Wisconsin Official Instructs Staff Not To Mention Free IDs For Voting

Who here, on these boards does not regularly carry ID when away from home? Why?
i don't if the hubby is driving, which is most of the time! i may carry a credit card though! :D for the ''just in case i see something i want to buy (and matt's not too keen on it)'' occasion !!!!

in massachusetts, i usually ALWAYS had an id on me, but not here.....it's very laid back, and different here. A BIG change from the ''rat race''!

Given. Still, if anything did happen to your Husband, you could not legally drive. Just saying.
Best to be prepared.

You don't save money by making voting pay to play.
why are you against proving you are who you say you are before you vote !! and do you believe that their is massive voter fraud committed by the left??

Thanks for your input, retarded person.
RETARDED PERSON !!!!! Bwaaa haaaa haaaa !! Why do you have a gay black man for an avatar ?? You have the dumbest looking avatar on this message board !! Oh you can say something derogatory about my avatar if you like ,but at least It's not some stupid simian on the down low faggot like yours is !!............I mean seriously LOOK AT THAT FUCKING HAT!!!! .............Bwaaa haaaa haaaaa haaaa haaaa haaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaa :lol::lol::lol:

Who here, on these boards does not regularly carry ID when away from home? Why?
i don't if the hubby is driving, which is most of the time! i may carry a credit card though! :D for the ''just in case i see something i want to buy (and matt's not too keen on it)'' occasion !!!!

in massachusetts, i usually ALWAYS had an id on me, but not here.....it's very laid back, and different here. A BIG change from the ''rat race''!

Given. Still, if anything did happen to your Husband, you could not legally drive. Just saying.
Best to be prepared.
even if i had to drive home, cuz he was incapacitated or something like that, and if i were stopped by my local cops....i could talk my way through it,and if it was a cop i didn't already know....worst that i can imagine happening is them following us home and me running in to get my license to show them.....

I LOVE IT HERE! :lol: i really do! never knew how blissful ''free''(or as close as one can be free) could be!

How about you deflect a little bit more?

How about you justify why Tax Money needs to provide for State I.D.'s in the first place. Require them for Social Services. Jesus man, You are helping set up a system where people are not able to wipe their own asses without Government assistance.

What Care is talking about is my justification.....

If you are going to require an ID to vote you cannot charge a fee to obtain the ID. It becomes a poll tax at that point. I'm not "helping set up a system where people are not able to wipe their own asses without Government assistance" for being against such a fee. Calm down.

Why do you morons insist this is a poll tax, when the SCOTUS said it is not and upheld the constitutionality of these type of voter ID laws?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24351798/ns/politics/t/supreme-court-upholds-voter-id-law/#.Tmu4wOx_FAM

The Supreme Court ruled Monday that states can require voters to produce photo identification without violating their constitutional rights, validating Republican-inspired voter ID laws.
"We cannot conclude that the statute imposes 'excessively burdensome requirements' on any class of voters," Stevens said.

Last edited:
How about you justify why Tax Money needs to provide for State I.D.'s in the first place. Require them for Social Services. Jesus man, You are helping set up a system where people are not able to wipe their own asses without Government assistance.

If you are going to require an ID to vote you cannot charge a fee to obtain the ID. It becomes a poll tax at that point. I'm not "helping set up a system where people are not able to wipe their own asses without Government assistance" for being against such a fee. Calm down.

Why do you morons insist this is a poll tax, when the SCOTUS said it is not and upheld the constitutionality of these type of voter ID laws?
i agree with the supreme court on this.....and they SAY it is NOT a poll tax IF AND ONLY IF, the ID's are FREE.

all i am suggesting is, gvt employees holding back in telling citizen customers at the DMV about it when they are getting an id, could be making the people trying to get an id to vote, end up paying for this id to vote....and IF they do end up paying to get this id to vote, then it would be considered a poll tax....

why not inform them?

now, as i said before....if there are very visible signs all over the place stating this policy of getting a voter id for free.....as some are implying, then i suppose it is not necessary for the dmv clerk to reiterate it....but i am curious, as to why not have them also inform the citizen of such?

Supreme Court upholds voter ID law - politics - msnbc.com

The Supreme Court ruled Monday that states can require voters to produce photo identification without violating their constitutional rights, validating Republican-inspired voter ID laws.
"We cannot conclude that the statute imposes 'excessively burdensome requirements' on any class of voters," Stevens said.

Again, I have no problem with the voter ID requirement as long as there is no fee tied to obtaining the ID.

Any fee would be a poll tax. If SCOTUS says otherwise I disagree with SCOTUS.

Get it, moron?

How about we objectively look at things one is not supposed to do without ID.

Opening a Savings, Checking Account, or Charge Account.

Travel by Plane or Train.

Pick up mail at a Post Office.

Shit, I get I.D.'d at the Bronx Zoo. :)

Shopping, Costco, B.J.'s.

Buying and Registering a Motor Vehicle.

You act like the norm is to not have ID on your possession, when it is the norm to carry ID. The argument is disingenuous.

I'm not acting like anything. I don't care what else an ID is required for. When an ID becomes a requirement to vote any fee to obtain it would be a poll tax. It's just an unintended consequence. No biggie. Like I said, I'm all for the ID requirement otherwise.

I half way agree with you. I would rather see moron's getting a free State ID that they could show when they Vote, than no ID Requirement at all. As it stands in NY, a potential Voter can only be asked for ID if their Name is Flagged on the List, which is absurd.

Reality dictates that there are instances which occur in everyday life where ID is required.

