Woman charged with murder by breastfeeding

That's a very biased-sounding article. Here's one that isn't clearly on the mother's side (although it may be on the side of the police)
Morphine in Woman's Breast Milk Kills Infant, Says Police - ABC News

According to this, there is evidence of her 'doctor shopping' and abusing prescriptions. I still don't know how I feel about murder charges based on breast feeding, but it paints a different picture.

As usual, waiting for more facts to come out seems appropriate.

The article I cited mentioned the police claims of doctor shopping. There is no actual evidence of it though.

You left out an important fact windbag. She is also charged with 38 counts of prescription forgery. She was a depraved drug addict. Unintentional manslaughter would be my choice of charges and she will probably plead out to it..

She is not charged with prescription forgery, she is charged with violating state drug distribution laws. I did not leave it out.

Which idiot told her it was okay to breastfeed while taking that kind of medication?

Drugs should be legal, they don't hurt anyone.

The American Academy of Pediatrics, among others.

They are probably referring to adult doses and not horse doses, which (due to tolerance) is what junkies are usually on.

Now she is a junky before she even goes to trial? What happened to innocent until proven guilty, does it not apply to you because you are infinitely smarter than average?

Which idiot told her it was okay to breastfeed while taking that kind of medication?

Drugs should be legal, they don't hurt anyone.

So that makes it okay?

If your friends jumped off a bridge would you to? I mean seriously, how about thinking for yourself? Self, is this safe for my baby?

I think asking for advice, something both her doctor and the nursing consultant from the hospital admit she did, indicates she was trying to make sure it was safe. That leaves the burden on the people who say she was wrong to prove she actually was.

So that makes it okay?

If your friends jumped off a bridge would you to? I mean seriously, how about thinking for yourself? Self, is this safe for my baby?

I think asking for advice, something both her doctor and the nursing consultant from the hospital admit she did, indicates she was trying to make sure it was safe. That leaves the burden on the people who say she was wrong to prove she actually was.

her baby died, ergo she was wrong.

So that makes it okay?

It's that simple? Every time a baby dies the parents are wrong?

It's that simple? Every time a baby dies the parents are wrong?

If it's due to their actions? Yes.

You left out an important fact windbag. She is also charged with 38 counts of prescription forgery. She was a depraved drug addict. Unintentional manslaughter would be my choice of charges and she will probably plead out to it..

She is not charged with prescription forgery, she is charged with violating state drug distribution laws. I did not leave it out.

She is charged with illegally obtaining morphine based drugs 38 times. The charges don't specify how but it's reasonable to assume she is alleged to have forged the prescriptions if she is charged with the crime. She lied to doctors that she wasn't on narcotic medication after she delivered the baby and nobody checked up on her. Clearly she was a depraved drug addict who could not think clearly and she killed her baby by illegally using drugs while nursing.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that children are always the result of an action of the parents.

Come on... we're talking about if their DEATH is a result of their parent's actions not their freaking very existence.

We are? Do you have something that shows something she did killed the child?

I've been in a few threads with you now, so I'm willing to write your ignorance in THIS thread off as being irrational because of the topic.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that children are always the result of an action of the parents.

Come on... we're talking about if their DEATH is a result of their parent's actions not their freaking very existence.

Well, according to the ME, the child died of morphine poisoning. Either she fed the child morphine directly, or it got it from her breast milk. Either way, she's at fault.

Well, according to the ME, the child died of morphine poisoning. Either she fed the child morphine directly, or it got it from her breast milk. Either way, she's at fault.

Not necessarily true. If she did not obtain the medication fraudulently or illegally AND her doctor and Nurses confirm she asked them if it was safe to breast feed while taking said medication and they told her it was safe ( which seems to be the case based on the Academy position on this issue) , then legally she is NOT at fault.

Now I have a simple question....

Are we seriously claiming that DA's have never made claims against people they charged with crimes that are simply not true nor supported by facts? I can think of several rather major cases of DA's actually LYING about charges. Of DA's fabricating charges. And of course we have the fact that not every defendant that has been accused and charged in our legal system has been found guilty.

We have 2 wildly different versions of the supposed facts in this thread.

I suggest we remember one is INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty. That in our legal system the prosecution must present evidence to support their claims and that the defendant does not have to present evidence to prove themselves innocent.

Not necessarily true. If she did not obtain the medication fraudulently or illegally AND her doctor and Nurses confirm she asked them if it was safe to breast feed while taking said medication and they told her it was safe ( which seems to be the case based on the Academy position on this issue) , then legally she is NOT at fault.

Now I have a simple question....

Are we seriously claiming that DA's have never made claims against people they charged with crimes that are simply not true nor supported by facts? I can think of several rather major cases of DA's actually LYING about charges. Of DA's fabricating charges. And of course we have the fact that not every defendant that has been accused and charged in our legal system has been found guilty.

We have 2 wildly different versions of the supposed facts in this thread.

I suggest we remember one is INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty. That in our legal system the prosecution must present evidence to support their claims and that the defendant does not have to present evidence to prove themselves innocent.

That only applies to the actual legal process. Outside that we are free to judge at any point. Dat bitch is guilty. :lol:

Or the ME is wrong, or even lying.

Please, do yourself a favor and do a modicum of research before you try to say MEs never lie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Hayne

They are probably referring to adult doses and not horse doses, which (due to tolerance) is what junkies are usually on.

Now she is a junky before she even goes to trial? What happened to innocent until proven guilty, does it not apply to you because you are infinitely smarter than average?

I am just pointing out some medical fact to you. Morphine is relatively safe when taken as directed. If you are taking a shit ton of it, then there is a potential that you could overdose a baby.

I surmise she is taking a shit ton due to the allegations of Dr. Shopping.

That being said, this could be SIDS and the positive tox could be incidental.

Forum List

Back