Woman Denies Rumors of Kerry Affair

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Does anyone else think it's odd that her parents told reporters just 2 days ago that Kerry was a "sleazeball" and now they deny there was any affair and they insist they are going to vote for him? That's quite a turnaround in 48 hours! Oh well, so much for the drama!

NAIROBI, Kenya - A woman who has been the subject of rumors linking her to Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites) denied Monday that she ever had an affair with the Democratic presidential candidate.

Breaking her silence four days after the allegations surfaced on the Internet, Alexandra Polier issued a statement to The Associated Press, saying, "I have never had a relationship with Senator Kerry, and the rumors in the press are completely false."

Kerry already has denied reports that he had an extramarital affair. On Monday, his campaign said he would have no further comment.

Polier's statement was released to the AP in Nairobi, where the 27-year-old freelance journalist is visiting the parents of her fiance, Yaron Schwartzman, an Israeli who was raised in Kenya. She previously worked as an editorial assistant for the AP in New York.

"Whoever is spreading these rumors and allegations does not know me," Polier said, appealing to the media to respect her privacy and the privacy of her fiance and his family.

Polier also took issue with reports that referred to her as a former Kerry intern.

"I never interned or worked for John Kerry," she told AP over the phone.

In a separate statement, Polier's parents, Terry and Donna Polier of Malvern, Pa., dismissed the "completely false and unsubstantiated" allegations about their daughter.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040216/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_polier_1

This is all following a familiar route. Reminds me of the early days of Bubba and Harmonica, first the strong denial by both sides then the woman breaks down then the man fesses up. Just wonder if Kerry will realize that the wolves in the press will dig up the truth and will he be smarter than Bubba and fess up before that happens.

This is all following a familiar route. Reminds me of the early days of Bubba and Harmonica, first the strong denial by both sides then the woman breaks down then the man fesses up. Just wonder if Kerry will realize that the wolves in the press will dig up the truth and will he be smarter than Bubba and fess up before that happens.

then they are both LIARS. name me a politician that DOESN'T LIE.

glad to know all the hype was simply that. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by spillmind
then they are both LIARS. name me a politician that DOESN'T LIE.

glad to know all the hype was simply that. :rolleyes:

Funny how you're are so quick to just let it drop. Did you really think everyone was going to sit down and announce what happened to the world? I'd really love to know what transpired in the past 48 hours to have the parents going from calling him a sleazeball and now insisting they'll vote for him. They said Kerry did in fact pursue their daughter originally as well! Sure are some strange parents!

Funny how you're are so quick to just let it drop. Did you really think everyone was going to sit down and announce what happened to the world? I'd really love to know what transpired in the past 48 hours to have the parents going from calling him a sleazeball and now insisting they'll vote for him. They said Kerry did in fact pursue their daughter originally as well! Sure are some strange parents!

Perhaps they were after their 15 minutes of fame. Drudge himself is saying that the girl really may have been having an affair with someone around kerry, not kerry himself.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Funny how you're are so quick to just let it drop.

I'm glad to let it drop, but not because I favor Kerry over Bush. I want to see this dropped so the two of them can debate national security instead of spending the next eight months defending themselves against scandal and/or bickering over 30-year-old military records, so the voting public won't be completely clueless as to what either candidate is about come election day. I guess that would be too sensible, though. :rolleyes:

I'm glad to let it drop, but not because I favor Kerry over Bush. I want to see this dropped so the two of them can debate national security instead of spending the next eight months defending themselves against scandal and/or bickering over 30-year-old military records, so the voting public won't be completely clueless as to what either candidate is about come election day. I guess that would be too sensible, though.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ive got three words for kerry if he wants to debate bush on national security
"Bring It ON!!!":clap1:

I listened to talk radio the day the Drudge report with this gossip came out, and all the right-wingers from Rush to Hannity were gloating and giggling. I didn't get to listen after the gossip was debunked. I'm sure it wasn't mentioned, after all we know the right is never wrong about anything.

acludem

Originally posted by acludem
I'm sure it wasn't mentioned, after all we know the right is never wrong about anything.

Well then I'm sure you weren't bright enough to listen to any stations or visit Drudge Report when they retracted the story and published Kerry and the interns words.

You would have been better off saying you aren't right about anything, as usual.

Dear acludem,
obviously by your name alone i can assume you'll flip sides to suit you felling fo rhte day. 2nd I am wondering do you read the news and watch TV becaue you always seem to be a few days behind the heaslines. you bitch at us conservatives saying we know nothing yet you, repetedly have shown that you sir, Know nothing.
Just something to think about next time you post a message acussing the right of fabrications and lies.

To be honest, I am not interested in who John Kerry had an affair with. Quite frankly I really wouldn't blame him anymore than I would blame Bill Clinton for cheating on his wife.

There seems to be little interest on my part towards John Kerry. As I wrote in a previous post, I know (by george do I know) that he served in the Vietnam war (again and again and again) and that he supposidly had an affair with someone. What else is there?

My comment was directed at right-wing talk radio (Rush Limbaugh, Neal Boortz and Sean Hannity who I listened to that day in particular). As I said, I didn't get to listen when the story was retracted by Drudge to see if they reported it, I assume, based upon my own knowledge of how these people operate that if they did mention the retraction it was in passing for a period of two seconds, rather than the hours they spent gloating over the story when it came out. If I am wrong about this, then so be it. The only talk radio I listen to regularly is a local show and Tony Kornheiser who is a sports/talk host on ESPN radio. Neither of these shows reported the story (or should I say false rumor) at all. Please read my entire message next time before flaming me, and btw, I never claimed the right knows nothing, nor did I ever claim to know everything. I also naver "accused the right of fabrications and lies", I did accuse and stand by it because I heard it, the three above mentioned talk radio hosts of gloating over a rumor as if it was fact.

acludem

I think whats really suspicious is that both sides are so quick to deny what the mainstream media seems to refuse to ask. If its not true, why deny the allegations when the media doesnt ask you about them? Kerry brought more attention to the matter denying the affair then the media gave it before. Makes me wonder what is really going on in this.

I also things its rather funny that they are trying to pass this off as a Republican attack on Kerry when its Clark that leaked it to the press.

My comment was directed at right-wing talk radio (Rush Limbaugh, Neal Boortz and Sean Hannity who I listened to that day in particular). As I said, I didn't get to listen when the story was retracted by Drudge to see if they reported it, I assume, based upon my own knowledge of how these people operate that if they did mention the retraction it was in passing for a period of two seconds, rather than the hours they spent gloating over the story when it came out. If I am wrong about this, then so be it. The only talk radio I listen to regularly is a local show and Tony Kornheiser who is a sports/talk host on ESPN radio. Neither of these shows reported the story (or should I say false rumor) at all. Please read my entire message next time before flaming me, and btw, I never claimed the right knows nothing, nor did I ever claim to know everything. I also naver "accused the right of fabrications and lies", I did accuse and stand by it because I heard it, the three above mentioned talk radio hosts of gloating over a rumor as if it was fact.

I didn't get to listen after the gossip was debunked.

Please have knowledge of what you speak of in the future before looking foolish.

So don't keep me in suspense...what did Hannity, Limbaugh and Boortz have to say when the rumor was proven to be hogwash?
Was I wrong? If I was, I'll happily admit I was, and I'll have newfound respect for any of these three that actually apologized for gloating over this nonsense.

acludem

The family was obviously paid off. I can't prove it though. we all know the truth.

One day he is a "sleazeball" and 2 days later they love Kerry and vow to vote for him. Very odd.

Forum List

Back