Woman Attacks 3 year Old for Kicking her Chair on a Plane

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by GHook93, May 14, 2010.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,924
    This woman is damn lucky it was my children, because I would have kick the shit out of her.

Look we all gringe when a child is seated behind us on a plane. It sucks. You know your seats going to get kicked and you will probably hear screaming. Nevertheless, you have not realize the child is a child and its sometimes hard to control everything they do.

Either way, if this bitched laid a hand on my child, regardless of the consequences, she is getting punched!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,870
    o how funny....i agree ghook...we all hate when kids are near us..and they always are....plus the poor things dont understand pressure changes and that hurts them wee ears....you dont reason with a 3 yr old...you tell the little monstor to stop....or at least take off the shoes..then you hope like hell there are no long flight delays...but you dont touch the child....or everyone trys to make the best of it...or should try....

people just dont have manners...or consideration...kids arent valued

3. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,967

Yeah, I'd slap the shit out of her even if it wasn't my child. A forty two year old? Pffftt..

4. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    The time I took my kids on a flight I was not prepared for the re pressurization affects on my daughter.

On the return trip she had a full pack of gum

I just got very lucky in my kids. They have never been a behavior problem.

5. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,102
    Why didn't the child's mother prevent her son from kicking the seat?

Isn't this at the root of the problem? Parents today afraid to discipline a child for fear of harming the kid's delicate psyche? Screaming kids in restaurants... Take them outside, better yet, leave them at home if they can't behave. Kicking the back of a seat in an airplane? A quick slap on the thigh and a firm "Stop that" should handle the situation. If nothing else, it gives the appearance that you as a parent are making an effort to do your job. When did parents stop teaching kids how to behave in public?

Don't get me wrong, what this woman did was wrong, but I can guarantee that neither of my kids kicked the back of anyone's seat, and if they had, it would have been the last time.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  6. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,924
    I have traveled a few times with my kids. My son is calm and does well. I toss on a DVD and you won't know he is there. My daughter! Well she is an active one. We do our best. The DVD works at times, but she want to get down and walk around. Not always the easiest. I do sympathize with the people around us, but they don't call it the terrible twos because its fun!

7. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,717
    We are only hearing one side of the story.

I've had a young child sit behind me and kick insistently during a flight - only to have the mother completely refuse to control said child after I politely asked her to intervene. After about an hour, I finally scolded the child myself. He stopped kicking and left me alone for the remainder of the flight.

I'm not condoning assaulting a child - but am questioning the mother's role in this incident.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. syrenn

syrenn BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,404
    ever hear of a Sherpa bag?

Yes I agree that it was wrong to lay hands on someones eles child but parents have a responsibility to control their children.

I will say, that I have no problem berating the parents of a child kicking the back of my chair. What I have always wanted to do was ask to sit in the chair behind the parent and then kick the shit out for their chair.

However the solution is to tell the flight attendants and the parent that the kicking child is hurting your back. And if nothing is done to stop the child you are going to sue everyone. The child, the parent, and the airline. Make it very clear that that is your intention and watch how fast that kid is put in irons.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  9. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,924
    Not always the easiest. If the parent is doing nothing I completely sympathize with a person turning around and complaining to the parent, but you have to be realistic when dealing with little kids!

10. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,924
    Some parents are arrogant parents and do nothing. What you did was fine, but laying a hand on someone else's child is over the line!