Wish Me Luck

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Or rather wish my daughter luck.

We went through a trying time in January when she lost my grandson through a miscarriage. She was 7 months along and somehow the umbilical cord became twisted. The doctor said a baby can only last 20 minutes when that happens. I couldn't bring myself to hold my dead grandson when they took him out. In that I have to say my wife is much stronger than I. Due to the advanced pregnancy stage the baby was cremated and we had a service in our church.

Fast forward to today. She became pregnant again (girl) and is due in March. We had a big scare when she was hospitalized with severe pain. Luckily it was only kidney stones (If you can consider THAT "lucky".). But thankfully the baby is still doing well.

So I am asking for your prayers that it goes well this time. Hopefully this time She'll deliver a healthy baby.

Im so sorry for your loss.

The new little soul on its way will hopefully warm the sore spots of your heart.

Life can be so very hard on the heart at times.

when you hold your new little one may all the pain be wisked away.

I know it wont but I can still hope.

please keep your hearts open....i know its hard....with the lost wee one....dont make the mistake my friends have made....their first child died at birth....they have a healthy boy now....but are having trouble bonding....they are so scared...

You have our thoughts and prayers Goose. May your new little girl be a great little girl!

please keep your hearts open....i know its hard....with the lost wee one....dont make the mistake my friends have made....their first child died at birth....they have a healthy boy now....but are having trouble bonding....they are so scared...

Thanks. I can relate.

Saying a prayer for your daughter and her baby,,,God Bless to you and yours Goose.

Post a pic in March of your new grand baby!

Pics needed ASAP! She will be a beautiful, healthy, and happy baby I am sure. I will ask my friends who pray to include you and your family. My thoughts are with you.

you realize now we will want total updates....on everything .....we want the latest doctor visits...what is being said....we are a nosy bunch

dont we have a scan by now.....what are they called? o hell they all have them now....we could post that....seems you are behind in this grandfather* business.....

march is just around the corner....when in march...we just need a lot more details....

*simply never changes does it...the love for our kids...the part where we would rather have our hearts torn out a thousand times than ever seen our kids in pain. such an adult pain as this, we cannot move in and make it stop...no matter how much love we give...how much money we throw at it....pain comes to us all...but when it comes in this way....a loss this tragic....where you would have laid down and died....by choice rather than see your daughter in this type of pain...and i assure you ....your daughter knows this....she knows her daddy would have died rather than see her have this pain....you know my friends i mentioned...they celebrate the stillborn child's birthday ever year....that seems to help them....i know this is hard...but dont forget their first child..they never will....as sad as it was...the boy was their first baby....o and she knows why you couldnt hold the boy....your life had crashed as much as hers.....you were helpless when your baby was in pain...women understand helplessness more than men i think....men can only rage at being helpless...and we understand that....forgive yourself...and move foreward....

Or rather wish my daughter luck.

We went through a trying time in January when she lost my grandson through a miscarriage. She was 7 months along and somehow the umbilical cord became twisted. The doctor said a baby can only last 20 minutes when that happens. I couldn't bring myself to hold my dead grandson when they took him out. In that I have to say my wife is much stronger than I. Due to the advanced pregnancy stage the baby was cremated and we had a service in our church.

Fast forward to today. She became pregnant again (girl) and is due in March. We had a big scare when she was hospitalized with severe pain. Luckily it was only kidney stones (If you can consider THAT "lucky".). But thankfully the baby is still doing well.

So I am asking for your prayers that it goes well this time. Hopefully this time She'll deliver a healthy baby.

I can relate.
I lost my first pregnancy this same way.

Almost lost my firstborn due to the same issue. Fortunately I had a Dr who was on top of it and I ended up delivering by emergency C-section.

(((((hugs to you and family))))) prayers and positive thoughts for the current baby.

~Belle

Forum List

Back