Windows 8.1 upgrade..... is it just me?

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
OK.... i updated this damn thing.... and its screwing up the site..... Is it just me?

I dont even know how to explain what is happening...... but it is only on this site.... huge black bars.... gray bars.... blank spaces... all as i am posting.

WTF???

I am getting the bleeding red on all members in the "What's Going On?" box.

• Banned

It changed all my drivers..... from factory to Microsoft drivers....and loaded a lot of crap GGRRRRRR The Technician fixed all that one for me.....

but we cant seem to figure out the what his black and gray bar block thing is....... ggggrrrr

It changed all my drivers..... from factory to Microsoft drivers....and loaded a lot of crap GGRRRRRR The Technician fixed all that one for me.....

but we cant seem to figure out the what his black and gray bar block thing is....... ggggrrrr

Try a different browser. I switched from Firefox to IE and the colors went back to normal.

I'm thinking about getting a mac the next time I get a pc. I am using windows 7. I don't want windows 8. At all.

As much as I hate Windows 8, I'm glad I haven't 'upgraded' to 8.1 yet after reading this.
Are you folks on desktops or tablets?

I have an all in one I love it.....

I use my iPad when not on this and a notebook when I travel...the notebook and all in one have 8.1 I like it

It has been driving me crazy. I only see it when posting in the advanced mode on this site. I don't want to stop using Firefox just to avoid it, maybe I will switch to the basic mode by default.

Try a different browser. I switched from Firefox to IE and the colors went back to normal.

:eek:

i hate IE

DON'T upgrade to 8.1. I repeat, DON'T upgrade to 8.1! Revert back to your original installation. I tried last night to upgrade, it caused a exception_not_handled BSOD. It then kicked me back to my Win 7 drive. I spent the better part of 2 hours restoring my original operating system.

I speak having been from hell and back. Don't touch Windows 8.1.

I am a desktop user, incidentally.

Last edited:
DON'T upgrade to 8.1. I repeat, DON'T upgrade to 8.1! Revert back to your original installation. I tried last night to upgrade, it caused a exception_not_handled BSOD. It then kicked me back to my Win 7 drive. I spent the better part of 2 hours restoring my original operating system.

I speak having been from hell and back. Don't touch Windows 8.1.

I am a desktop user, incidentally.

Did you run the upgrade assistant first?

Forum List

Back