With The Shooting In Arlington VA, IS It Time to Shun the Partisan Hate?

I was concerned all through Obama's administration that some fucked up racist would take him out.

This is an all-new league we're in. The zealots are a real threat.
8 years of desperate searches for a hint of a violent Tea Party member.

It's not the Tea Party you have to look at. It's the fascists, the hundreds of attacks on blacks, Muslims, Jews, immigrants that Trump and Republicans are pretending aren't happening.

Try Portland for just one example.
The Bernie supporter in Portland? You can't get anything right.
Er...no. But I can see that's settled into the #RussianW mythos now.

I was concerned all through Obama's administration that some fucked up racist would take him out.

Americans have a long history of shooting their politicians. This is nothing new.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

No...democrats and left wingers have a long history of shooting politicians....including the democrat who actually managed to assassinate the first Republican President, President Lincoln.
"The democrat"? There were no democrats in the Con-federacy. They had left the party before the 1860 election and formed their own "country".

Americans have a long history of shooting their politicians. This is nothing new.

And the British have hanged, drawn and quartered them.

Anyone from a nation that worships and adores generations after generations of inbred idiots should not presume to judge other nations.

Especially not the one that kicked their royal asses off the continent.

I ask that rhetorically, because I know the ideologues hate each other with such a passion that they can never let go.

But why cant the rest of us shun the partisan hate mongers and push for unity in the public arena? I shun Black Lies Matter as much as I shun any Tea Party people that call for violence.

I shun Rush as much as I shun Chucky Schumer.

Let us all shun those who call for violence or who voice approval of violence by one of their own.

Gillian Turner: Scalise Shooting Is a 'Wake-Up Call for Bipartisanship'

Gillian Turner said on "Outnumbered" that the attack on congressional Republicans' baseball practice is a "wake-up call" for Washington, D.C. to return to bipartisanship.

The shooting, reportedly by a man who supported Bernie Sanders, wounded House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, a congressional aide and two police officers.

"It's now incumbent upon the governing class in Washington to do their best to, if not end the gridlock, then at least end the hellacious, completely critical rhetoric that has just done nothing but divide our nation over the last election cycle," said Turner, a Fox News contributor and former White House National Security Council member under Presidents Bush and Obama.

She called on members of Congress and the executive branch to end the "heated" daily rhetoric.

"It puts a fine point on the problem at hand. It's a wake-up call for bipartisanship," she said.

Melissa Francis echoed the call for politicians to "turn the temperature down" in Washington.

Earlier on the show, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said the shooting is part of a pattern of "an increasing intensity of hostility on the left."

He said that the violent feelings of people who disagree with conservatives have been building since election night.

Abby Huntsman and Gingrich said the president struck the right tone of unity in his message from the White House on the shooting.​

It starts at the top, Trump's hate for anyone who doesn't kiss his ass for openers.

Not if the GOP gives a tax cut to the elites at the expense of the poor. See your map, this is not the Republicans country. Clinton won the maj vote and DT skated by the skin of his teeth, remember that
What "majority vote"? There is no such thing. Trump wond the majority of Electoral Votes. This other "count" doesn't exist on any federal web site.

The EC is not fair today, it was created at a time when most could not read or travel. Obsolete. Just remember all those who did not vote , are probably Democrats and Clinton won the maj vote which means she got more votes from the people.

The Electoral College is eminently fair and infinitely wise and literacy has nothing to do with it.

You forget that it is the United STATES of America and each state has the right to determine who they want for president, size of population notwithstanding.

Seems like no matter how often this repeated, how it is expressed, the sore losers just can't get used to it.

I ask that rhetorically, because I know the ideologues hate each other with such a passion that they can never let go.

But why cant the rest of us shun the partisan hate mongers and push for unity in the public arena? I shun Black Lies Matter as much as I shun any Tea Party people that call for violence.

Let us all shun those who call for violence or who voice approval of violence by one of their own.

Gillian Turner said on "Outnumbered" that the attack on congressional Republicans' baseball practice is a "wake-up call" for Washington, D.C. to return to bipartisanship.

The shooting, reportedly by a man who supported Bernie Sanders, wounded House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, a congressional aide and two police officers.

"It's now incumbent upon the governing class in Washington to do their best to, if not end the gridlock, then at least end the hellacious, completely critical rhetoric that has just done nothing but divide our nation over the last election cycle," said Turner, a Fox News contributor and former White House National Security Council member under Presidents Bush and Obama.

She called on members of Congress and the executive branch to end the "heated" daily rhetoric.

"It puts a fine point on the problem at hand. It's a wake-up call for bipartisanship," she said.

Melissa Francis echoed the call for politicians to "turn the temperature down" in Washington.

Earlier on the show, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said the shooting is part of a pattern of "an increasing intensity of hostility on the left."

