Woman Attacks 3 year Old for Kicking her Chair on a Plane

Good for the dad! Lets see, two lessons. One for lying the next for behaving badly in public. That is one time instant gratification is good for kids! I don't condone belting a child but I do think a good spanking would do kids now a days a world of good.

I think the airlines need to do something to make the friendly skies more accommodating to children. I don't think it would take very much. They need a little more space and distraction than the rest of us.

And I think adults need to realize that if the airlines aren't going to be more accommodating to the needs of children, then adults need to give the kids some leeway. When I flew to Egypt it was a 9 hour flight from NY to Cairo. There were a lot of kids on the flight and they were running up and down the aisles. They weren't really interested in Slumdog Millionaire and they needed to burn off some of that energy. Until the airlines make some effort to make planes more habitable to children this shit will continue to happen.

I am a 1k flyer. Ive seen and experienced it all.

I see no need to accommodate children. I think to many allowances are made for them as it is. For example letting one sit on a lap and not purchasing a seat for it. Parents need to bring with them what ever they have to keep their children under control. If it cant sit still for a few hours then drive.

Quite right. If parents cannot control their rugrats then don't take them out in public. I see no reason why other people should have to 'accommodate' other people's brats. You want to raise an obnoxious little cretin that no one likes, fine. Just don't inflict them on the rest of the world.

What the hell is wrong with parents that they believe their kid over other people. I cannot count the number of parents who say 'my kid doesn't lie to me'.... Always makes me laugh. How delusional are some parents? All kids lie to their parents - ALL OF THEM. I did, you did, your kids do. Accept it. Your kid is not special - it is just another human being.

Last edited:
I was on a plane and this little boy and his huge father were riding behind me. The father had those plug things in his ears and was ignoring his son. The son began to kick the back of my seat. I turned around and asked the kid to stop. After a minute, the kid started again, I turned around again and asked him to stop.

"Hulk Hogan" (because he looked like Hulk Hogan) took out a plug and asked, "Why are you talking to my son?". I told him I was just asking him to stop kicking my seat. "Hulk" turned to his son and said, "Are you kicking his seat?" and the kid said, "No". So the guy told me if I talked to his son again, he would break my arm. So I turned back around.

After a minute, the kid starts kicking my seat again. A little harder. A litter harder. Then, "POW", the dad belts the kid. I never turned around so I don't know where or how. The kid goes off like a "fire siren". The kid never touched my seat for he rest of the flight.

Now, I don't believe in hitting kids. I never hit my own. But I zero sympathy for that kid OR the dad. Ones a liar, the others a bully. They deserve each other.

The reason he lied was because he knew he was gonna get hit. I think it was shitty you weren't more patient.

Good for the dad! Lets see, two lessons. One for lying the next for behaving badly in public. That is one time instant gratification is good for kids! I don't condone belting a child but I do think a good spanking would do kids now a days a world of good.

Yeah, yay dad. You can beat up a kid.

This woman is damn lucky it was my children, because I would have kick the shit out of her.

Look we all gringe when a child is seated behind us on a plane. It sucks. You know your seats going to get kicked and you will probably hear screaming. Nevertheless, you have not realize the child is a child and its sometimes hard to control everything they do.

Either way, if this bitched laid a hand on my child, regardless of the consequences, she is getting punched!

Police: Woman on Southwest flight grabs boy who kicked her seat - USATODAY.com
Police: Woman on Southwest flight grabs boy who kicked her seat

Buzz up!By Jolie McCullough, The Arizona Republic
Phoenix police are investigating an incident on a Southwest Airlines flight where a woman allegedly grabbed a child who was kicking the back of her seat in March.
James Holmes of the Phoenix Police Department said a mother is pressing charges against a 42-year-old woman who allegedly assaulted her 3-year-old boy while they were on Southwest flight 582 heading to Las Vegas at the gate of Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport on Mar. 21 at about 7 p.m.

