Woman hiding with kids shoots intruder

The revolver saved her life and the life of her children. I'd say it did a pretty good job.

You guys may as well hang this thread up. It has acheived the opposite of what the op intended.

I didn't read anything within the article which led me to believe that the woman or her children's lives were in any danger. There was no statement included by the woman where she claimed that he either threatened them or took any provocative action.

Good point. We don't know the full story. But let's assume she was justified in the shooting. The gun nuts here would have you believe that even though she saved the lives of herself and her children, and the perp is in the hospital and may not survive the night, it would have been better if she had an assault rifle with an extended mag.

They just get pumped up at the idea of legally killing someone. It's blood lust. Wouldn't surprise me if that's what motivated George Zimmerman.

I didn't read anything within the article which led me to believe that the woman or her children's lives were in any danger. There was no statement included by the woman where she claimed that he either threatened them or took any provocative action.

Good point. We don't know the full story. But let's assume she was justified in the shooting. The gun nuts here would have you believe that even though she saved the lives of herself and her children, and the perp is in the hospital and may not survive the night, it would have been better if she had an assault rifle with an extended mag.

They just get pumped up at the idea of legally killing someone. It's blood lust. Wouldn't surprise me if that's what motivated George Zimmerman.

that's the reason legal gun owners are storming the country shooting everybody. Not.

You libberhoid armchair psychologists crack me up!

I pray to God that I never have to point a weapon at ANYONE, and thankfully 54 years in and I haven't had to yet. But you fucks can die and go straight to Hell if you think you're going to limit my ability to do JUST THAT should the need ever arise.

I used to live in Loganville, and it's a good damned thing this asshole didn't try to come into MY house, we'd still be mopping up the pieces of his nasty Atlanta ass.

It's amazing what a dozen dimes will do to a man coming out the barrel of a 12 gauge shotgun...

that's the reason legal gun owners are storming the country shooting everybody. Not.

Anyone (in this case, George Zimmerman) who wanders around his neighborhood at night dark with a concealed handgun and ends up shooting a minor who's only offense is that he was running an errand after dark is certainly someone who was looking for trouble. Unfortunately, there are way TOO MANY people who adopt the attitude that they can respond with lethal force at just the slightest perceived provocation and the law should back them up.

A lot of innocent people are going to die if we ban guns. The left has enough blood on its hands...

Are you posting from a mental hospital?? If not, you should be. You're nuttier than a friggin' Christmas fruitcake.

$everyone-loves-this-fruitcake-590.jpg

I pray to God that I never have to point a weapon at ANYONE, and thankfully 54 years in and I haven't had to yet. But you fucks can die and go straight to Hell if you think you're going to limit my ability to do JUST THAT should the need ever arise.

I used to live in Loganville, and it's a good damned thing this asshole didn't try to come into MY house, we'd still be mopping up the pieces of his nasty Atlanta ass.

It's amazing what a dozen dimes will do to a man coming out the barrel of a 12 gauge shotgun...

You think those Militia types running around in the woods in camouflage fatigues with their AR-15's aren't living out some kind of fantasy life?

Anyone (in this case, George Zimmerman) who wanders around his neighborhood at night dark with a concealed handgun and ends up shooting a minor who's only offense is that he was running an errand after dark is certainly someone who was looking for trouble. Unfortunately, there are way TOO MANY people who adopt the attitude that they can respond with lethal force at just the slightest perceived provocation and the law should back them up.

so you have appointed yourself the judge in the Zimmerman case. I guess there is no need for our judicial system, with armchair quarterbacks, such as yourself, now is there?
In 2011 34% of adults in the United States personally owned a gun;
from wiki
Seems if that were truly the case, as you judged it to be, there would be many more of those, now wouldn't there?

The revolver saved her life and the life of her children. I'd say it did a pretty good job.

You guys may as well hang this thread up. It has acheived the opposite of what the op intended.

This leads me to believe that harm was intended:

'Slater was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center and is expected to survive, the sheriff said.

The Long Island native, who now lives in Gwinnett County, was released from the Gwinnett jail in late August after serving six months for simple battery and three counts of probation violation. Slater has six other arrests in Gwinnett dating back to 2008, according to jail records.'

You think those Militia types running around in the woods in camouflage fatigues with their AR-15's aren't living out some kind of fantasy life?

Yep, the news is just full everyday of those militia types knocking off anyone that moves. :eusa_boohoo:

This leads me to believe that harm was intended:

'Slater was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center and is expected to survive, the sheriff said.

The Long Island native, who now lives in Gwinnett County, was released from the Gwinnett jail in late August after serving six months for simple battery and three counts of probation violation. Slater has six other arrests in Gwinnett dating back to 2008, according to jail records.'

they don't care about those facts. I posted the same, yet they totally ignored them.

:lmao:

Yeah, breaking into a home by breaking a window with a crowbar isn't provocative in any way....

Only in Crazyland, that is.

:cuckoo:

In stories like this, it's frequently (yet, not always) true that what's left out of the story is more relevant that what's in the story. As you probably know, people lie all the time. And people are considerably more likely to lie if and when they have something to hide that could get them in big trouble. So, why is this woman going to hide in the attack when she has a gun? Perhaps she didn't know if he was armed? Perhaps there's more to the story than what was written about (which wasn't much).

Did they know one another? Why would he break into this house if he knew someone was home since breaking in was likely to result in the occupant calling the police, at least. Did she cry out that she had a gun? (wouldn't you do so if you thought that it might make the person leave?) Wouldn't the person hear (and perhaps even see) the woman and her kids running to the attic? And if he did, why would he still break in?

Perhaps there's nothing further to the story that's significant. But it seems suspicious that there's so much about the story that defies an explanation that makes sense given the sparse details included in the story.

Excuse me, she knew he was armed with a crow bar at minimum, and no it is not wise to warn someone who might have a gun, it gives away your position and removes the element of surprise, which could easily cost you your life.

Are you claiming they have 'blood lust'? Really?

You're fucking nuts, Mustang, or you've never been to a paintball competition.

Are you claiming they have 'blood lust'? Really?

You're fucking nuts, Mustang, or you've never been to a paintball competition.

I bet they dream of their names scrolling by (with a picture of them holding their weapon of choice) when the credits for "Red Dawn" roll at the end of the movie.

You guys need to read your own links before trying to use them as examples of the need for automatic or semi-automatic weapons or extended mags. The woman used a .38 revolver. Not an AR15. Not an extended mag.

She emptied the revolver hitting him all 6 times and he did not go down, getting the point yet pinhead?

Forum List

Back