks for clarifying. Actually, although Yank definitely leans left, Yank can think quite well for himself. I believe him when he says that he did vote for candidates in both parties yesterday. Please keep an open mind on the Virginia Yankee. He's one of the good guys on the board - a leftie who can honestly discuss. Just my opinion, though.

Why do you think I added the part about YOU knowing better than most how I type? ou just seem to be sticking up for people that I disagree with, and if you want to be a moderator, fine, but you need to watch your own abusive language before you try.

Navy1960 wrote:
As for Sarah Palin, my position is clear, while I am sure she is well meaning and has a wonderful home spun appeal to a segment of the party, she has little in the way of any large domestic and international experience.

This exact case was made against Obama but it didn't stick because whenever anyone challenged him on it the powers that be said the challengers were just a bunch of racists. Personally I think Hilary would have made a better President than Obama. A few years as a Senator does not make a President.

And therein lies your problem. You equate 'I kinda like Sarah pissing off the left' with stupidity. I, on the other hand, have said I thought Palin was a bad pick for VP but I can appreciate the shitstorm she causes to the left. I probably would not vote for Palin if she ran for POTUS, any more than I would vote for Obama... or McCain.... or any other high profile politician. That's because I am smart enough to recognize lying bastards when I see them.

Whereas you resort to using the "c" word to make a point. Which of us is stupid? Clue, it isn't me.

Where did I say you had used it to me? Basic comprehension not your strong point? Fact is, I automatically dismiss anything that you say because of one comment where you used it. It's just me, but I tend to find that anyone who has to resort to that word, or the 'n' word, have nothing of any value to add to anything. End of.

So, the fact that I simply restated a word that John McCain used against his wife, is bad? I was trying to make a point. Get over it or ignore me. This is not rocket sceince.

Why do you think I added the part about YOU knowing better than most how I type? ou just seem to be sticking up for people that I disagree with, and if you want to be a moderator, fine, but you need to watch your own abusive language before you try.
So, if what I posted was sticking up for Cali-G, then I suppose your comment about stupid was an attack on her? I mean, if you weren't personally attacking her, there would be no sticking up required. Which is it, Yank?

And, although I do respect you, Cali-G is a personal friend so the scales weigh heavily in her favor for me. I am biased that way when it comes to friends being called stupid, whether directly or implied.

If that makes me abusive of you (or anyone else for that matter), so be it. Willing victims bore me.

Last edited:

So, if what I posted was sticking up for Cali-G, then I suppose your comment about stupid was an attack on her? I mean, if you weren't personally attacking her, there would be no sticking up required. Which is it, Yank?

And, although I do respect you, Cali-G is a personal friend so the scales weigh heavily in her favor for me. I am biased that way when it comes to friends being called stupid, whether directly or implied.

If that makes me abusive of you (or anyone else for that matter), so be it. Willing victims bore me.

As I already stated to Cali-G and YOU, if you don't like what I have to say, you don't have to read it. If you want to stick up for your personal friends, I applaud you for your convictions. However, that does NOT give you the right to try to muzzle me or my opinions. You and I have disagreed on much and have always (mostly) done it in a civil manner. Cali-G and I disagree in a different way as she rubs me the wrong way. Simple as that.

Navy1960 wrote:
As for Sarah Palin, my position is clear, while I am sure she is well meaning and has a wonderful home spun appeal to a segment of the party, she has little in the way of any large domestic and international experience.

This exact case was made against Obama but it didn't stick because whenever anyone challenged him on it the powers that be said the challengers were just a bunch of racists. Personally I think Hilary would have made a better President than Obama. A few years as a Senator does not make a President.

MHO is that people were looking "outside the box." My theory is that most moderates are pretty sick and tired of all the hyper-partisan rhetoric and political theater that has done so much damage over the past 20 years or so.

McCain had a reputation for bucking the party line.

Obama had a reputation as an outsider who had been successful in bringing diverse elements together.

