Woman tells police not to arrest her because she's a 'clean, thoroughbred, white girl'

Did she just "play the race card"? Sure there's no such thing as "white priviledge"...
not
Woman tells police not to arrest her because she's a 'clean, thoroughbred, white girl'

ATLANTA (AP) — A woman seen speeding through a stop sign at 60 mph (97 kph) told officers they shouldn't arrest her because she's a "very clean, thoroughbred, white girl," police said.

Her eyes glossy and bloodshot, Lauren Elizabeth Cutshaw was slurring her words and a breathalyzer showed her blood-alcohol level at .18 percent, according to police in Bluffton, South Carolina.

But Cutshaw, 32, told the arresting officer she shouldn't be jailed because she was a cheerleader, a dancer and a sorority girl who graduated from a "high accredited university."

Taken to the police station in handcuffs, she described herself as a white "thoroughbred" and "went on to say 'I'm a white, clean girl,'" the officer wrote in his report.

"I asked what that had to do with anything?" wrote the officer, who also is white.

She replied, "You're a cop, you should know what that means," and, "You're a cop, you should know based on the people that come in this room."

Also, "she repeatedly stated, 'my partner is a cop,'" and said she'd been trying to get to her boyfriend's house when she was pulled over early Saturday.​

This story has made the rounds since early August.

Also, we're not horses, for the love of Pete.

Did she just "play the race card"? Sure there's no such thing as "white priviledge"...
not

ATLANTA (AP) — A woman seen speeding through a stop sign at 60 mph (97 kph) told officers they shouldn't arrest her because she's a "very clean, thoroughbred, white girl," police said.

Her eyes glossy and bloodshot, Lauren Elizabeth Cutshaw was slurring her words and a breathalyzer showed her blood-alcohol level at .18 percent, according to police in Bluffton, South Carolina.

But Cutshaw, 32, told the arresting officer she shouldn't be jailed because she was a cheerleader, a dancer and a sorority girl who graduated from a "high accredited university."

Taken to the police station in handcuffs, she described herself as a white "thoroughbred" and "went on to say 'I'm a white, clean girl,'" the officer wrote in his report.

"I asked what that had to do with anything?" wrote the officer, who also is white.

She replied, "You're a cop, you should know what that means," and, "You're a cop, you should know based on the people that come in this room."

Also, "she repeatedly stated, 'my partner is a cop,'" and said she'd been trying to get to her boyfriend's house when she was pulled over early Saturday.​
OK. Can we send Hillary to prison now?

not

So the ravings of a very drunk person, who was arrested and processed anyway, proves 'white privilege' is real?

roflmao

So the ravings of a very drunk person, who was arrested and processed anyway, proves 'white privilege' is real?

roflmao
Apparently she thought it was real otherwise why would she have attempted to assert it if she didn't think it was something to which she was entitled BECAUSE she's a .....white girl.

If you all weren't so anal retentive you would have picked up on the play on words. Then again maybe not.

roflmao
Apparently she thought it was real otherwise why would she have attempted to assert it if she didn't think it was something to which she was entitled BECAUSE she's a .....white girl.

If you all weren't so anal retentive you would have picked up on the play on words. Then again maybe not.
You're black buttercup, and nothing is going to change that; shit roll of the dice I guess.

roflmao

I'm sorry, but some drunken idiot trying to use white privilege to get out of legal trouble, and having it fail completely, is just not a good example of white privilege. Differences in arrest/conviction rates, videos of whites with guns being treated respectfully and calmly by police compared to minorities being shot, people having police called on them for being black, there are all sorts of examples you could choose from that actually point to white privilege. :dunno:

LOL never have I gotten special treatment from a cop, even when I was 19 wearing revealing clothing and crying genuine tears. The WHITE cops couldn’t have cared less.

not

Obviously a democrat.

not

Yes this story refutes the notion of white privilege.

Trying to play the white person race card to avoid arrest could only be considered white privilege if it worked.

It did not work and believing one has white privilege does not mean it exists.

There is an old quote that says "In vino, veritas", which is Latin for "in wine, truth", meaning that people will say what they REALLY think when they are buzzed or drunk. Why? It's because your inhibitions drop when you drink alcohol.

So, she must have felt deep down that there was something like white privilege that existed, because she was talking like she thought it was real.

Forum List

Back