Votes: 2 22.2%
  • hmmmm?

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Which do you think shows more insecurity.

Whining on the board about neg rep.

Thanking someone on the board for pos rep.

I'm going with the latter. Whining about neg rep takes a little bit of nerve as the whiner knows everyone is going to let him or her have it.

Thanking someone for pos rep on a regular basis, or just acknowledging receiving it, smacks of a deep insecurity and the wish to appear cool.

What say you?

I'm going with the latter. Whining about neg rep takes a little bit of nerve as the whiner knows everyone is going to let him or her have it.

Thanking someone for pos rep on a regular basis, or just acknowledging receiving it, smacks of a deep insecurity and the wish to appear cool.

What say you?

None of the above.

This never occurred to me but are you asking me to apologize for repping you?

Where do you come up with this tripe?

Last edited:
Pos rep is a compliment, for which my value system says a thank you is in order. Pretty sure I don't feel insecure about it, and have no illusions about being cool. LOL, gave up that notion in jr high; never was, never will be, and don't give a damn about it.

What say you?

None of the above.

:lol: No. Get a grip.

Pos rep is a compliment, for which my value system says a thank you is in order. Pretty sure I don't feel insecure about it, and have no illusions about being cool. LOL, gave up that notion in jr high; never was, never will be, and don't give a damn about it.
I don't mean thanking via pm or on someone's CP. I mean constantly thanking people on the board for pos rep....

Like, "oh, I'm so awesome that you repped me!"

I don't mean thanking via pm or on someone's CP. I mean constantly thanking people on the board for pos rep....

Are you allowed to post my PM's like that?

What say you?

I misread the question and voted erroneously.

Whining isn't necessarily a sign of insecurity, but more likely one of childish expectations.
Thanking someone for pos rep probably just indicates a gracious and appreciative person. Nothing at all wrong with that.

Meh - fuck 'em.

What say you?

I have never equated polite manners with insecurity.

Thanking in private is good manners. Whining is annoying at times (well, OK, most of the time) and public thanking for pos rep can be either obsequious or good, I suppose it depends on the situation.

Thanking in private is good manners. Whining is annoying at times (well, OK, most of the time) and public thanking for pos rep can be either obsequious or good, I suppose it depends on the situation.
Thanks for getting my point. I was beginning to think I didn't articulate it well, or that others here were really, really dense.

:lol:

"Thanking someone on the board for pos rep."

Lol, I have never seen that, but then I am not here that often, however given the two choices, I would go with the latter. I wouldn't want to thank someone for reps, in public. I mean....WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? lol. I also wouldn't want to be thanked in public.

As far as judging their actions to be insecure, I would have to understand whether they had "other" reasons to thank someone on board. A possible vindication? In the absence of another reason for "thanking in public" I would have to go with....insecurity. :)

peeps will thank me on my profile but i credit that to me bitchin about people thanking me and making me open the damn pm that just says 'thanks'

What say you?

None of the above.

:lol: No.
Thanking someone for a pos rep is just being polite. Some like it and some do not.

Last edited:

Are you allowed to post my PM's like that?
Please don't report me...there's a pos rep in it!

Forum List

Back