Wimbledon 19

He's younger.
Yes, Younger and his game is much more varied than Nadal. He is the perfect tennis playing machine.
The more I think about it the more I would give Djokovich the nod but Federer has so much history of winning behind him.
That can't be over stated. Still, I would choose Novak by a slim margin.

“I’m shocked,” says John McEnroe on the BBC. “Halep obviously is a tremendous and, at this stage in her career, the superior athlete. But I didn’t think it would intimidate Serena Williams as much as it did today.

“Halep completely and thoroughly outplayed her. It wasn’t even a match. There’s only a handful of times in your life when you feel as though you’re in the zone like that and that was one of them.

“Williams has to get herself even fitter because at that level she can be exposed – especially if nerves come into play. Halep moves better than anyone on the tour. Why she thought she couldn’t play well on grass I don’t know. Maybe it took her a while to figure out.

“Today was the best match she’s ever played and she’s just beaten Williams in 55 minutes.

Pleasantly surprised by the outcome of today's Ladies' Final.

Serena Williams played horribly, spraying the ball all over the place, then in the fifth game she finally held and one might think she's finally getting her game calibrated. Simona Halep still held her nerve and won the first set. But you never count Serena out and has won many matches from a set down to steamroll her opponents. That didn't happen. Simona played very well and Serena played horribly. And this is the third straight Grand Slam match Serena's played in that she lost.

In the semifinal, I was rooting for Simona over Elina Svitolina, no slight to Elina, but Elina would have been overwhelmed in the final as she was in the semifinal, and Simona was now accustomed to championship matches and played Serena tough before.

Congratulations to Simona.

Anyone watching the Roger/Rafa semi final?

If you don't care about seeing Roger v. Rafa, then you're not a tennis fan.

Happy for Roger. Now the tough task of taking on Djokovic.

I have to admit I don't like Djokovic, there is something about him that puts me off. Federer though, he is a gentleman, and one hell of an athlete.

I have to admit I don't like Djokovic, there is something about him that puts me off. Federer though, he is a gentleman, and one hell of an athlete.

I love watching Djokovic in those long rallies.

He's a hell of a player, no doubt about that, but his personality is what i don't like. Kind of like the difference between Venus and Serena. I love Venus, and always have, but I can't stand her sister.

I love watching Djokovic in those long rallies.

He's a hell of a player, no doubt about that, but his personality is what i don't like. Kind of like the difference between Venus and Serena. I love Venus, and always have, but I can't stand her sister.

I like him a lot.

Rafa's OCD rituals before his serves drive me demented.

Although I was slightly pulling for Federer in the semi, you can't help but sympathize with Rafa, who works harder than anyone else at tennis to stay at the top of his game. But I don't see Federer taking the Joker under any circumstances. Novak has his number.

It bothers me that so many are bad-mouthing Serena over this quick-but-fabulous final. Halep simply played her cute little ass off and could have beat any woman in history today. Hell, she beat the GOAT! In less than an hour.

Serena made a normal number of unforced errors, but her game seemed sloppy compared with what Halep was doing, which was incredible.

I often ask myself why I dislike both Williams sisters. Like it or not, a personality comes through when you look at the way athletes go about their business, how they react to various conditions and events, their facial expressions during the telecasts, and so on. In their case, a personality comes through in the way they dress and style their hair. Don't like 'em. Never have. Arrogant, entitled, ungracious, intolerant. Not nice.

I hope they both retire. Soon.

Billie Jean King said that Serena Williams should devote herself to tennis for a year instead of spending so much time
being a celebrity.
A reporter asked Serena about this in the Wimbledon post match press conference and Serena said, to this woman of color, "The day I stop fighting for rights for people like you and me is the day I am in the grave".

Okay, but that's not what the reporter asked about. And that's not what Billie Jean King said.

Mendacious Serena Williams was playing the victim card again to avoid the point...that she is more devoted to the New York Fashion Week (and other celebrity pursuits) than playing tennis anymore. But she's too dishonest to deal with it.
She still thinks she can just play a few events and win when she decides to walk out onto the court. She's swimming in an ocean of denial.

And the media is pretending her dishonest reply was appropriate. TENNIS.com - Live Scores, News, Player Rankings

She'll never be back as a champion because she lies to herself and the slavish media backs her up. It's sick.

Last edited:
Although I was slightly pulling for Federer in the semi, you can't help but sympathize with Rafa, who works harder than anyone else at tennis to stay at the top of his game. But I don't see Federer taking the Joker under any circumstances. Novak has his number.

It bothers me that so many are bad-mouthing Serena over this quick-but-fabulous final. Halep simply played her cute little ass off and could have beat any woman in history today. Hell, she beat the GOAT! In less than an hour.

Serena made a normal number of unforced errors, but her game seemed sloppy compared with what Halep was doing, which was incredible.

I often ask myself why I dislike both Williams sisters. Like it or not, a personality comes through when you look at the way athletes go about their business, how they react to various conditions and events, their facial expressions during the telecasts, and so on. In their case, a personality comes through in the way they dress and style their hair. Don't like 'em. Never have. Arrogant, entitled, ungracious, intolerant. Not nice.

I hope they both retire. Soon.
I feel less so about Venus but, yeah. Serena Williams is a fat entitled piece of shit, in my view. And as my previous post demonstrates she is a liar and in complete denial.

Djokovich. I gave him a slight edge (as per my post) and so it was. The slimmest of edges.
Fed had him on the hook but he let Djokovich off so he really should have few complaints.

Forum List

Back