Woman Dead in Bed 8 Months Despite Daily Visits

☭proletarian☭;1815814 said:
Hey, Xotoxi...

Shutup or I'm not giving the next dead chick's desserts.

hater...

You were just there because you liked to eat the old lady's pudding.

☭proletarian☭;1815346 said:
Were they Conservatives or Liberals?

Does it matter?
It does to the Conservatives.
Because if it turns out her caretakers were liberals, they (the Cons) will be all over this story crying this is proof liberals hate the elderly and want death panels.

But they are worried the caretakers might be conservatives, so they (the Cons) hold back till they can be sure.

Dumb Ass.

One of the carols, and old favorite. Here is the way the kids sang it:

Oh Christmas tree oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree oh Christmas tree. Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree. Oh Christmas TREE, Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas TREE oh Christmas tree...Oh Christmas tree oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree oh Christmas tree.

And deck the halls:

Deck the halls with balls of holly........

I kid you not.
:lol:

My grandson was singing 'Jingle Bells' for his school's Christmas / holiday extravaganza. He got stuck in a loop, tho'

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way! Oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh --- HEY! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way! Oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh --- HEY! Jingle bells, jingle bells ... (lather, rinse, repeat)

You guys are jumping to conclusions.

What if the old lady had acted no differently in the last 8 months than in the preceding 2 or 3 months?

You don't think she shed a few skin cells?

Actually, it seems to me (my failed attempt at trying to lighten this thread up a bit notwithstanding) that she probably would have started to decompose and there would have been some "scent" in the air and that somebody SHOULD have seen to it that she was eating and drinking and -- spitballing here -- conscious and maybe even shown some concern that she might be injured or getting bed sores.

It looks like they didn't even bother trying to talk with her. That might have provided an important clue that something was amiss.

So, yeah. I actually do suspect that some of the folks in this story do need a little attention from law enforcement.

Ghoulish story.

Don't underestimate how stupid some people can be.

I had a patient die, and called the wife to tell her he'd passed. She indicated she'd be right in. Shortly thereafter, a ton of people came barreling down the hall. At least a couple dozen of 'em, from kids up to some older folks. They all went into his room and just sat and stood there, surrounding his bed, staring at him.

After a long time, a couple of them came out and asked me what was his condition.

I was stunned.

I told them his condition was 'dead'.

They just shrugged and said, "Well, we thought something was different." And then they all left.

'course, eight months is a bit of a stretch...

Actually, it seems to me (my failed attempt at trying to lighten this thread up a bit notwithstanding) that she probably would have started to decompose and there would have been some "scent" in the air and that somebody SHOULD have seen to it that she was eating and drinking and -- spitballing here -- conscious and maybe even shown some concern that she might be injured or getting bed sores.

It looks like they didn't even bother trying to talk with her. That might have provided an important clue that something was amiss.

So, yeah. I actually do suspect that some of the folks in this story do need a little attention from law enforcement.

Ghoulish story.

I had a patient die, and called the wife to tell her he'd passed. She indicated she'd be right in. Shortly thereafter, a ton of people came barreling down the hall. At least a couple dozen of 'em, from kids up to some older folks. They all went into his room and just sat and stood there, surrounding his bed, staring at him.

After a long time, a couple of them came out and asked me what was his condition.

I was stunned.

They just shrugged and said, "Well, we thought something was different." And then they all left.

LOL!

I know. I know. It's not polite to laugh at something that "ill." But that's a funny story!

His condition is -- dead. And you DID pause between the "is" and the word "dead" I bet!

:lol::lol::lol:

Remind me to + Rep you for that one.

Last edited:

Ghoulish story.

I was stunned.

Are you serious?

Now that is what I call a 'close knit family!'

Ghoulish story.

I was stunned.

LOL!

I know. I know. It's not polite to laugh at something that "ill." But that's a funny story!

His condition is -- dead. And you DID pause between the "is" and the word "dead" I bet!

Remind me to + Rep you for that one.
I have to laugh bro or I'd cry....

Maybe the coroner got the time of death wrong?

I mean what is the difference between 8 hours and 8 months? :eusa_whistle:

Immie

Are you serious?

As a heart attack LOL
That is simply amazing.....It takes all sorts I suppose.

People often will put their old folks into a nursing home, and have never in their lives witnessed a death or often even a dead body. Then grandma or uncle bill or mom is dying, the nursing home comes, they come, and I've seen them completely baffled, and angry, too. They haven't visited in 15 years, and they see this person chattering, staring, plucking at the covers and they're like "Omg, DO something!!" It's like, what do you want us to do? Just off the old fart? He's DYING.

Good Lord!! How could anyone not smell the stench of decomp? If they didn't know it was decomp you'd think someone would have at least gone in and checked her underwear for poop.

If this was the caretaker treatment she was getting while she was still alive I think everybody should go down on elder abuse charges as well. No one fed her? No one changed the sheets? No one bathed her or changed her clothes? No one checked on her or spoke to her?

Because 'they' smelled worse? :lol: Ewwwwwww

NC woman accused after woman found dead in house

By KEVIN MAURER and ALYSIA PATTERSON (AP) – 15 hours ago

WILMINGTON, N.C. — Authorities say a North Carolina family failed to report the death of an elderly relative who lived in their home, leaving her body in her bed for months.

New Hanover County District Attorney Ben David told a Wednesday news conference that a concealment of death charge would be filed against the woman's daughter, although he declined to identify her by name.

The Associated Press: NC woman accused after woman found dead in house

I think they should charge with more than concealment.

WILMINGTON, N.C. — The body of an elderly woman remained in her bed for up to eight months even though caretakers paid daily visits to the house and kept it tidy, authorities said Wednesday.

Sheriff's deputies were investigating the suspicious death of Blanche Matilda Roth after the corpse was found in her suburban home in Wilmington, on the Atlantic coast, on Tuesday following a call to 911.

New Hanover County Deputy Charles Smith said Roth likely died in May, before her 88th birthday in September. Her body was found after the 911 caller, whose identity was being withheld by authorities, reported that an elderly woman in the home was unconscious and not breathing.

Smith said caretakers had been going in and out of the house on a quiet cul-de-sac on a daily basis. He would not specify if the caretakers were family members but said they were not nurses. At least four other people also lived in the house, a neighbor said.

Failure to report a death is a felony in North Carolina.

Unconcious, not breathing, and decomposing.

Gee, I wonder what tipped them off.

Her body was found after the 911 caller, whose identity was being withheld by authorities, reported that an elderly woman in the home was unconscious and not breathing.

Unconscious and not breathing? He didn't report she was . . . . decomposing??? Wtf? They didn't notice she was dead? <sniff, sniff> Something stinks and it isn't the dead woman.

Some very very old women are so undernourished and dry and dessicated that depending on the environment in which they live (and die) there may not be a whole lotta decomposing going on.

Odd, but true.

No, the stench would come from when her internal organs, especially her bowels, started to autolyze and be broken down by bacteria. The stench of decay isn't form the body breaking down on it's own, it's from the bacteria breaking down amino acids to form "putrescine" and "cadaverine" which are the main culprits in the stench of decay. Decomposition can be delayed by cold, but not for 8 months.

It smells bad enough doing an autopsy on someone who has died within 24 hours. I can't imagine how badly this smelled.

Forum List

Back