Yeah, man, I understand your point that the vast majority of us use our IDs quite frequently and need them for various things. The fee for an ID in most states, I would imagine is nominal. I understand people feeling "hey, pretty much everyone has them anyway" but regardless the fee becomes a poll tax when the ID is made mandatory to vote, IMO.

Everything must be free for the useless, how else do we expect them to better themselves! lol

And there you have it.

poor people are useless to the right.

They dont want them eating or voting.

That's right, fuck the poor.
dumb fucker, I likely give more than you make.

So? I probably pay more in income taxes than you make. So how does your post negate Truthmatters contention?

Last edited:
if anyone is coming in for a voter id, because they do not have a government id yet are citizens, then it should be paid for by the government, so that there is not a FEE to vote(a poll tax).....which is against the law.

A free ID is available, upon request. Which is as it should be.

But they don't want anyone to know about it and fired an employee who ecouraged his co-workers to tell the customers that they were available for free. That's crazy!!

And there you have it.

poor people are useless to the right.

They dont want them eating or voting.

So? I probably pay more in income taxes than you make. So how does your post negate Truthmatters contention?

Good for you if you do, you must be living pretty good, ain't America great? Anyone can succeed if they want too.

Just because I don't believe in cradle to grave hand holding and ass wiping doesn't mean I want people to starve. Folks like tdm do fuck all but cry for others to flip the bill for what they deem "fair".

I also don't speak for "the right" I only speak for me.

Good for you if you do, you must be living pretty good, ain't America great? Anyone can succeed if they want too.

Just because I don't believe in cradle to grave hand holding and ass wiping doesn't mean I want people to starve. Folks like tdm do fuck all but cry for others to flip the bill for what they deem "fair".

America is wonderful. I especially like the way we do care for those who are unable to care for themselves. That is truly the mark of a great nation and believe that is one of the ways God will judge us and hold us accountable.

It doesn't take much to look around and see that there is real need, either. It's not "hand holding" or "ass wiping". It's giving people a hand up instead of a hand out. If I read it right the average person on welfare stays on it less than two years.

They dont want Americans to vote, it keeps their party from power

Recorded for evidence of her stupidity.

Yes, Republicans don't want Americans to vote because it keeps Republicans from power.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Immie
SOOOO YOU ARE MAKING A CONNECTION BETWEEN GOVERNMENT EMPLOYES AND CONSERVATIVES ?????????????? I kind of find it hard to see how a big government organization like the DMV is connected to a party that wants to shrink government!! please explain how a government employe and the republican party are connected.........most government employes and union members are democrats !!:eusa_eh:

It doesn't appear that you were following the discussion or the point she was trying to make. I think you should probably go back and actually read the entire thread.

Immie

Best to be prepared.
even if i had to drive home, cuz he was incapacitated or something like that, and if i were stopped by my local cops....i could talk my way through it,and if it was a cop i didn't already know....worst that i can imagine happening is them following us home and me running in to get my license to show them.....

I LOVE IT HERE! :lol: i really do! never knew how blissful ''free''(or as close as one can be free) could be!

I don't think there would be a problem either way. Even if you did get pulled over without your license on you, the worst that would happen would be that you were cited and ordered to bring your license to court to prove your identity.

Immie

America is wonderful. I especially like the way we do care for those who are unable to care for themselves. That is truly the mark of a great nation and believe that is one of the ways God will judge us and hold us accountable.

It doesn't take much to look around and see that there is real need, either. It's not "hand holding" or "ass wiping". It's giving people a hand up instead of a hand out. If I read it right the average person on welfare stays on it less than two years.

I'll leave it here other than to say that I have no problem helping folks out who truly need it. I see able bodied people wanting more and more from government everyday, and think that is long term poison. You obviously don't see it that way so there isn't much sense.

I'm not acting like anything. I don't care what else an ID is required for. When an ID becomes a requirement to vote any fee to obtain it would be a poll tax. It's just an unintended consequence. No biggie. Like I said, I'm all for the ID requirement otherwise.

I half way agree with you. I would rather see moron's getting a free State ID that they could show when they Vote, than no ID Requirement at all. As it stands in NY, a potential Voter can only be asked for ID if their Name is Flagged on the List, which is absurd.

Reality dictates that there are instances which occur in everyday life where ID is required.

Yeah, man, I understand your point that the vast majority of us use our IDs quite frequently and need them for various things. The fee for an ID in most states, I would imagine is nominal. I understand people feeling "hey, pretty much everyone has them anyway" but regardless the fee becomes a poll tax when the ID is made mandatory to vote, IMO.
:cheeky-smiley-018::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: LOOK AT THAT FUCKING HAT !!! :razz::razz::420:

Best to be prepared.

I don't think there would be a problem either way. Even if you did get pulled over without your license on you, the worst that would happen would be that you were cited and ordered to bring your license to court to prove your identity.

Immie

Or You could be arrested, your vehicle impounded, if you had no one else at the scene to drive it, then there are Towing and Storage charges involved. Why be a dick Head in the first place?

Immie

Or You could be arrested, your vehicle impounded, if you had no one else at the scene to drive it, then there are Towing and Storage charges involved. Why be a dick Head in the first place?

Not likely to happen unless she starts screaming at the officer as he walks up and cussing him out... or maybe the last guy he had pulled over had done that.

The cops are not going to harass her as long as she is not belligerent to them especially if her husband is in the passenger seat incapacitated to prove her story.

Immie

Best to be prepared.

Immie
yeah, probably right. the cops can search your name anyway, and see if you do have a license....

i will never carry "papers'' on me just to have, to show the gestapo when they ask....I live in America! ;)

now, when i do plan to drive i will carry my license cuz it is required

Forum List

Back