Woman Denies Rumors of Kerry Affair

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jimnyc, Feb 16, 2004.

1. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Does anyone else think it's odd that her parents told reporters just 2 days ago that Kerry was a "sleazeball" and now they deny there was any affair and they insist they are going to vote for him? That's quite a turnaround in 48 hours! Oh well, so much for the drama!

NAIROBI, Kenya - A woman who has been the subject of rumors linking her to Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites) denied Monday that she ever had an affair with the Democratic presidential candidate.

Breaking her silence four days after the allegations surfaced on the Internet, Alexandra Polier issued a statement to The Associated Press, saying, "I have never had a relationship with Senator Kerry, and the rumors in the press are completely false."

Kerry already has denied reports that he had an extramarital affair. On Monday, his campaign said he would have no further comment.

Polier's statement was released to the AP in Nairobi, where the 27-year-old freelance journalist is visiting the parents of her fiance, Yaron Schwartzman, an Israeli who was raised in Kenya. She previously worked as an editorial assistant for the AP in New York.

"Whoever is spreading these rumors and allegations does not know me," Polier said, appealing to the media to respect her privacy and the privacy of her fiance and his family.

Polier also took issue with reports that referred to her as a former Kerry intern.

"I never interned or worked for John Kerry," she told AP over the phone.

In a separate statement, Polier's parents, Terry and Donna Polier of Malvern, Pa., dismissed the "completely false and unsubstantiated" allegations about their daughter.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040216/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_polier_1

2. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    This is all following a familiar route. Reminds me of the early days of Bubba and Harmonica, first the strong denial by both sides then the woman breaks down then the man fesses up. Just wonder if Kerry will realize that the wolves in the press will dig up the truth and will he be smarter than Bubba and fess up before that happens.

3. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    then they are both LIARS. name me a politician that DOESN'T LIE.

glad to know all the hype was simply that. :rolleyes:

4. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Funny how you're are so quick to just let it drop. Did you really think everyone was going to sit down and announce what happened to the world? I'd really love to know what transpired in the past 48 hours to have the parents going from calling him a sleazeball and now insisting they'll vote for him. They said Kerry did in fact pursue their daughter originally as well! Sure are some strange parents!

5. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Perhaps they were after their 15 minutes of fame. Drudge himself is saying that the girl really may have been having an affair with someone around kerry, not kerry himself.

6. SinisterMotives

SinisterMotives Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm glad to let it drop, but not because I favor Kerry over Bush. I want to see this dropped so the two of them can debate national security instead of spending the next eight months defending themselves against scandal and/or bickering over 30-year-old military records, so the voting public won't be completely clueless as to what either candidate is about come election day. I guess that would be too sensible, though. :rolleyes:

7. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

8. kcmcdonald

kcmcdonald Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive got three words for kerry if he wants to debate bush on national security
    "Bring It ON!!!":clap1:

9. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I listened to talk radio the day the Drudge report with this gossip came out, and all the right-wingers from Rush to Hannity were gloating and giggling. I didn't get to listen after the gossip was debunked. I'm sure it wasn't mentioned, after all we know the right is never wrong about anything.

acludem

10. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Well then I'm sure you weren't bright enough to listen to any stations or visit Drudge Report when they retracted the story and published Kerry and the interns words.

You would have been better off saying you aren't right about anything, as usual.