Woman Removed From Plane to Make Room for Overweight Teen

Where did it say the teen didn't pay for the second seat? From what I know, they usually have to pay to for the second seat. on the reality show that followed Southwest, I saw them charge a few passengers for extra seats because they were too big. So I would like to see where the teen wasn't charged for the extra seat.

I believe if you follow the link in the OP article it takes you to a longer story that has a video. I think the video states that the teen did not have to pay for the extra seat.

That surprises me.

Immie

Where did it say the teen didn't pay for the second seat? From what I know, they usually have to pay to for the second seat. on the reality show that followed Southwest, I saw them charge a few passengers for extra seats because they were too big. So I would like to see where the teen wasn't charged for the extra seat.

I believe if you follow the link in the OP article it takes you to a longer story that has a video. I think the video states that the teen did not have to pay for the extra seat.

That surprises me.

Immie

maybe it is because she is under 18?

That surprises me.

Immie

maybe it is because she is under 18?

It was a he and I still think they would have charged his parents.

Also, the story says he did not pay for the extra seat, that doesn't mean the airline didn't charge the parents for it. He showed up late (I wonder if that was by design) and was flying alone. They may not have had much choice.

If the parents were already gone, they could not risk removing a minor from the flight and causing a panic on the other end. It seems to me, like Southwest did about the only thing they could have done at the time.

Immie

The Dallas-based airline confirmed that Southwest representatives asked the 5-foot, 4-inch woman, weighing 110 pounds, to get off the flight. She was flying standby from Las Vegas to Sacramento and had paid the full fare for the last available seat on the plane.
The woman said she had just sat down only to be told she would have to exit the plane immediately to make room for the 14-year-old who needed two seats.

Blame capitalism. Fewer flights with more seats crammed into the airplane mean someone's going to be unhappy. It's time to re-regulate the air transportation industry.

Yeah, the government could clean up the industry with 40-50 more regulations for air travel. I see you have a government regulation crutch, joe.

Blame capitalism. Fewer flights with more seats crammed into the airplane mean someone's going to be unhappy. It's time to re-regulate the air transportation industry.

Yeah, the government could clean up the industry with 40-50 more regulations for air travel. I see you have a government regulation crutch, joe.

Government regulation isn't a crutch. It's the solid foundation of a fair economy.

Bottom line is, the airline doesn't owe a standby customer a seat. They do their best. The kid was a minor and they did the right thing by giving him the room he needed, whether he paid for his seat or not. Fortunately for him, the seat was available.

The obesity problem is getting worse in this country, we need to collectively improve our eating habits and become more active.

Government regulation isn't a crutch. It's the solid foundation of a fair economy.

Government isn't always the answer, joe. With you it seems to be, hence the crutch.

No, a fair economy is the government getting out of the way as much as possible and letting those who produce, produce and letting those who fail, fail. I imagine you would be in the latter group since you don't seem to have any ambition to take care of yourself. You are not entitled to anything you didn't earn and the realization of that is a sign of maturity, but some people never grow up.

No, a fair economy is the government getting out of the way as much as possible and letting those who produce, produce and letting those who fail, fail. I imagine you would be in the latter group since you don't seem to have any ambition to take care of yourself. You are not entitled to anything you didn't earn and the realization of that is a sign of maturity, but some people never grow up.

Exactly. Some never grow-up; for instance, those who believe an economy without government regulation will be fair. We've tried it. It doesn't work. Eventually capitalists run the economy for their exclusive benefit. Everyone else becomes their slaves.

Forum List

Back