Zone1 Without God, right and wrong are just personal beliefs.

Without God good and evil are just personal opinions, without any of those opinions being superior to the other. Stalin’s definition is just as valid as yours. And that opinion can change depending upon the circumstances.

It just becomes a slippery slope as broken, sinful society decays further from truth and integrity.

Absolutely not.

Right and Wrong will always be Right and Wrong. If you harm someone (physically, emotionally or whatever) it is wrong. Helping others is right.

According to the OP's philosophy, if you help someone who needs it, you are not serving humanity, you are just expressing an opinion.

Without God good and evil are just personal opinions, without any of those opinions being superior to the other. Stalin’s definition is just as valid as yours. And that opinion can change depending upon the circumstances.

It just becomes a slippery slope as broken, sinful society decays further from truth and integrity.

Personal belief become societal belief. Societal belief becomes religious beliefs.

No gods are needed to think as a humanist only a modicum of intelligence is required.

Atheists differentiate right from wrong because it is the right thing to do

Christians only do it because they fear God and do not want to be punished
Keep in mind most people of any and all faiths, and not to mention atheists, have no fear of punishment. Rooted in Judaism, faith and the Laws of God, are guidelines, or a map, that direct us in the best ways to live this life. "Christians fear punishment" is something some atheist came up in an effort to claim a superior position. It was never true to begin with, and by now it is a warn out and meaningless attempt at a war of words.

Atheists and people of faith are on even ground. People of faith believe God's law is written on the hearts of all. Besides this, mankind's intellect and logic confirm there is a better (right) way and a worse (wrong) way. And the right way for both people of faith and for atheists is to stop attempts to denigrate the other. At least on this issue, can we beat our swords into plowshares and have peace?

Religions are based in humanistic thought.

Organized religions have just claimed humanism as their own and then added all the dogma and divine authoritarianism on top of it

God didn't stop the Holocaust.

Christians fear punishment" is something some atheist came up in an effort to claim a superior position. It was never true to begin with,

The concept of Heaven and Hell are the ultimate …you better be good or else

It is a childish threat, but Christians believe it with all their heart

Atheists differentiate right from wrong because it is the right thing to do

Christians only do it because they fear God and do not want to be punished
i kind of have a "conscience." usually doesn't kick in until it is too late, but i don;t need st peter reading his naughty list at the gate to tell ne i screwe d up

i kind of have a "conscience." usually doesn't kick in until it is too late, but i don;t need st peter reading his naughty list at the gate to tell ne i screwe d up
At least Christians forgive.

Get cancelled by the Left and you may as well kill yourself.

The o p presents the situation as if "God" were optional. If the posited entity exists, then there is no "without God". If no such One exists, then, of course, all human concepts are totally relative.
We could also point out that "good" and "evil" are exactly the anti-"God" dualist human-imposed conditions that got Adam and Eve into so much trouble.

Absolutely not.

Right and Wrong will always be Right and Wrong. If you harm someone (physically, emotionally or whatever) it is wrong. Helping others is right.

According to the OP's philosophy, if you help someone who needs it, you are not serving humanity, you are just expressing an opinion.
Stalin’s right and wrong are just as valid as yours.

Forum List

Back