No arrests have been made because police are still gathering names of witnesses from Southwest Airlines, but the mother described the incident to police:

Her three-year-old son either kicked or put his feet up on the back of the woman's seat when she turned around and grabbed him. The woman told the child, "You're not going to be kicking my seat all the way to Las Vegas," while she shook him and then slammed him back on the seat, the mother told police.
She and other passengers began to argue with the woman after the incident, and both parties were taken off the plane to discuss the situation.

Staff had assured her that the woman would not be allowed back on the flight, and she returned to her seats with her children, Holmes said. The woman, however, did board the same plane again, and chose to sit in the same seat over other empty seats.

During the flight, the woman harassed the family and threw garbage at them. The mother told police that the woman appeared to be intoxicated.
Nah. If your piece of crap kid annoys me ? I'd never hit it.
I'd break Your jaw.

You know what's sad?

Dogs have to fly in a cage with the baggage while kids get to fly with us humans.

Doesn't seem right.

You know what's sad?

Dogs have to fly in a cage with the baggage while kids get to fly with us humans.

Doesn't seem right.

They should put some of these parents in the cages and let the pets and kids be where humans sit.

I was on a plane and this little boy and his huge father were riding behind me. The father had those plug things in his ears and was ignoring his son. The son began to kick the back of my seat. I turned around and asked the kid to stop. After a minute, the kid started again, I turned around again and asked him to stop.

"Hulk Hogan" (because he looked like Hulk Hogan) took out a plug and asked, "Why are you talking to my son?". I told him I was just asking him to stop kicking my seat. "Hulk" turned to his son and said, "Are you kicking his seat?" and the kid said, "No". So the guy told me if I talked to his son again, he would break my arm. So I turned back around.

After a minute, the kid starts kicking my seat again. A little harder. A litter harder. Then, "POW", the dad belts the kid. I never turned around so I don't know where or how. The kid goes off like a "fire siren". The kid never touched my seat for he rest of the flight.

Now, I don't believe in hitting kids. I never hit my own. But I zero sympathy for that kid OR the dad. Ones a liar, the others a bully. They deserve each other.
did you call the kid and his dad "Right Wingers".....after all good "Liberals" would never kick the seats....

Not always the easiest. If the parent is doing nothing I completely sympathize with a person turning around and complaining to the parent, but you have to be realistic when dealing with little kids!

It is very easy. It is called duct tape. Painters blue tape is a better choice though as it is easier to cut off.

I don't care if you have to sit on your child to make it behave in an airplane or anywhere for that matter. Parents have no right inflicting their misbehaving children on the public at large.

LOL, you do also realize that a kick to the chair can happen by accident. Especially if a car seat is used, there is little room. Parents need to control their kids and make them considerate of the people around them. However, adults must be adults!

Note: My biggest problem with my daughter is not the screaming or kicking of chairs its rather she likes to run around. Part of the problem is we don't let our kids watch much TV (really its next to nothing), so they are very active and turning on a DVD doesn't apply to my daughter as much.

Last edited:
The guy must have been a Republican huh Rdean.

The father should have done something earlier and hitting (in my opinion only breeds bad behavior).

You know what's sad?

Doesn't seem right.

They should put some of these parents in the cages and let the pets and kids be where humans sit.

Or, maybe parents could be responsible for their children's behavior! Radical idea, I know, but maybe we should try that.

Those of us without children do not view other people's kids as special or cute. You bring up kids with no respect for other people and they become pretty fucking awful adults.

The reason he lied was because he knew he was gonna get hit. I think it was shitty you weren't more patient.

Twice, I politely asked the kid to stop kicking my seat. Then, after lying to his father, he starts kicking it again, a little harder, a little harder. He WANTED to see his father bully someone, that much is clear.
But the fact that this kid is trying to provoke me also makes it clear that this kid is a "bully in training".
So "be patient"? That's the problem with bullies. "Be patient" is merely a "green flag" for "give me more". Sometimes a line must be drawn. That doesn't mean I advocate violence.
But if you have ever sat on an airplane with someone purposely kicking the back of your seat, you might possibly be a little more understanding. Believe me, it's incredibly annoying.

did you call the kid and his dad "Right Wingers".....after all good "Liberals" would never kick the seats....

