Woman Attacks 3 year Old for Kicking her Chair on a Plane

Or, maybe parents could be responsible for their children's behavior! Radical idea, I know, but maybe we should try that.
Very true, but the best is sometimes not always enough.

Those of us without children do not view other people's kids as special or cute. You bring up kids with no respect for other people and they become pretty fucking awful adults.
I have 3 kids and I don't like any kids or think any kids are cute but my own! :lol:

As a person who doesn't kids, as you admit you are, then you are ignorant to the fact that even the best behaved kids can have bad days, have meltdowns and hard to control!

Yup, just like grownups.

LOL, you do also realize that a kick to the chair can happen by accident. Especially if a car seat is used, there is little room. Parents need to control their kids and make them considerate of the people around them. However, adults must be adults!

Yes, as a matter of fact I do understand that fact well. Adults kick seats too. I am very polite with my first and second request. After that the gloves are off!;)

Note: My biggest problem with my daughter is not the screaming or kicking of chairs its rather she likes to run around. Part of the problem is we don't let our kids watch much TV (really its next to nothing), so they are very active and turning on a DVD doesn't apply to my daughter as much.

If your child is watching a DVD with earphones I dont have a problem with that at all. If your child is playing it at full blast sharing sponge bob with the rest of us, that I do have a problem with. I sit on the isles, if your child was running and bumping into me, trust me you would be hearing about it. ;)

I have flown with many children of all different ages who are just fine. I all depends on how they were brought up.

I've been in cars and planes, movies, etc.. with kids kicking my seat, I still am. My point was that you felt that was a good reason to hit the kid, you seemed vindicated.

When you take a child on a plane, car ride, restaurant, anywhere that they are expected to be still for hours, you'd better be a good enough parent to plan ahead. Keep them busy, play with them and take the focus away from messing with other people. Cards, books, activities...

Hitting them is easy and lazy.

YOU should have moved your seat.

Actually, I think the article says she "grabbed" the kid.

But still, you know, the THREE adults: Mother, Passenger, Flight attendent, outha be able to resolve the problem with a three year old?? For Christssakes? What a fucking bunch of tools. Maybe we should put them all in a jail cell for a week and see if they could figure it out?

No, I was talking about rdeans seat kicker and his father the bully.

Moved my seat? To where? Out on a wing?:ack-1:

But still, you know, the THREE adults: Mother, Passenger, Flight attendent, outha be able to resolve the problem with a three year old?? For Christssakes? What a fucking bunch of tools. Maybe we should put them all in a jail cell for a week and see if they could figure it out?

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

First, I blame the airlines for not removing the woman. She went over the line and deserved to be punished for it, regardless of the supposed "unruliness" of the child.
Second, you can tell from her motivation that she was looking for trouble, when she choose to not move seats when she was presented the choice.
Third, I blame the airlines for not forcing her to move if they were going to allow her on the plane.

I see it a bit differently.
First I blame the parent for not paying attention and allowing their child to assault another passenger.
Second, I blame the mother for not moving her child and herself to a different seat. She and her child were looking for a fight.
Third I blame the airline for not removing the child and its mother from the flight. Aslo for not upgrading the women to first class for her inconvenience.

I know that sounds harsh, but parents do not seem to understand that they are inflicting their darlings on others, and they are not haply, silently, smiling and taking it anymore.

I understand kids have bad days, but what part of that is my problem?

I have flown with many children of all different ages who are just fine. I all depends on how they were brought up. [/COLOR]

Indeed. Parents make all the difference.

A few years ago, I was on a return flight from Paris when a family with five young children took the seats in front of me. All the surrounding adults exchanged dismayed looks.

We were wrong. The children were incredibly well-behaved - and not in a passive, dumb way. The parents kept them involved with quiet activities, to the great appreciation of the other passengers.

I congratulated the parents for having such a lovely family - they deserved some acknowledgment.

Was this incident recent? LMAO I laugh because you could have had the man and his son removed in irons! He threatened you if you didn't notice. And trust me their would have been security on the other end marching him off.

Indeed. Parents make all the difference.
A few years ago, I was on a return flight from Paris when a family with five young children took the seats in front of me. All the surrounding adults exchanged dismayed looks.
We were wrong. The children were incredibly well-behaved - and not in a passive, dumb way. The parents kept them involved with quiet activities, to the great appreciation of the other passengers.
I congratulated the parents for having such a lovely family - they deserved some acknowledgment.

:clap2::clap2::clap2: I agree. I have see this many times myself. And smile.

Was this incident recent? LMAO I laugh because you could have had the man and his son removed in irons! He threatened you if you didn't notice. And trust me their would have been security on the other end marching him off.

This happened about three years ago and I was on my way to Reno to visit my sister whom I hadn't seen in a few years. I didn't want any problems. No diversions. I could have endured the kicking. I didn't know the father was the way he was until he asked me why I was talking to his son. I was very polite and quiet. I never like a scene. Besides, I certainly felt the intimidation. I'm not young. I've been accused of looking like "Santa", only "less".

