With poll numbers plummeting, Obama returns to bashing Bush

Take your Meds Huggy and get back to us.
Congress can spend NOTHING without the president's approval unless they pass it was 3/4 majority in both houses.

Oh did I forget to mention that congress also writes the legislation for appropriating money?

So after all that work by both houses you blame Obama for doing the will of the peoples representatives by signing off on it. OOOOOOO you smaht. I don't know how you can see so clearly with your head up your ass...astounding!

I was about to tell him he made your point but thought I'd read what you said first. The president can threaten to veto (as Boooooooosh did many times) which is a clear signal to Congress to give it up already, but he does not have the power of the purse. HOWEVER, bills can get signed that require appropriation, but if a signing statement is attached to the bill, it literally puts the bill (and any funding for it) on hold.
Since you don't really pay attention (I suspect you don't really understand, but that is another matter) the POTUS is responsible for any spending done, since its his job.

Huggems tried to weasel out of this because he has a hardon for Obama but there is no escaping the fact Obama is the biggest spender in history and its only been 6 months, trying to blame chimptoid for his own spending is stupidity on parade.

With a tough guy like you policing the board here and on the lookout for posters with an agenda I better watch my step....or you might call me some more nasty names .:bowdown:

I just don't like cherries that sign up and in their first couple of posts call me nuts. That's a piss poor way to start out on a board.

And if you think I'm a tough guy, wait until you meet our board admin, Gunny.

You would know. Doesn't he usually toss all your crap immediately into the Flame Zone?

Yeah but his drones many of the on this message board will follow along.

As dumb ass Old Rocks pointed out in another thread, the Democrats have 265 votes in the house ( there are only 435 votes there) and 60 out of 100 in the Senate, YET somehow they are still claiming the Republicans are preventing them from accomplishing anything.

Let me do the math for ya, 170 Republicans and 265 democrats. Yet the Republicans are to blame. 38 Republicans, 2 Independents and 60 Democrats in the Senate and yet the Republicans are to blame.

Any person STUPID enough to believe that drivel belongs in a mental institution for their own safety.

Maybe this will help liberals to get it:

Obama enjoys a democrat filibuster proof senate & a more than 2 to 1 democrat majority in the house.

Yet he blames Republicans? :cuckoo:

The RWNM is a huge obstacle--just ask any sane Republican.

Oh did I forget to mention that congress also writes the legislation for appropriating money?

So after all that work by both houses you blame Obama for doing the will of the peoples representatives by signing off on it. OOOOOOO you smaht. I don't know how you can see so clearly with your head up your ass...astounding!

I was about to tell him he made your point but thought I'd read what you said first. The president can threaten to veto (as Boooooooosh did many times) which is a clear signal to Congress to give it up already, but he does not have the power of the purse. HOWEVER, bills can get signed that require appropriation, but if a signing statement is attached to the bill, it literally puts the bill (and any funding for it) on hold.
Since you don't really pay attention (I suspect you don't really understand, but that is another matter) the POTUS is responsible for any spending done, since its his job.

Huggems tried to weasel out of this because he has a hardon for Obama but there is no escaping the fact Obama is the biggest spender in history and its only been 6 months, trying to blame chimptoid for his own spending is stupidity on parade.

Weasle out weasle in..whatever. For the umpteenth time I am an old school republican.

I believe in america. Many of those that took my party do not believe in america. They set us up ...took as much money as they could haul away and sent our future generations the bill.

Obama is paying the bill. That is called responsibility. A kindof foundational value you may not be in touch with.

Most of you idiots think I am a liberal. That is because you are not true republicans. You are interlopers with no real values. You recieve your morality from fox television.

That changes every day depending on what you are trying to hide, steal or lie about.

As dumb ass Old Rocks pointed out in another thread, the Democrats have 265 votes in the house ( there are only 435 votes there) and 60 out of 100 in the Senate, YET somehow they are still claiming the Republicans are preventing them from accomplishing anything.

Let me do the math for ya, 170 Republicans and 265 democrats. Yet the Republicans are to blame. 38 Republicans, 2 Independents and 60 Democrats in the Senate and yet the Republicans are to blame.

Any person STUPID enough to believe that drivel belongs in a mental institution for their own safety.

Maybe this will help liberals to get it:

Obama enjoys a democrat filibuster proof senate & a more than 2 to 1 democrat majority in the house.

Yet he blames Republicans? :cuckoo:

The RWNM is a huge obstacle--just ask any sane Republican.

First of all what is the RWNM? :cuckoo: After answering that I will be able to address it.

Weasle out weasle in..whatever. For the umpteenth time I am an old school republican.

I believe in america. Many of those that took my party do not believe in america. They set us up ...took as much money as they could haul away and sent our future generations the bill.

Obama is paying the bill. That is called responsibility. A kindof foundational value you may not be in touch with.

