Wilson Very Good, but Over-rated!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Yep he is winning and yes he has a great shot at a second ring, but some people place him in the best QB in football conversation. I don't think he is even top 5.

There are 5 QB easily better: Brady, Rodgers, Luck, Stafford and Roethlisberger.
Old, but if playing still better: P. Manning and Brees
3 you might take: Newton, Romo and Ryan.

I notice you picked quarterbacks who do a lot of passing, well maybe except Newton. Okay...now show why you think those quarterback are better than Wilson?

Yep he is winning and yes he has a great shot at a second ring, but some people place him in the best QB in football conversation. I don't think he is even top 5.

There are 5 QB easily better: Brady, Rodgers, Luck, Stafford and Roethlisberger.

Ah.....another guy who can't see beyond yardage stats

He isn't overrated, he is a good QB, but I think Carroll has a system for Wilson and it works well for him, he thrives in the run first offense. Of the QB's at their current level, I'd take Luck, he has a huge upside. Manning, Brees and Brady are to old. Stafford needs more discipline, Newton carried the Panthers against Seattle, that was his most impressive game.

Bottom line, if they have the right personnel surrounding them...they could all win Super Bowls. As much credit as we give a QB for winning and losing, they are one person on a team of 22 starters and they only play half a game.

He isn't overrated, he is a good QB, but I think Carroll has a system for Wilson and it works well for him, he thrives in the run first offense. Of the QB's at their current level, I'd take Luck, he has a huge upside. Manning, Brees and Brady are to old. Stafford needs more discipline, Newton carried the Panthers against Seattle, that was his most impressive game.

Bottom line, if they have the right personnel surrounding them...they could all win Super Bowls. As much credit as we give a QB for winning and losing, they are one person on a team of 22 starters and they only play half a game.

I would agree. A lot depends on the offensive philosophy and the players around them. Could Brady, Manning, or Brees have success behind Seattle's swiss cheese offensive line? No. They would get beat like a drum. All of them could have success behind Denver's o-line. Is Manning a better QB than Wilson...God I would hope so, he has a decade of experience on him. If he isn't that would be pretty sad.

Wilson is probably a better pure athlete than Manning or Ryan ever was but does he have their accuracy? He certainly doesn't have Manning's. Comparisons like this are difficult because it depends.

Are we putting those quarterbacks behind New England's offensive line or Seattle's? Are we putting those quarterbacks in a pass first offense like New Orleans or a run first offense like Seattle? Are we giving them Denver's receivers or Jacksonville's? It all depends

I would agree. A lot depends on the offensive philosophy and the players around them. Could Brady, Manning, or Brees have success behind Seattle's swiss cheese offensive line? No. They would get beat like a drum. All of them could have success behind Denver's o-line. Is Manning a better QB than Wilson...God I would hope so, he has a decade of experience on him. If he isn't that would be pretty sad.

Wilson is probably a better pure athlete than Manning or Ryan ever was but does he have their accuracy? He certainly doesn't have Manning's. Comparisons like this are difficult because it depends.

Are we putting those quarterbacks behind New England's offensive line or Seattle's? Are we putting those quarterbacks in a pass first offense like New Orleans or a run first offense like Seattle? Are we giving them Denver's receivers or Jacksonville's? It all depends

Wilson being just a little off against the Packers cost him with a crazy number of turnovers. I saw Manning throw WAY more bad passes in their game with the Colts. It was just LUCKY that his errant throws didn't cost him.
Wilson's touch on the football in the last few minutes when every single pass had to be perfect was off the charts legendary on Sunday. That mastery of throwing the football is more the norm for Russell than the exception. He threw 4 ints the other day. He threw 7 for the regular season. THAT is outstanding. Rodgers threw only 5...but he threw 2 on Sunday. Neither QB had a particularly good day with the exception of Wilson's performance in the absolute crunchiest of crunch time.

I don't think Russell Wilson is over rated. He is never listed in the top 5 or even in the top ten of active QBs very often. What he does in flashes is throw some of the best passes of any QB playing right now. Luck is also VERY accurate but suffers on his ability to throw with touch on occasion.

Right now Wilson and Luck show the promise as emerging to be the talent of the future as they both mature and apply their talent more intelligently.

All of the aging QBs..the Mannings, Brees, Ryan, Brady, etc...are past their absolute prime and winning from experience more than pure physical talent. Wilson and Luck have a learning/experience curve that is still climbing. Their raw talent started out superior to every QB that came before them.