Last edited by a moderator:
This happened about three years ago and I was on my way to Reno to visit my sister whom I hadn't seen in a few years. I didn't want any problems. No diversions. I could have endured the kicking. I didn't know the father was the way he was until he asked me why I was talking to his son. I was very polite and quiet. I never like a scene. Besides, I certainly felt the intimidation. I'm not young. I've been accused of looking like "Santa", only "less".

Understood. But three years ago is well after the zero tolerance came into effect. Hopefully in future you will not be so intimidated and shove crow down the next bullies throat!

We are only hearing one side of the story.

I've had a young child sit behind me and kick insistently during a flight - only to have the mother completely refuse to control said child after I politely asked her to intervene. After about an hour, I finally scolded the child myself. He stopped kicking and left me alone for the remainder of the flight.

I'm not condoning assaulting a child - but am questioning the mother's role in this incident.

Some parents are arrogant parents and do nothing. What you did was fine, but laying a hand on someone else's child is over the line!

I caught a kid falling out of the grocery cart because he was standing up and the parent refused to say anything. She yelled at ME. I just said that if I hadn't caught him he could have been hurt and she's lucky I was there. I then said that if she was doing her job, I wouldn't have had to catch him in the first place. Then there was the time I found the 2 year old girl wandering alone in the mall. I picked her up and handed her off to security. I later found out that the mother finally picked her daughter up more than 2 hours later.

There are times when you should put your hands on someone else's child, but only when their parents are negligent.

You called that kid a liar, said he deserved to be beaten by his bully father. It's not unheard of to change your seat on a plane. You seem kind of grouchy.

This woman is damn lucky it was my children, because I would have kick the shit out of her.

Look we all gringe when a child is seated behind us on a plane. It sucks. You know your seats going to get kicked and you will probably hear screaming. Nevertheless, you have not realize the child is a child and its sometimes hard to control everything they do.

Either way, if this bitched laid a hand on my child, regardless of the consequences, she is getting punched!

Police: Woman on Southwest flight grabs boy who kicked her seat - USATODAY.com
Police: Woman on Southwest flight grabs boy who kicked her seat

Buzz up!By Jolie McCullough, The Arizona Republic
Phoenix police are investigating an incident on a Southwest Airlines flight where a woman allegedly grabbed a child who was kicking the back of her seat in March.
James Holmes of the Phoenix Police Department said a mother is pressing charges against a 42-year-old woman who allegedly assaulted her 3-year-old boy while they were on Southwest flight 582 heading to Las Vegas at the gate of Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport on Mar. 21 at about 7 p.m.

No arrests have been made because police are still gathering names of witnesses from Southwest Airlines, but the mother described the incident to police:

Her three-year-old son either kicked or put his feet up on the back of the woman's seat when she turned around and grabbed him. The woman told the child, "You're not going to be kicking my seat all the way to Las Vegas," while she shook him and then slammed him back on the seat, the mother told police.
She and other passengers began to argue with the woman after the incident, and both parties were taken off the plane to discuss the situation.

Staff had assured her that the woman would not be allowed back on the flight, and she returned to her seats with her children, Holmes said. The woman, however, did board the same plane again, and chose to sit in the same seat over other empty seats.

During the flight, the woman harassed the family and threw garbage at them. The mother told police that the woman appeared to be intoxicated.

I need more info....

was the woman a tea party conservative who has every right to defend and protect her own comfort?

was the child the child of a selfish, liberal who refused to control her liberal brat?

in which case the child and its mother should be tortured and sent to prison

or

was the woman a selfish liberal who hates children?

was the child the child of a freedom loving tea party conservative?

in which case the woman should be tortured and sent to prison

The parents HAVE to control their children!! But when they don't, the woman should have asked nicely for the mom to please not let her child do that as it can be very annoying. That would have been a good time to teach the child a few lessons - yes, even a 3 yr old. The woman hitting the child? NO EXCUSE for it!!!

Twice, I politely asked the kid to stop kicking my seat. Then, after lying to his father, he starts kicking it again, a little harder, a little harder. He WANTED to see his father bully someone, that much is clear.
But the fact that this kid is trying to provoke me also makes it clear that this kid is a "bully in training".
So "be patient"? That's the problem with bullies. "Be patient" is merely a "green flag" for "give me more". Sometimes a line must be drawn. That doesn't mean I advocate violence.
But if you have ever sat on an airplane with someone purposely kicking the back of your seat, you might possibly be a little more understanding. Believe me, it's incredibly annoying.

maybe the kids dad was one of us Dean....and the guy told the kid to keep on kicking....."holy shit...its Rdean....here kid...5 bucks....KEEP ON KICKING".....:lol:

so its out of the bag....Dean is a fat white dude with white hair and beard....

I blame the mother of the child.

This was already asked, why didn't the mother control her child? Why did the mother allow her child to kick the chair repeatedly of the person in front of the child?

Forum List

Back