He said that the violent feelings of people who disagree with conservatives have been building since election night.

Abby Huntsman and Gingrich said the president struck the right tone of unity in his message from the White House on the shooting.​

It starts at the top, Trump's hate for anyone who doesn't kiss his ass for openers.
Who do you think he is, Obama?

Not if the GOP gives a tax cut to the elites at the expense of the poor. See your map, this is not the Republicans country. Clinton won the maj vote and DT skated by the skin of his teeth, remember that
What "majority vote"? There is no such thing. Trump wond the majority of Electoral Votes. This other "count" doesn't exist on any federal web site.

The EC is not fair today, it was created at a time when most could not read or travel. Obsolete. Just remember all those who did not vote , are probably Democrats and Clinton won the maj vote which means she got more votes from the people.

The Electoral College is eminently fair and infinitely wise and literacy has nothing to do with it.

You forget that it is the United STATES of America and each state has the right to determine who they want for president, size of population notwithstanding.

Seems like no matter how often this repeated, how it is expressed, the sore losers just can't get used to it.
Some may understand it but the bottom line is they want to get rid of the EC so they can call all the shots from then on.

You might want to read the history of the EC and why and how it was created. Also many Reps want the states to have more rights than the FED GOV, so they are destroying the union of the US as we write. With the way DT is shredding everything in the FED GOV , we won't need one anymore.

You might want to read the history of the EC and why and how it was created. Also many Reps want the states to have more rights than the FED GOV, so they are destroying the union of the US as we write. With the way DT is shredding everything in the FED GOV , we won't need one anymore.
You don't know the history or the reason and the federal government has taken over many state issues so of course they want to make their own decisions again.

Some may understand it but the bottom line is they want to get rid of the EC so they can call all the shots from then on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, by they you mean the majority of voters will be able to set policies, not a minority - the basic principle of democracies?

Lets just get rid of the SOTUS and the MIC, as the states will be fighting against one another, we just need the state militias. In all states say goodbye to any and all civil rights, the elites will have slaves, like the Edwardian period in England. The slaves will be all the lower class citizens, the elites are growing as they have kids that inherit, remember DT wants to make inheritance all tax free. The lower class will be conscripted in your state, the state lines will change, the western states will want water, etc.

Only the elites will survive and some of the elites will end up in slavery. This is the elites vision of paradise and its already happening.

After all , no empire lasts forever. You have voted for this and this is what you will get , chaos.

No...democrats and left wingers have a long history of shooting politicians....including the democrat who actually managed to assassinate the first Republican President, President Lincoln.
"The democrat"? There were no democrats in the Con-federacy. They had left the party before the 1860 election and formed their own "country".

No.....they were democrats moron....

It's time to turn off the tv and get off the internet for awhile for a lot of people.

Garbage in, garbage out.

Especially democrat bernie sander's supporters....all of the incitement to violence by the democrats has once again caused one of their people to commit murder....
So, you don't blame the shooter. You don't believe in personal responsibility.

No...the only one who did the shooting was the shooter.....the sanders people gave them aid and comfort for their feelings of hate and violence.

Lets just get rid of the SOTUS and the MIC, as the states will be fighting against one another, we just need the state militias. In all states say goodbye to any and all civil rights, the elites will have slaves, like the Edwardian period in England. The slaves will be all the lower class citizens, the elites are growing as they have kids that inherit, remember DT wants to make inheritance all tax free. The lower class will be conscripted in your state, the state lines will change, the western states will want water, etc.

Only the elites will survive and some of the elites will end up in slavery. This is the elites vision of paradise and its already happening.

After all , no empire lasts forever. You have voted for this and this is what you will get , chaos.

No...Conservative Americans are fighting against this....while the democrats are fighting to do just what you listed.......we will fight to preserve individual freedom, the Bill of Rights and the powers defined in the Constitution...

The Right Wing, which encompasses the current Republican Party, cannot win the popular/majority vote. The reason is quite simple - their policies benefit the few and not the many. In fact most of what they support harms the many, in terms of health care, tax policy, retirement and having a voice.

Thus Gerrymandering on the State Level, and the Electoral College on the national level, allow them to rule but never to govern fairly. It is expressed in the phrase, "we've got ours, fuck the rest of you".

And yet only democrats and their supporters are actually shooting and stabbing people to death...as well as engaging in riots to silence political opposition...

No...Conservative Americans are fighting against this....while the democrats are fighting to do just what you listed.......we will fight to preserve individual freedom, the Bill of Rights and the powers defined in the Constitution...

Wait and see, there will not be Republicans (most are not conservative by any means, but just greedy) , and by the way I'm conservative, nor will there be Democrats, just states. No need for parties.

Forum List

Back