Most of you idiots think I am a liberal. That is because you are not true republicans. You are interlopers with no real values. You recieve your morality from fox television.

That changes every day depending on what you are trying to hide, steal or lie about.

No Republican would EVER vote for nor support Obama. The only thing Old School about you is your outrageous lies.

No Republican would EVER vote for nor support Obama. The only thing Old School about you is your outrageous lies.

According to the exit polls, 8% of white Republicans voted for Obama as did 47% of white Independents (of which you can split those as half leaning right and half leaning left). So much for your proclamation.

Real Republicans have been abandoned by their party. They have been captured by the right wing religious zealots and are kept in step by Boss Limbaugh
Until they develop a message that will appeal to the moderates, they will remain a party in exile. With the face of the party being Limbaugh, Joe the Plummer, Palin, Cheney, those guys with the guns and the birthers....it will be a LONG time before this party recovers

Real Republicans have been abandoned by their party. They have been captured by the right wing religious zealots and are kept in step by Boss Limbaugh
Until they develop a message that will appeal to the moderates, they will remain a party in exile. With the face of the party being Limbaugh, Joe the Plummer, Palin, Cheney, those guys with the guns and the birthers....it will be a LONG time before this party recovers
:cuckoo::cuckoo:

1/6th of the Democrats in the Senate would have to side with a solid block of Republicans. 1/5th of the Democrats in the House would have to side with the solid block of Republicans. And we are to believe the problem with the passage of this legislation is the Republicans.

In other words, over half of one body of the legislature has to vote against it and that includes a large block of Democrats and we are to believe the Republicans are blocking legislation.

How about a REALITY check, the Legislation STINKS, that is why so many Democrats won't vote for it.

Um, Sarge, the REALITY is that Republicans have indeed been able to block this (I assume you mean health care) by all the press they've been given by that evil "liberal" media. (Time to rethink THAT accusation, boys and girls...)

NO, the reality is that the American PEOPLE are blocking this. The press left to it's own devices says nothing detrimental to Obama's desires. It's only when bloggers, message board posters and conservative talk radio start putting the truth out. that the press is shamed into showing it.

I am willing to give 0bama a pass on the mess he inherited. TARP was a disaster, and Bush could have done something to forestall or avert the mess if he had tried, but he just sailed right for the iceberg at full throttle.

That said, Bush has been retired now for six months. From here on in, it is 0bama's baby. I am willing to suspend disbelief if I see progress, but I see only worse heading this way. He really can't blame bush anymore. It is past time for that. He has to man up to his own actions now.

"For a guy who campaigned on taking responsibility and looking forward, he spends an awful lot of time pointing fingers and looking backward," said former Bush deputy press secretary Tony Fratto, who has begun defending the previous administration.

:clap2:

When did the Bushies stop claiming that he inherited a recession from Clinton?

I am willing to give 0bama a pass on the mess he inherited. TARP was a disaster, and Bush could have done something to forestall or avert the mess if he had tried, but he just sailed right for the iceberg at full throttle.

That said, Bush has been retired now for six months. From here on in, it is 0bama's baby. I am willing to suspend disbelief if I see progress, but I see only worse heading this way. He really can't blame bush anymore. It is past time for that. He has to man up to his own actions now.

So..... Obama was supposed to clean up a mess that started with Ronald Reagan over twenty years ago? All that trickling down over almost three decades and now that the dam has failed it is Barack Obamas fault?

Simple minds with simplistic complaints. No solutions.

This is not Obamas country. It is our country. We all need to work together to solve the problems created by a hideous power grab by the neo con fascists.

It will take a long time to yank all the money changers...the speculators that rig the markets...out of bed with the so called regulators...appointed by Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Bush.

You speak like it simply needs a squirt of "bactine" a kiss from mommy and all will be better.

It doesn't help that the neo cons still have a firm grip on the publics access to truthfull and helpfull information.

Fox and the neo con radio "pundits" are being paid millions a week to keep the truth hidden and the agenda of the Cartels sold soft soap to the american public.

As allways we must follow the money. Who benefits from our current situation? Sen. Bogus Baucus gets millions to subvert healthcare and nary a word about THAT truth.

The "blue dog" dems should be rightly labled the "greenback" dems for the obscene amount of money they have taken from the HMO's to hold america hostage to the Ins co's.

How much is enough?

How stupid can fox make the american public?

Will it take assasinations of Of HMO executives to drive them away from the Teat?

"For a guy who campaigned on taking responsibility and looking forward, he spends an awful lot of time pointing fingers and looking backward," said former Bush deputy press secretary Tony Fratto, who has begun defending the previous administration.

:clap2:

When did the Bushies stop claiming that he inherited a recession from Clinton?

I don't recall Bush ever making that claim. Do you have a link?

Forum List

Back