Woman charged with murder by breastfeeding

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
I think this is outrageous.

Stephanie Greene is being charged with murder. Her crime? Breastfeeding her newborn.
The unexpected death of a 5 ½ - week-old infant is a mind-numbing tragedy. Facing murder charges in the face of that death is an inconceivable horror. Yet this is happening to Stephanie Greene, 37, a woman currently facing homicide by child abuse charges.
Stephanie lives in Campobello, South Carolina. Prosecutors allege that Stephanie took so much prescription medication that her daughter Alexis died of a morphine overdose ingested via breast milk. The coroner’s report shows the cause of death as drug overdose, because the infant had an elevated blood level of morphine. The case is complicated, because there is no question that Stephanie takes a significant amount of prescription medication for physical ailments (i.e. fibromyalgia, chronic pain, high blood pressure) resulting from a car accident, including MS Contin (a drug that metabolizes as morphine).

Murder by Nursing? | RH Reality Check

Morphine is considered safe by the American Academy of Pediatrics. When I read the story and saw she slept the baby I thought she suffocated accidently.

Morphine Breastfeeding Warnings

Morphine is excreted into human milk in trace amounts. Adverse effects in the nursing infant are unlikely. Morphine is considered compatible with breast-feeding by the American Academy of Pediatrics.

Morphine Use During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding | Drugs.com

What i see coming out of this is the mother suing the doctor and hospital who prescribed her the the morphine.......and making millions.

Two million people barely satisfy -

Two hundred women watch one woman cry... too late.

The eyes of honesty can achieve,

How many millions do we deceive

Each day?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIOT8qISH3A]Yes - Close To The Edge Live 1973 (complete) - YouTube[/ame]

Stephanie Greene is being charged with murder. Her crime? Breastfeeding her newborn.
The unexpected death of a 5 ½ - week-old infant is a mind-numbing tragedy. Facing murder charges in the face of that death is an inconceivable horror. Yet this is happening to Stephanie Greene, 37, a woman currently facing homicide by child abuse charges.
Stephanie lives in Campobello, South Carolina. Prosecutors allege that Stephanie took so much prescription medication that her daughter Alexis died of a morphine overdose ingested via breast milk. The coroner’s report shows the cause of death as drug overdose, because the infant had an elevated blood level of morphine. The case is complicated, because there is no question that Stephanie takes a significant amount of prescription medication for physical ailments (i.e. fibromyalgia, chronic pain, high blood pressure) resulting from a car accident, including MS Contin (a drug that metabolizes as morphine).

Morphine is considered safe by the American Academy of Pediatrics. When I read the story and saw she slept the baby I thought she suffocated accidently.

Morphine is excreted into human milk in trace amounts. Adverse effects in the nursing infant are unlikely. Morphine is considered compatible with breast-feeding by the American Academy of Pediatrics.

I would almost bet she was taking way more than was prescribed. Manslaughter charges would seem more appropriate than murder charges.

I would almost bet she was taking way more than was prescribed. Manslaughter charges would seem more appropriate than murder charges.

Did you read the story? The police and prosecutor admitted that they have records of all her prescriptions, that she bought them all at the same pharmacy, and that they have absolutely no evidence she abused the drugs. South Carolina sucks for drug laws, you are guilty of possession with intent to sell with over an ounce of marijuana, and under an ounce can still land you in jail for up to a year. Possession of any other drug is a felony offense.

Which idiot told her it was okay to breastfeed while taking that kind of medication?

Drugs should be legal, they don't hurt anyone.

That's a very biased-sounding article. Here's one that isn't clearly on the mother's side (although it may be on the side of the police)
Morphine in Woman's Breast Milk Kills Infant, Says Police - ABC News

According to this, there is evidence of her 'doctor shopping' and abusing prescriptions. I still don't know how I feel about murder charges based on breast feeding, but it paints a different picture.

As usual, waiting for more facts to come out seems appropriate.

I saw the headline and thought "She must have some angry titties".

Truth is, she'd be in the clear if she had tried to abort the little tyke. Obama wouldn't want anyone in her condition "punished with a baby".

Truth is, she'd be in the clear if she had tried to abort the little tyke. Obama wouldn't want anyone in her condition "punished with a baby".

or maybe you could have breast feed the child yourself.

or maybe you could have breast feed the child yourself.
Or maybe you could pull your lip over your head and swallow.

On the bright side, she won't be passing her propensity for drug use to another generation.

You left out an important fact windbag. She is also charged with 38 counts of prescription forgery. She was a depraved drug addict. Unintentional manslaughter would be my choice of charges and she will probably plead out to it..

Forum List

Back