Palin worked to develop the reputation as a principled outsider who bucked the party line when necessary.

Biden was probably the only one of the four who had a reputation as a "status-quo politician."

I think people were really looking for a fresh face and a new approach. That's hard to couple with a whole lot of experience.

Last edited:
Kinda helps to explain the whole "stupis is as stupid does"....

It was in a book published fifteen or so years ago. :lol:

From your above link:

"See politics as serious business that needs to be conducted by deep thinkers with long intellectual pedigrees? Then Palin is a dangerous force in the country, woefully unprepared and not sufficiently serious to run just about anything."

I absolutely see politics as serious, but I am down right tired of the so-called deep thinkers, with long intelletual pedigrees.

They are the ones responsible for getting this country into the absolute MESS that it is. These people are nothing more than elitists pedigree poodles whose wheels have never hit the dirt. They are the silver spooned, ruling class, Harvard grads who have never worked a hard day in their lives. They are absolutely out of touch with Americans and the way in which we live our lives, because most have never done it.

If you want to be ruled by the ruling class of a bunch of liberal loons who don't have one ounce of common sense about the economy, about health care, about cap and trade, about foriegn policy and appearing weak to our enemies, then you keep voting the way you have been and you are quaranteed to witness in your life time, a bankrupt America, that provides few jobs and opportunities, a weakened America that terrorists will continue to attack, a dept that you will saddle your children and grandchildren with, that will be so bad that their standard of living will be 30% LESS than the one you now enjoy.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

If you continue to want pedigree, so-called deep thinkers, who are elitists ruling over you, then you deserve everything you are gonna get. I will not feel a bit sorry for your sorry asses.

As I already stated to Cali-G and YOU, if you don't like what I have to say, you don't have to read it. ....
Just as you don't have to read my responses to you.

.... If you want to stick up for your personal friends, I applaud you for your convictions. However, that does NOT give you the right to try to muzzle me or my opinions. You and I have disagreed on much and have always (mostly) done it in a civil manner. Cali-G and I disagree in a different way as she rubs me the wrong way. Simple as that.
Funny thing is, your opinion of the actual topic and mine are likely not all that dissimilar, so whatever muzzling I'm doing on your opinion of the actual topic is completely imagined on your part.

I AM muzzling in on both your opinion of her, which was gratuitous, and the lazy tactic you employed - personal attack of one who didn't even attack you. You don't like that. Too bad. Don't read my response to it.

As I already stated to Cali-G and YOU, if you don't like what I have to say, you don't have to read it. ....

.... If you want to stick up for your personal friends, I applaud you for your convictions. However, that does NOT give you the right to try to muzzle me or my opinions. You and I have disagreed on much and have always (mostly) done it in a civil manner. Cali-G and I disagree in a different way as she rubs me the wrong way. Simple as that.
Funny thing is, your opinion of the actual topic and mine are likely not all that dissimilar, so whatever muzzling I'm doing on your opinion of the actual topic is completely imagined on your part.

I AM muzzling in on both your opinion of her, which was gratuitous, and the lazy tactic you employed - personal attack of one who didn't even attack you. You don't like that. Too bad. Don't read my response to it.

Fair enough. How do you spell "harrumph"?

Fair enough. How do you spell "harrumph"?
:lol: I think that spelling is acceptable. :cool:

That's what happens when a white male dominated party thinks they can throw just any female into their political arena and they will be accepted by all female voters. It's called backlash.
The best part is they thought that Palin would get all the Hilary supporters. I am guessing Hilary's women supporters are quite a bit different from Palin supporters.

Right. One group is empowered, the other is just being used.

Yeah, she is just horrible.....:lol: A best selling book, a loving family, money in the bank, power, influence. Yep, she's real worried about what liberals think of her!! :lol:
Yes, she is a very successful woman; more power to her.

And if she had a left wing political outlook with nothing else different, she would have taken over Hillary's spot and she would be a media darling.

Forum List

Back