I understand that most don't believe what I just stated but I stick to that statement and look forward to see the way the competition between Luck and Wilson plays out for this next decade.

Not too far down the road the Seahawks must find a head coach to replace Carroll. He is very good right now but he will have retired before Russell Wilson's skills peak. The next coach will have a lot to do with Wilson's long term success.

Wilson being just a little off against the Packers cost him with a crazy number of turnovers. I saw Manning throw WAY more bad passes in their game with the Colts. It was just LUCKY that his errant throws didn't cost him.
Wilson's touch on the football in the last few minutes when every single pass had to be perfect was off the charts legendary on Sunday. That mastery of throwing the football is more the norm for Russell than the exception. He threw 4 ints the other day. He threw 7 for the regular season. THAT is outstanding. Rodgers threw only 5...but he threw 2 on Sunday. Neither QB had a particularly good day with the exception of Wilson's performance in the absolute crunchiest of crunch time.

I don't think Russell Wilson is over rated. He is never listed in the top 5 or even in the top ten of active QBs very often. What he does in flashes is throw some of the best passes of any QB playing right now. Luck is also VERY accurate but suffers on his ability to throw with touch on occasion.

Right now Wilson and Luck show the promise as emerging to be the talent of the future as they both mature and apply their talent more intelligently.

All of the aging QBs..the Mannings, Brees, Ryan, Brady, etc...are past their absolute prime and winning from experience more than pure physical talent. Wilson and Luck have a learning/experience curve that is still climbing. Their raw talent started out superior to every QB that came before them.

I understand that most don't believe what I just stated but I stick to that statement and look forward to see the way the competition between Luck and Wilson plays out for this next decade.

I like both Luck and Wilson, Luck has to carry his team more as they have no running game, no defense an average line and their best receiver drops a lot of balls. Wilson will probably have a shorter career because of the running. However both should keep their teams near the top for a few years.

:link:

P Manning better? Now that's some funny stuff.:lmao:

you obviously did not see the bungles or colts game where his balls floated like ducks when he tried to throw deep down the field.He can no longer throw the ball deep down the field accurately anymore and it showed int hose games.Its comedy gold that Elway thinks by hiring Kubiak and him not having to throw as much over the year that he will still be effective:biggrin::lmao:.

He is in denial mode if he thinks Manning still has the physical skills to get it done and so will manning if he actually says he will come back next year which I cant see him being stupid enough to do.lol

Brees? I will give you that one.He never would have played bad like Wilson did in this NFC game. and that's really funny that you would even think Romo would be be better.He went into his usual meltdown mode in the packers game.lol

that's really funny as well that you would take unlucky over Wilson.:lmao: Unlucky gets scared everytime he has to face the pats.Now if Wilson plays as bad ad unlucky did in the superbowl,we'll talk then but right now,you're rambling.

Unlucky gets scared everytime he faces the pats and has meltdowns the same way manning does when he plays in big games.lol Unlucky even nearly lost the divisional playoff game last year against the kansas city clowns throwing three interceptions in THAT game.:lmao:He was only able to come back and win it because they were not anywhere near as good a team as their record indicated last year and because what,else? they are the Kansas city CLOWNS.they really should change their name of their team to that because its accurate to says that's what they are.they are easily the biggest joke of an NFL franchise ever. and I know you are trying to be funny about Stafford and Ryan being better.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wilson had ONE BAD game sunday,the worst time possible to have one in the playoffs but the only time he has played poorly in a playoff game but ever since unlucky came into the league,he has only had one game where he did not stink up the joint in the playoffs,the donkeys game and thats because washed up has been Manning hd the donkeys going a lot of three and outs with his wobbly inaccuarete passes and even in that game,unlucky STILL threw two interceptions.:rofl:

Not too far down the road the Seahawks must find a head coach to replace Carroll. He is very good right now but he will have retired before Russell Wilson's skills peak. The next coach will have a lot to do with Wilson's long term success.
I think carrol can coach him the next 10 years if he wants to.Unlke most people his age,he doesnt show how old he REALLY is not looking it at all.He is not like coughlin who needs to give it up.he for sure shows his age.

carrol has the energy and enthusiasm of a man in his late fortys which is why I can easily see him coaching Wilson another 10 years if he desires.

Forum List

Back