Woman hiding with kids shoots intruder

You guys need to read your own links before trying to use them as examples of the need for automatic or semi-automatic weapons or extended mags. The woman used a .38 revolver. Not an AR15. Not an extended mag.
I don't know about you, but if a bad guy is going to have an AR-15, I want to have at least that.

Of course, there are laws controlling guns, so no way a bad guy is going to have an illegal gun.

No way.

You guys need to read your own links before trying to use them as examples of the need for automatic or semi-automatic weapons or extended mags. The woman used a .38 revolver. Not an AR15. Not an extended mag.
I don't know about you, but if a bad guy is going to have an AR-15, I want to have at least that.

Of course, there are laws controlling guns, so no way a bad guy is going to have an illegal gun.

No way.

My 12-gauge will suffice.

Had she had 15 rounds to work with the guy wouldnt have walked away. Hence the need for a higher capacity gun. Or a 44 mag.

No way.

Took the plug out, didjya? :thup:

No way.

That's your preference and your right. The rest of us are free to choose also. You don't get to decide how I choose to arm and defend myself and my daughter.

The revolver saved her life and the life of her children. I'd say it did a pretty good job.

You guys may as well hang this thread up. It has acheived the opposite of what the op intended.

You did read the article, right?

The intruder attempted to flee in his car but crashed into a wooded area and collapsed in a nearby driveway, Chapman said.

9 more slugs and this wouldn't have happened. What if he'd run over a couple kids while "attempting to flee"?

Would you still have the same opinion?

So, everybody should have autos with extended clips in case the 6 slugs from a revolver doesn't kill a criminal on the spot?

I knew you would eventually figure it out. But you're pretty slow even for a lib.

A revolver already did the trick

The revolver FAILED, Yussef, the criminal still LIVES!

The revolver saved her life and the life of her children. I'd say it did a pretty good job.

You guys may as well hang this thread up. It has acheived the opposite of what the op intended.

I didn't read anything within the article which led me to believe that the woman or her children's lives were in any danger. There was no statement included by the woman where she claimed that he either threatened them or took any provocative action.

I didn't read anything within the article which led me to believe that the woman or her children's lives were in any danger. There was no statement included by the woman where she claimed that he either threatened them or took any provocative action.
:lmao:

Yeah, breaking into a home by breaking a window with a crowbar isn't provocative in any way....

Only in Crazyland, that is.

:cuckoo:

Liberals only want their fellow criminals to have guns and to run for political office when they get out of jail for murder.....

As a petite single mother if you break in to my home through a window you're a dead ass, END OF STORY. This mother had every right to defend herself and her children. Women are smaller and need an equalizer.

Yeah, breaking into a home by breaking a window with a crowbar isn't provocative in any way....

In stories like this, it's frequently (yet, not always) true that what's left out of the story is more relevant that what's in the story. As you probably know, people lie all the time. And people are considerably more likely to lie if and when they have something to hide that could get them in big trouble. So, why is this woman going to hide in the attack when she has a gun? Perhaps she didn't know if he was armed? Perhaps there's more to the story than what was written about (which wasn't much).

Did they know one another? Why would he break into this house if he knew someone was home since breaking in was likely to result in the occupant calling the police, at least. Did she cry out that she had a gun? (wouldn't you do so if you thought that it might make the person leave?) Wouldn't the person hear (and perhaps even see) the woman and her kids running to the attic? And if he did, why would he still break in?

Perhaps there's nothing further to the story that's significant. But it seems suspicious that there's so much about the story that defies an explanation that makes sense given the sparse details included in the story.

In stories like this, it's frequently (yet, not always) true that what's left out of the story is more relevant that what's in the story. As you probably know, people lie all the time. And people are considerably more likely to lie if and when they have something to hide that could get them in big trouble. So, why is this woman going to hide in the attack when she has a gun? Perhaps she didn't know if he was armed? Perhaps there's more to the story than what was written about (which wasn't much).

Did they know one another? Why would he break into this house if he knew someone was home since breaking in was likely to result in the occupant calling the police, at least. Did she cry out that she had a gun? (wouldn't you do so if you thought that it might make the person leave?) Wouldn't the person hear (and perhaps even see) the woman and her kids running to the attic? And if he did, why would he still break in?

Perhaps there's nothing further to the story that's significant. But it seems suspicious that there's so much about the story that defies an explanation that makes sense given the sparse details included in the story.

^^^ Typical leftist looking to blame the victim.. making up all kinds of BS to try and support his Anti-Constitutional gun grabbing position. DISGUSTING.

^^^ Typical leftist looking to blame the victim.. making up all kinds of BS to try and support his Anti-Constitutional gun grabbing position. DISGUSTING.

I haven't blamed anyone for anything. I just hope the police conduct a full investigation.

I haven't blamed anyone for anything. I just hope the police conduct a full investigation.

You were ATTEMPTING to do just that with lies and propaganda.. If you're going to have the balls to accuse a single mother of something sinister by protecting her children, HAVE THE DAMN GUTS to admit it liberal.

Breaking into her home uninvited doesn't qualify as 'threatening' or 'provocative'?

Only in Libtardland...

Yeah, the fact that this guy has a rap sheet for battery dating back to 2008 is irrelevant, too.

It's the victim's fault...must be, cuz guns are "evil".

Of course. We all need to know how breaking a window of a home with a crowbar and entering the home and seeking out a mother and two kids in hiding in that home is justified by the guy who got shot.

I'm still trying to figure out how you survive 6 shots from a .38
Dude must be inhuman or something. I've seen a revolver take down boars in 2 or 3 shots.

A lot of it depends on the caliber.

You can get a 44 magnum too.

Forum List

Back