You simply can't tell at that age. You have to wait until they grow up. If they have a disdain for eduction, believe superstition over "science" and want to make "Confederate Day" a "national holiday", then we know whether they will be a liberal or a conservative.

Or, maybe parents could be responsible for their children's behavior! Radical idea, I know, but maybe we should try that.
Very true, but the best is sometimes not always enough.

Those of us without children do not view other people's kids as special or cute. You bring up kids with no respect for other people and they become pretty fucking awful adults.
I have 3 kids and I don't like any kids or think any kids are cute but my own! :lol:

As a person who doesn't kids, as you admit you are, then you are ignorant to the fact that even the best behaved kids can have bad days, have meltdowns and hard to control!

did board the same plane again, and chose to sit in the same seat over other empty seats

She could have simply asked to sit somewhere else?

I've noticed a rising inability of people to simply make a civilized, intelligent choice.

You simply can't tell at that age. You have to wait until they grow up. If they have a disdain for eduction, believe superstition over "science" and want to make "Confederate Day" a "national holiday", then we know whether they will be a liberal or a conservative.

LOL, you would probably characterize me as a right winger, and I think education is essential (I mean is he right wingers that are for school voulgers), I'm an atheist and I disdain the Confederate Flag as antiamerican!

First, I blame the airlines for not removing the woman. She went over the line and deserved to be punished for it, regardless of the supposed "unruliness" of the child.
Second, you can tell from her motivation that she was looking for trouble, when she choose to not move seats when she was presented the choice.
Third, I blame the airlines for not forcing her to move if they were going to allow her on the plane.

did board the same plane again, and chose to sit in the same seat over other empty seats

She could have simply asked to sit somewhere else?

I've noticed a rising inability of people to simply make a civilized, intelligent choice.

Twice, I politely asked the kid to stop kicking my seat. Then, after lying to his father, he starts kicking it again, a little harder, a little harder. He WANTED to see his father bully someone, that much is clear.
But the fact that this kid is trying to provoke me also makes it clear that this kid is a "bully in training".
So "be patient"? That's the problem with bullies. "Be patient" is merely a "green flag" for "give me more". Sometimes a line must be drawn. That doesn't mean I advocate violence.
But if you have ever sat on an airplane with someone purposely kicking the back of your seat, you might possibly be a little more understanding. Believe me, it's incredibly annoying.

I've been in cars and planes, movies, etc.. with kids kicking my seat, I still am. My point was that you felt that was a good reason to hit the kid, you seemed vindicated.

When you take a child on a plane, car ride, restaurant, anywhere that they are expected to be still for hours, you'd better be a good enough parent to plan ahead. Keep them busy, play with them and take the focus away from messing with other people. Cards, books, activities...

Hitting them is easy and lazy.

YOU should have moved your seat.

I've been in cars and planes, movies, etc.. with kids kicking my seat, I still am. My point was that you felt that was a good reason to hit the kid, you seemed vindicated.

When you take a child on a plane, car ride, restaurant, anywhere that they are expected to be still for hours, you'd better be a good enough parent to plan ahead. Keep them busy, play with them and take the focus away from messing with other people. Cards, books, activities...

Actually, I think the article says she "grabbed" the kid.

But still, you know, the THREE adults: Mother, Passenger, Flight attendent, outha be able to resolve the problem with a three year old?? For Christssakes? What a fucking bunch of tools. Maybe we should put them all in a jail cell for a week and see if they could figure it out?

Actually, I think the article says she "grabbed" the kid.

But still, you know, the THREE adults: Mother, Passenger, Flight attendent, outha be able to resolve the problem with a three year old?? For Christssakes? What a fucking bunch of tools. Maybe we should put them all in a jail cell for a week and see if they could figure it out?

No, I was talking about rdeans seat kicker and his father the bully.

New Topics

Forum List

Back